Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ask Mattel for August 1st
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 pm 
shirtless hugger

SDCC is over and Ask Matty has resumed. The answers this round had to be submitted during the con, so I expect not all the sites will have answers this round and that some of the answers are already redundant as they were cleared up in the days immediately follwing the convention:

AFI - http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... t-1st-2012

IAT - http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=20017

Kastor - http://kastorskorner.com/wp/2012/08/01/ ... ctor-more/

Elkk - http://www.elkkthunderstoyroom.com/2012 ... or-81.html

MintCondition - http://www.mintconditioncustom.com/2012 ... -1st-2012/

He-Man.Org (& Smaller He-Sites) - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sho ... -(8-1-2012)

Pengdragon - http://www.pendragonspost.com/2012/08/0 ... r-does-he/

ToyArk - http://www.toyark.com/news/toyark-spotl ... -1st-6247/

Last edited by NoisyDvL5 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ask Mattel for August 1st
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:42 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

... :?

So it is Matty's plan to release the remaining Batman Movie Masters figures about 3 months from now?!?

What exactly is the point of that?
The movie will already be gone from theatres and out of the public's consciousness.

Maybe to time out with the BluRay release?
Doubtful.

Poor planning on Mattel's part?
Yeah. That's what I figured too.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:46 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I have a feeling that the "3 months" time frame could mean one of two things... A) 3 months from the original street date or B) 3 months being the DVD release date.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:54 am 
shirtless hugger

What are the remaining Movie Masters figures? Is he talking about Blake and Ra's?

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

In about 3 months would be at the start of the holiday season, around November 1, and also right around when the DVD/Blu-Ray will be coming out. It sucks, but my Wal-Mart/Target are so full of Batmans and Banes, hopefully there will be room on the pegs for when Catwoman/Ras/Blake do hit retail.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 am 
serves the Otter

Blake is already in stores because I've found him. I thought Ras was too since he's all over Ebay. Didn't they both ship in the same assortment?

And Catwoman has already been out for weeks now. Saw her at TRU and Kmart more than once. She seems to be easier to find at Kmart though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:17 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

The only figures I've seen at retail locally are Batman, Bane, and the occasional Alfred.

The fact that the mixes are getting so spread out and so regionally disparate distribution has kept me out.

Even though I REALLY want that Batsignal, I'm not venturing anywhere near trying to get these figures.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 am 
shirtless hugger

Added Pendragon & ToyArk to the first post.

Pengdragon - http://www.pendragonspost.com/2012/08/0 ... r-does-he/

ToyArk - http://www.toyark.com/news/toyark-spotl ... -1st-6247/

Blake is out at Walmart already -> http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=19870

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Even though I REALLY want that Batsignal, I'm not venturing anywhere near trying to get these figures.

My wife has been picking on me because I've bought Catwoman, Alfred, Gordon, & Blake, but I still haven't grabbed Bane or Batman. After getting Blake last week, I'm probably ready, but I sure as heck wasn't picking up those two until I'd found the others.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 am 
We're going streaking!

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
My wife has been picking on me because I've bought Catwoman, Alfred, Gordon, & Blake, but I still haven't grabbed Bane or Batman. After getting Blake last week, I'm probably ready, but I sure as heck wasn't picking up those two until I'd found the others.

At this rate, you might want to wait for a sale (TRU has Buy One, Get One 50% Off); Batman and Bane will probably STILL be there, although Bane is in lesser numbers than Batmans around me. I am stuck waiting for Blake and Ra's since I picked up Alfred, Batman and Bane for $12.99 each at an earlier K-Mart sale. I still have the receipt, just in case, and I haven't opened any of them yet, but I like them enough at that price, so I will probably keep them all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Quote:
Q4. Why do you continue to insist that a toy line must either be for “Moms and Kids” OR for “Collectors”? Why can’t a toy line be for both simultaneously?

Your Competitors seem to understand how to create an action figure line that is desirable for both the “moms and kids” group AS WELL AS “collectors”.

It seems to me that your constant efforts to segment your market into groups ultimately cuts into the potential sales of each line causing (among other factors) premature line death (I’m looking at you Young Justice).

I hate the notion, that you have kinda-sorta alluded to in past QnA’s that retail will always be for the “moms and kids” audience ONLY and that as an Adult Collector I need to buy from Mattycollector.com ONLY.

A4. It can certainly be for both and we hope most lines are! But for a line to work at retail it needs to be aimed at kids first. Without kid and mom support it is very hard to keep a line at retail. Collectors are an “addition to” a retail line much as moms and kids are an addition to online.

Like typing to a brick wall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:20 am 
shirtless hugger

abuddah wrote:
Quote:
Q4. Why do you continue to insist that a toy line must either be for “Moms and Kids” OR for “Collectors”? Why can’t a toy line be for both simultaneously?

Your Competitors seem to understand how to create an action figure line that is desirable for both the “moms and kids” group AS WELL AS “collectors”.

It seems to me that your constant efforts to segment your market into groups ultimately cuts into the potential sales of each line causing (among other factors) premature line death (I’m looking at you Young Justice).

I hate the notion, that you have kinda-sorta alluded to in past QnA’s that retail will always be for the “moms and kids” audience ONLY and that as an Adult Collector I need to buy from Mattycollector.com ONLY.

A4. It can certainly be for both and we hope most lines are! But for a line to work at retail it needs to be aimed at kids first. Without kid and mom support it is very hard to keep a line at retail. Collectors are an “addition to” a retail line much as moms and kids are an addition to online.

Like typing to a brick wall

Really? I thought the answer made perfect sense.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:44 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Y'all are lucky, as I have never seen Catwoman at all at retail - my Target, 2 K-Marts, and 2 Wal-Marts all have nothing but Batman, Bane, and Alfred on the pegs. And lots of them all on the pegs. Hoping a sale soon to clear these out, so hopefully the last 3 show up sometime soon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:15 pm 
shirtless hugger

Azraelms wrote:
Y'all are lucky, as I have never seen Catwoman at all at retail

I know I've been lucky! I only saw my one Catwoman at TRU and one of my WMs got in the Gordon case and the Blake case, all the others are a sea of Batmen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:54 pm 
Resin

Who narc-ed on the Gleeks?!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:07 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

BeeDub wrote:
Who narc-ed on the Gleeks?!

That's hilarious!