Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mega Bloks: World of Warcraft
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:35 am 
Infinite Hero

Well, alrighty... if you happened to check out my recent blog (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog/?p=7172) then you know that I'm really excited about the upcoming World of Warcraft sets coming this year from Mega Bloks. The World of Warcraft world is so rich in characters and environments.

I broke down and picked up the Blizzcon 2011-exclusive Thrall figure off eBay. Should arrive in a couple days.

So, anyone else looking forward to this line or to the Starcraft line? (I'm looking forward to that one, too)

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject: Re: Mega Bloks: World of Warcraft
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:54 pm 
Infinite Hero

I got Thrall the other day, and he's fantastic. Easily one of the coolest mini-figures from Mega Bloks or Lego, imho.

He's considerably larger than previous Mega Blok figures such as Halo, Pyrates or Pirates of the Caribbean, and better proportioned as well. Not as squat as their previous mini-figure design. I don't think that Thrall is supposed to be that much larger than a human (I've got an old Blizzard Thrall action figure that's the same height as the human from the same line)...so, this may be indicative of where the line is going design-wise.

I put Thrall up against a Jack Sparrow mini-figure (with hat) and he's a good head taller.

Really looking forward to what Mega Bloks unveils at Toy Fair.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:23 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
While I am curious to see how they handle this line, I really hoped Mega Bloks would have done a new and improved Dragons line, or atleast I hoped they would make an actual Master Chief minifigure for Halo, I am so sick of the Halo Wars armor being used over and over. Sorry I derailed the thread... back on topic... I can't wait for the WOW line! yeah! ;)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:58 am 
Infinite Hero

Looking at the pics in this article, it does appear that humans are the basic "squat" design they've used in Halo and Pirates/Pyrates previous. Too bad, but not a deal breaker.

http://kotaku.com/5852320/mega-bloks-br ... /gallery/1

I wish there were better pictures (and in-focus!) of the mini-figures themselves. But looks like lots of cool sets coming.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:31 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Yeah they do look kind of fun, and I kind of really want to buy some when they are released, lol. But man! I have too many Mega Bloks and Legos already, I can't keep buying more, lol :)

D.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:09 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

That castle set is tempting, but my WOW knowledge ended at Warcraft III (and I don't think I even finished it).

Good news for the fans, though.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:21 pm 
serves the Otter

Shellhead wrote:
That castle set is tempting, but my WOW knowledge ended at Warcraft III (and I don't think I even finished it).

Good news for the fans, though.

Same here I played WOW once and I wasn't impressed, but I love Warcraft 3 though, so I will probably get one or two sets of Knights, Night Elves, and Orcs.

D.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:40 am 
Infinite Hero

I'm in a similar boat.

I actually just started playing WoW, because it's free to play until Lvl 20 now and at the rate I'll play that'll take me forever. I think I've played like 1 hr total thus far in the past 3 weeks.

But, I loved Warcraft II & III. Loved them. And, as I've mentioned, I love the look and feel of the world that Blizzard has created.

The downside of all this is that I've nowhere to display the big sets. May have to work on that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 pm 
serves the Otter

Jeff Cope wrote:
But, I loved Warcraft II & III. Loved them. And, as I've mentioned, I love the look and feel of the world that Blizzard has created.

The downside of all this is that I've nowhere to display the big sets. May have to work on that.

I love the world they built too, it is unique compared to other fantasy/knights stuff out their right now IMO, so I definitely will want to get a set or two. Also I hear ya about finding a place to put the sets, I can't even get a decent place for just 2 of the smaller Lego Superheroes sets I just got, lol.

D.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:26 pm 
5th Horseman

Looking forward to these, however my main interest is in just the figures.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:27 pm 
Infinite Hero

Official set pics!

http://www.blizzbloks.com/2012/04/02/of ... et-images/

Can't wait for these!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 pm 
Infinite Hero

These are starting to hit! I saw the Demolisher set this morning at Target. Can't afford this set right now :-(

...but it looked awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:45 am 
5" Scale

So I have been playing WOW since Dec 04, and I am a new LEGO fan since xmas, so I have been collecting them pretty hardcore, so when I heard about WOW Mega Bloks sets, I thought wow these are going to be great, 2 loves combined

So I bought the deathwing set and the demolisher set, I started with the small set first and by the time it was done, I had zero desire to open the deathwing set and took it back to target.

this was my first mega blok set and I felt they were very cheap plastic compared to legos and building the small building that came with the set, just felt off. It was nothing more then just a back drop piece, where legos you can feel the engineering as you put them together.

The mini figures are a let down as well, they just feel like bad mini action figures, my wallet is glad Im not liking these, but I was really looking forward to them.

Plus mega bloks really needs to copy LEGO on how to bag parts and number the bags.

So I will just be sticking to LEGOs, hope I can at least get cost for that set I put together on eBay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 am 
Infinite Hero

fball13z wrote:
The mini figures are a let down as well, they just feel like bad mini action figures, my wallet is glad Im not liking these, but I was really looking forward to them.

This, of course, is entirely subjective and a matter of personal preference, but I picked up the 4 character sets this week (thank you, TRU sale!) and I dig 'em as much as I expected to. I vastly prefer Mega Bloks mini-figures over Lego's far more abstracted figures. Short of a full-one 3-3/4" action figure line, these little guys are just what the toy doctor ordered for this WOW fan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:06 am 
5" Scale

Jeff Cope wrote:
fball13z wrote:

This, of course, is entirely subjective and a matter of personal preference, but I picked up the 4 character sets this week (thank you, TRU sale!) and I dig 'em as much as I expected to. I vastly prefer Mega Bloks mini-figures over Lego's far more abstracted figures. Short of a full-one 3-3/4" action figure line, these little guys are just what the toy doctor ordered for this WOW fan.

eh maybe I just got a bad set, but the paint was so bad on mine.

I would kill for a real 3 3/4" figure line, I had the DC Direct stuff for a while but it was just a line of statues really