Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Avengers 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:44 am 
5" Scale

I can see her as Jessica. Loved her on Law and Order.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:18 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

She has more Red She Hulk Betty Banner features I think

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Personally I think she is better suited for Olive Oyl than Shulkie but I'm sure a personal trainer and some CGI could fix that up...

I imagine that the She-Hulk would be completely CGI. An actress in green body paint probably wouldn't cut it. Angie would play Jennifer Walters and just be the voice of She-Hulk.

This is assuming that She-Hulk ever shows up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's all just speculation at this point, but it would be cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:09 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I would go see fantastic four meets daredevil vs ghostrider 4 if she hulk was in it. i'd go see elektra 2 if she hulk was in it. hell, i'd go see superman returns again if she hulk was in it. i think it would be awesome if shulkie and howard the duck ended up in a deadpool movie, just kinda cameo style or something.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

With all the reboots going on out there, I'm still patiently waiting for a Howard the Dick reboot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:55 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Howard the Dick is busy with his satellite radio show. Howard the Duck, on the other hand, that might be a fun one to put with hit monkey or something.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

But would you go see Catwoman 2 if She Hulk was in it?

Or Steel 2?

:wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From Newsarama:

Whedon Confirmed for AVENGERS 2, Marvel TV Series

By Albert Ching, Newsarama Staff Writer
posted: 07 August 2012 05:29 pm ET

Joss Whedon is returning to both write and direct an Avengers sequel and develop a live-action Marvel TV series, Variety reports.

The news was announced by Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger on Tuesday during the company's earnings call. The TV series will reportedly be for Disney-owned ABC, though it's unconfirmed at this point if it's related to the rumored show set in the Avengers world that was reported on late last month.

In May, Whedon told the Los Angeles Times that he was "very torn" about returning for a second Avengers film, calling it, "an enormous amount of work telling what is ultimately somebody else's story." Avengers has become the third highest-grossing film in box office history on both the domestic and worldwide charts, with a current combined total of $1.46 billion.

No timeframe has been announced yet for an Avengers sequel, but 2015 seems likely, given that 2013 and 2014 are already scheduled for two Marvel Studios films each: Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World in 2013, followed by Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014.

Whedon has an acclaimed background in TV as the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly; all shows that cultivated loyal fanbases. Last month at Comic-Con in San Diego, he stated that he'd enjoy a return to television, saying, "TV rules. Most of the good storytelling being done on the screen in America is being done on TV."

Update: Marvel Studios has released an official statement on today's Joss Whedon news, effectively confirming a 2015 release date for the Avengers sequel:

"Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:54 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

No real surprise, but nice to see them make it official. 2015 here we come!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:33 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Cool. I've enjoyed most of what he's been involved in, especially Buffy, Avengers, and Dr. Horrible.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jeremy Renner Talks Hawkeye Solo Movie, Filming Avengers

by SuperHeroHype

August 07, 2012

Jeremy Renner is a busy man. He's had two major action movies come out in the past year with another on the way this weekend and he's showing no signs of stopping. Hero Complex got to sit down and have a word with him and he managed to touch on all the subjects we wished he would, except for whether he's appearing in any other Marvel sequels. Here are some highlights from the interview:

HC: Will we see you in a Hawkeye movie?

JR: I don’t know. I think there’s always possibilities of anything in the Marvel universe. There’s gotta be a want from people to see something like that. I don’t know if there is. Maybe there is maybe there isn’t. But who knows? We’ll see.

HC: In “Avengers,” you sort of get to play both sides. What was that like?

JR: At the end of the day, 90% of the movie, I’m not the character I signed on to play. I’m literally in there for two minutes, and then all of a sudden… All I could really work on was the physical part of it all, because that didn’t change. That was just the biggest challenge to overcome in playing the guy. Also, we’re pretty much introducing a new superhero character to everyone in a movie where there’s a thousand superheroes. So there’s not a lot of back story or understanding we can really tell about who Clint Barton is, or Hawkeye, and is he working for SHIELD or not. There’s a lot of unanswered questions, even for me. And I was OK with that. At least I was still in the movie. And I was glad for that. The closest thing I could really link to was Scarlett [Johansson's] character, Black Widow, because they have a history. And that definitely plays in the movie, I think. And obviously, you can’t go into too much just because there’s so much story to tell, but you definitely get a sense that they’re connected, and that there’s something really, really important that ties them together. And I could try to summarize it, but it can go a lot of places. That excites me, though, that there’s room for other things.

