Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC All Stars/Wave 21 in at BBTS
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 pm 
Brand Manager

Not for naught, but these figures seem to be running on a different scale than DCUC. Some of you might not be happy with a Robin and/or Superboy that are taller than their respective mentors.

Just thought I'd mention it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:37 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

red Ricky wrote:
Not for naught, but these figures seem to be running on a different scale than DCUC. Some of you might not be happy with a Robin and/or Superboy that are taller than their respective mentors.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Just looked at the sneak peak for both of these on the front page and I see what your saying. The buck used for Robin is wrong, they used an adult buck but on the card back the bio states that this is meant to be Tim Drake, so it should've been on the LOSH buck. And the face sculpt looks adult too, not a young face.

And SuperBOY prime is bigger than SuperMAN, which makes no sense.

I love the 4H work, but as comic fans themselves how could they ever think this is correct?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Couldn't his armor be a reason for being bigger? I recall him looming over characters in Infinite Crisis when he returned in the Anti Monitor Armor. I could be wrong though, that was over seven years ago. At least Superboy has a quasi excuse what's Robin's though? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:56 pm 
We're going streaking!

You can pretend Red Robin is actually Kingdom Come Red Robin, I guess. Seeing Superboy Prime makes me even more relieved that I skipped him (I lothe him and Red Hood Jason Todd).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:51 pm 
Aspires to be #1

TRDouble wrote:
You can pretend Red Robin is actually Kingdom Come Red Robin, I guess. Seeing Superboy Prime makes me even more relieved that I skipped him (I lothe him and Red Hood Jason Todd).

That's what Red Robin it is as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:55 pm 
shirtless hugger

any idea when these will hit retail, and which retailers will actually be carrying them?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:56 pm 
An Insider

j1h15233 wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

Me, too. Definitely not Tim.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:59 pm 
Brand Manager

j1h15233 wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

Just a thought, but you guys my want to consider pretending he is an Arkham City figure.

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=80733

Last edited by red Ricky on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:26 pm 
Aspires to be #1

The height doesn't bother me that much. I rarely put my figures that close together anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 am 
5" Scale

JediJones wrote:
I'm not even sure where these are going to be carried. No slots for these in Target's reset. And with it being a one-off wave that is being replaced by the new Unlimited series, it could end up being an internet exclusive. Only major retailer I would bet they might show up at is TRU.

Donster, if you need a set of wave 20, I have an unopened set I could sell you for $15 each with free shipping.

Sent you a pm buddy and thanks. So how does RR fit in with the rest of the older DCU line? I've got to be honest, less than impressed with this figure for some reason :|

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 am 
An Insider

I'm prepared to squint my way past Superboy Prime's height. Between the armor and his past age fluctuations, there's enough plausible deniability to pretend it doesn't suck.

But Red Robin is just ridiculous. I don't know who he'd look worse next to: Batman, Kon-El, or DC Direct's Damian.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 am 
categorically opposed

Looks like that piece they put in for the belt and tunic went horribly wrong and made him huge. I could forgive the usage of the adult buck if not for that.

Too bad I forgot to cancel my preorder for him because he's in my Pile of Loot right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:54 am 
declined to be a vampire

TRDouble wrote:

AGHH!! I WANT A RED HOOD JASON TODD FIGURE THE MOST!

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 am 
We're going streaking!

Bunger43 wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

AGHH!! I WANT A RED HOOD JASON TODD FIGURE THE MOST!

LOL! You are probably not the only one. He seems to be a popular character. When I read the poll post that Superfly updated, I was shocked to see how high some of the two rainbow lanterns we are getting in 2013 ranked. It's hard to complain we we are getting figures that apparently people want. I'll still complain, but it's just harder :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 pm 
declined to be a vampire

TRDouble wrote:
LOL! You are probably not the only one. He seems to be a popular character. When I read the poll post that Superfly updated, I was shocked to see how high some of the two rainbow lanterns we are getting in 2013 ranked. It's hard to complain we we are getting figures that apparently people want. I'll still complain, but it's just harder :P

LOL...I've got a short list of characters I really want.

1. Jason Todd Red Hood (This really brought me back into Batman comics...the Hush Storyline, which I felt would evolve into Todd coming back).

2. Correct Height Doomsday

That's all I want.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next