Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Have an idea to help save DCUC! Please read!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Ok, so I've read what people are concerned about and what's keeping them from signing up and come up with an idea to help save DCUC this year.

Some have cited not wanting to deal with Digital River, others state they don't want to buy figures they don't want (despite the fact that it's the only way to keep the line alive to get to ones you do want).

I have given this a lot of thought, looked at what I feel I can do and I'm putting this offer out there...I will buy subs for anyone using the following as criteria.

1 - Out of the 12 figures, you must commit to buying at least 6 of them (7 if you want the exclusive). I don't care which ones you want, I will let you cherry pick them. You can buy more (eg. 8, 9 or all 12) but not less than 6 so I'm only stuck with half at worst.

2 - Shipping will be a standard $8 per figure to anywhere in the states. Please keep in mind that I will be shipping this out to you plus there's shipping to where I receive it. For international fans, including Canada I will charge exact shipping and send you a receipt. I live on the border of Massena, NY so I know that it's cheaper to ship from USA to the USA.

3 - Please don't screw me over if you are not going to honor this deal, I realize that I will be putting myself out on a limb and trusting in the goodwill of others as you will feel you are doing with me also. I'm not rich...I just really, really want this line to continue. I am asking that anyone interested pay for an initial figure to show their commitment and you can put it towards any figure in the line even if you don't like one until August of next year. If you want the exclusive, I'm asking for both the cost of that one plus the initial figure up front. The rest of them can be paid the month the figure comes out if you prefer before I ship to you.

I am willing to do up to 50 subs, counting on that hopefully there are enough honest people out there who will not leave me with more than half that kinda of stock and I realize this means I could be stuck with 50 of a given character that no one wants. That's fine, I will give them to kids I know at church or donate them or try to sell some of them to make up costs.

This line has brought us so many great characters I thought we'd never see and my favorite team the Titans still has major gaps & holes, not to mention I would love to see more Legion, Flash Rogues, and pretty much any Females & Villains. I'm willing to take on some risk to do my part and help others also. I will also admit that another reason why is that collecting this line has been one of the few things I still enjoy in life as I am recently divorced due to my ex's adulteries and while I wish I could admit that there's more that makes me feel excited right now...I can't say that's the case at the moment. I will be posting this on the boards I know of including mattycollector.com, thefwoosh and actionfigureinsider - the latter 2, I have been on for 4-5 years and have excellent trading/selling feedback on if you wish to check.

If there are any other questions you have please message me before that August 6th deadline shows up and we'll figure something out. Please help save the DCUC line, we still have way too many characters to make & release!

Jeremy "Boots Bailey" Bojarski

I should also add I bought 2 subs for myself already and when rereading where I wrote about how you could wait till August to buy that as your first figure, that would mean you would then have to commit to the rest of the year to keep with getting at least 6 of them.
Boots

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/foru ... 351#157351

Post subject: Re: Have an idea to help save DCUC! Please read!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm 
serves the Otter

Five days left.

Anyone still on the fence needs to decide now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:27 pm 

Someone just asked me about the figures they could select from and since I'd be ordering a sub per person interested, you'd get a shot at any figure they make. I suppose I'm realizing that since some figs won't be selected, those interested can request and if there's left overs of a certain fig and they want doubles, we can definitely work something out as that would only help me out anyways.
Boots

P.S. Shabbyblue's right...only 5 days left so we gotta pull through now if we want this!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 am 
MINT!

Well here's a list I ran across sometime back on some toy on the net that had the DCUC figures list until wave 27, which if things had gone they way they thought would have been up until the end of 2013 begging of 14. Now if you look though the list many of the ones list got produced some how some way...other we have been shown now that have the prototypes have been done the figures may not get produced. So there are some strong possibilities....and while there are others too that probably didn't get on this proposed list I'm sure that they they had been reconsidered for slots because those first few waves listed isn't how it worked out.

Wave 14
Green Lantern
Obsidian
Hourman
Gold
Kamandi
Zatanna
Tyr

CnC:
?

Wave 15
Phantom Stranger
Felix Faust
Lead
Platinum
Dove
Hawk
Samurai

CnC:
?

Wave 16
Martian Manhunter
Jemm
Starman ( w/ variant)
Mento
Batman SC
Golden Pharaoh
Raven

CnC:
?