You heard him folks, if you want a Hawkeye movie you've got to let Marvel know! You can check out the full interview by clicking here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:17 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Avengers 2 in May 2015?

by SuperHeroHype

August 09, 2012

No official word on this one, as MTV simply sources 'several industry insiders', but the mumblings have begun that The Avengers 2 will hit theaters on May 1st, 2015.

With Joss Whedon having just signed his exclusive TV and film contract with Marvel it would make sense for the film to be released around that time, and as an insider told MTV: Marvel has a very set agenda of what they want to do, they are already kind of ahead of the game [on the sequel] because they've got the guy that did it before doing it again and something tells me Joss already has the template [for the film]

With four (possibly five) more movies between now and then it seems likely, but Marvel definitely has their hands full. What do you think? Will you be able to wait three years for The Avengers 2?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel's The Avengers 2 is Coming on May 1, 2015

by SuperHeroHype

August 16, 2012

Following the announcement that Joss Whedon is returning to write and direct Marvel's The Avengers 2 (Marvel Studios and Disney say the film is still untitled for now) comes official word that the release date for the sequel has been set for May 1, 2015. There is no other movie scheduled for that date yet.

The first film, released on May 4, has earned $1.462 billion at the worldwide box office, which makes it the third-biggest release ever trailing only James Cameron's Titanic ($2.185 billion) and Avatar ($2.782 billion). "The Avengers" has earned $617.3 million domestically and $844.6 million overseas.

The team-up sequel will be preceded by Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013, Thor: The Dark World on November 8, 2013, Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4, 2014 and Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1, 2014.

It is possible that Ant-Man will hit theaters before "The Avengers 2" as well, though a release date has not yet been set.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Joss Whedon Talks Marvel Phase 2 & Avengers 2 Plot

by SuperHeroHype

September 11, 2012

Joss Whedon is a very busy man, and with the kind of deal he's got at Marvel he probably won't have any time to sit down in the next three years, or maybe he will. When talking to 24 Hours about the process of the films, Joss elaborated on what his role will be as the 'overseer' for the rest of "Phase 2."

"Very talented people are writing and directing these movies, and what I don't want to be is the guy they dread, who's going to come in and say" - here, Whedon affects a pompous British accent - "'Oh, well I have the power to say change this.' I'm not that."

Though he can't say specifically what he wants to do with the sequel to The Avengers, he can talk thematically, and it seems like he's ready to take our favorite heroes to the edge.

"The creation of the team is not the happy ending," he said. "It is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I'm digging, just twist that knife. And that's exciting for me."

Marvel's The Avengers 2 is set to be released May 1, 2015. The team-up sequel will be preceded by Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013, Thor: The Dark World on November 8, 2013, Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4, 2014 and Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1, 2014.

It is also possible that Ant-Man will hit theaters before The Avengers 2 as well, though a release date has not yet been set.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:25 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Joss Whedon Offers an Avengers Sequel Update

by SuperHeroHype

September 13, 2012

With Marvel's The Avengers shattering box office records and set for release on DVD and Blu-ray on September 25, Joss Whedon is currently preparing the future of the Marvel Universe on both the big and small screen. In an interview today with The Huffington Post, the writer/director speaks out about the level of creative freedom he has heading into Marvel's The Avengers 2.

"I think there's a level of trust," he says. "You know, Kevin Feige and I have always had mutual respect, and on the first movie he was very supportive. But there were definitely things where they were like, 'Hmm, we don't see that.' And I think now Kevin's in a place where it would be more like, 'We don't see it, but we think you do."

Exactly how much leeway does that give Whedon? He answers that question with the namedrop of a fan-favorite superheroine who, sadly, probably won't be appearing on the big screen anytime soon.

"[T]hat doesn't mean they're just going to roll over and I'm going to say, 'Oh, it's 'Great Lakes Avengers' and we're going to get Squirrel Girl and you're gonna love it,'" he continues. "You know, they need to believe. But all I want to do is make the movie that they want. And so it's been great. We're having that same kind of, 'What if? Oh, and what if?' And 'I was thinking it would be funny ... ooh ooh ooh.' There's definitely a level of earned trust, but as with any good studio head or producer, that doesn't mean a free pass."

Whedon's latest, non-Marvel project, Much Ado About Nothing, was just picked up for distribution by Lionsgate for theatrical release in 2013.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next