Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Dredd 3D
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:37 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger pic!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:03 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Brand New Dredd 3D Banner

by SuperHeroHype

August 09, 2012

There has been no shortage of cool promotions from the Dredd 3D camp but this is the first one that hasn't focused on the man himself. Featured in this new banner from the Dredd 3D Facebook page is Olivia Thirlby who portrays Cassandra Anderson, the newest Judge for Mega City One.

The Pete Travis-directed action thriller that opens in 3D and 2D theaters on September 21. Alex Garland wrote the R-rated film, which stars Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby and Lena Headey. You can check it out beneath the official synopsis:

The future America is an irradiated waste land. On its East Coast, running from Boston to Washington DC, lies Mega City One- a vast, violent metropolis where criminals rule the chaotic streets. The only force of order lies with the urban cops called "Judges" who possess the combined powers of judge, jury and instant executioner. Known and feared throughout the city, Dredd (Urban) is the ultimate Judge, challenged with ridding the city of its latest scourge - a dangerous drug epidemic that has users of "Slo-Mo" experiencing reality at a fraction of its normal speed.

During a routine day on the job, Dredd is assigned to train and evaluate Cassandra Anderson (Thirlby), a rookie with powerful psychic abilities thanks to a genetic mutation. A heinous crime calls them to a neighborhood where fellow Judges rarely dare to venture- a 200 story vertical slum controlled by prostitute turned drug lord Ma-Ma (Headey) and her ruthless clan. When they capture one of the clan's inner circle, Ma-Ma overtakes the compound's control center and wages a dirty, vicious war against the Judges that proves she will stop at nothing to protect her empire. With the body count climbing and no way out, Dredd and Anderson must confront the odds and engage in the relentless battle for their survival.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:53 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Dredd Coming to Blu-ray and DVD on January 8

by SuperHeroHype

November 15, 2012

Lionsgate has officially announced that Dredd 3D is coming home on January 8. The film will be available on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD, Digital Download, and PPV. The press release says:

Adapted by Alex Garland from John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra’s legendary comic book and filmed in stunning 3-D, Dredd, explodes onto 3-D Blu-ray Disc (includes 3-D and standard version of the film plus Digital Copy and UV), DVD (includes Digital Copy and UV), Digital Download, On Demand and Pay-Per-View January 8 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Mixing pulse-pounding action with mesmerizing visual effects sequences, the post-apocalyptic thriller hailed by audiences and critics alike stars Karl Urban (Star Trek), Olivia Thirlby (Juno) and Lena Headey (HBO’s “Game Of Thrones”).

The Blu-ray and DVD will include this all new bonus content:

“Mega-City Masters”: 35 Years of Judge Dredd” featurette
“Day of Chaos: The Visual Effects of Dredd 3D” featurette
“Dredd” featurette
“Dredd’s Gear” featurette
“The 3rd Dimension” featurette
“Welcome to Peachtrees” featurette
Dredd Motion Comic Prequel

In the film, the future America is an irradiated wasteland. On its east coast, running from Boston to Washington D.C., lies Mega City One – a vast, violent metropolis where criminals rule the chaotic streets. The only force of order lies with the urban cops called “Judges” who possess the combined powers of judge, jury and instant executioner. Known and feared throughout the city, Dredd (Urban) is the ultimate Judge, challenged with ridding the city of its latest scourge, a dangerous drug called “Slo-Mo,” and the sadistic crime boss Ma-Ma (Headey) who is using it to take over the city.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:09 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Trailer for the Dredd Blu-ray

by SuperHeroHype

December 19, 2012

This summer's Dredd will be available on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD, Digital Download, and PPV on January 8 and we've got the first trailer for the Blu-ray for you. You can check it out below. Also, don't forget to take a look at all the special features included by clicking here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Dredd DVD and Blu-ray Top Sales Charts

by SuperHeroHype

January 22, 2013

Though the title may not last very long, Lionsgate has announced that the Dredd DVD and Blu-ray have topped the sales charts and the film is officially the best-seling new release of 2013. Over 650,000 units were sold of the film with Blu-rays accounting for half of those sales. It was also the most downloaded film last week. Dredd is available now on DVD, Blu-ray, POV, and Digital Download.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 am 
Daniel Pickett

I just saw this tonight. I had heard really good things about it but had really low expectations. It was REALLY good. I was pleasantly surprised. Well worth checking out. And the Mrs. really liked it too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:13 am 
5" Scale

I'll be checking it out once it lands in my mail box. Decided to rent it through Netflix and not blind buy it. Now you say you like it Julius. Do you think it has replay value? That's honestly what I try to add to my BD collection. I got a little nutty when it came to DVD and don't want to buy anything I'm not going to watch multiple times.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 pm 
Mint on Card

I really enjoyed this movie. During the week of it's release I went to 3 Best Buys and they were all sold out of the blu-ray. Went to Target that Friday and it was sold out there too.

I'll probably pick it up on Amazon soon.

I rented it at Redbox and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.