Wave 17
Robin E-2
Owlman (Vintage/Modern)
Flash GA
Jonah Hex
Mercury
Amazing Man
Omac

CnC:
Colossal Boy

Wave18
Captain Boomerang (Vintage/Modern)
Mon-El (Vintage/Modern)
Aqualad
Creeper
Saturn Girl
Black Vulcan
Mirror Master

CnC:
Apache Chief

Wave 19
Sandman (Vintage/Modern)
Superman E-2
Toyman
Green Lantern GA
Mera
Flash (Wally)

CnC:
Validus

Wave 20
Prof. Zoom
Geo-Force (Vintage/Modern)
King (Royal Flush Gang)
Lightning Lad
Poison Ivy
Speedy
Vigilante I

CnC:
Ace (Royal Flush Gang)

Wave 21
Ray (GA/MA)
Dr. Light I/II
Evil Star
Captain Marvel Jr.
Timber Wolf
Brainiac 5
Jack (Royal Flush Gang)

CnC:
Pesuader

Wave 22
Johnny Quick (Vintage/Modern)
Power Ring (Vintage/Modern)
Green Arrow (Conner)
Ferro Lad
Queen (Royal Flush Gang)
Sgt. Rock

CnC:
Doomsday

Wave 23
Elongated man (Vintage/Modern)
Dawnstar
Merlyn
Batman (Modern: Dick)
Mano
Mr. Freeze (New Mold)
Tempest

CnC:
Metron w/ Chair

Wave 24
Ultra Boy
Superwoman (Vintage/Modern)
Count Vertigo
Prometheus
Black Hawk
Ten (Royal Flush Gang)
Shining Knight

CnC:
Winged Victory

Wave25
Manhunters
Atom
Emerald Empress
Warlord
Aztek
Jack-O-Lantern
Red Arrow

CnC:
The General

Wave 26
Mr. Myxzptlk & Bat-mite(variant Zoren-arrb)
Sun Boy
Atomic Knight
Chameleon Boy
Mordu
Riddler (Jumpsuit)
General Zod

CnC:
Anti-Monitor

Wave 27
Batman (SP no black on mask)
The Top
Bizarro (New)
Catman
Mad Hatter
Red Robin
Karate Kid

CnC:
Bane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:50 am 

where did these lists come from? I've never seen them past wave 21

what is the connection of posting this to my thread to help buy subs?
Boots

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:43 am 
Aspires to be #1

Appreciate the effort here, but unless you plan to buy about 1,000 subs I don't think it'll matter.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:09 am 
shirtless hugger

I tried offering to buy subs for people, too. So far, no takers.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:13 am 
Cold-cast

As a die hard JLU fan, man do I feel your pain. I went through all of the same anguish last year. But you have to let it go. This is not the end of 6" DC figures. Hopefully the popular figures from the sub have a decent chance of showing up at a convention or further down the line at retail.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:33 am 
MINT!

I ran across it about a year and a half ago not sure from what site but I saved it to kind of see what you come of it, and how accurate and what characters were to get made from it....and of course things get shuffled around all the time as they have already told us that. Of course like any of these list most of us assume speculation and take them with a grain of salt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:05 am 

Well just to give an update. I ended up only having one person pay in advance and there were 7 others interested...had plenty of others respond but were non-committal. I'm sad to say that it just wasn't enough to make a difference in trying to manage it all and have enough of an impact so I'm giving a refund and just crossing my fingers hoping something will happen to save the sub...

Doesn't look like much though when looking at that thermometer.
Boots

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 am 
Collector Inspector

Boots Bailey wrote:
Well just to give an update. I ended up only having one person pay in advance and there were 7 others interested...had plenty of others respond but were non-committal. I'm sad to say that it just wasn't enough to make a difference in trying to manage it all and have enough of an impact so I'm giving a refund and just crossing my fingers hoping something will happen to save the sub...

Doesn't look like much though when looking at that thermometer.
Boots

It was a neat idea, definitely points for trying. I was thinking of taking you up on the offer. But out of the five shown there just wasn't much that I wanted. I kinda want Saint Walker and Larfleeze but I can definitely live without them. If they showed Huntress, The itch to buy in would have been there.

This year's selection was better and made me wish I subscribed. I bought Jay Garrick on Sale Day. I'm getting Lead, Platinum and Elasti-girl from one board member and Constantine from another. Mirror Master looks to be one of the best looking villains yet and I might try to get him on ebay if the mood strikes me. Atrocitus was a little disapointing and Poison Ivy looks just okay -- not great, not bad. I have DC Direct versions of those characters that I really like. No interest in Starman and Rocket Red. Black Mask is intriguing, I'd get him only if I can find a good deal.

I'm more of a retail guy, but I think DCIE is a great thing. I hope it miraculously goes through.