Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Are you subscribing to the 2013 DC Club Infinite Earths?
Yes, and I've already signed up 44%  44%  [ 33 ]
Yes, but I haven't signed up yet 20%  20%  [ 15 ]
No, even though I signed up last year, I will not be renewing this year 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
No, I have never subscribed and won't this year 27%  27%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 75
 Post subject: Re: 2013 DC Club Infinite Earths: In or Out?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:11 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Van Statten wrote:
:roll: you're so droll j1h15233. Besides the Vertigo books are probably a bit beyond you. That's okay though, they have DC Adventures for you.

The only DC Comics I read are the DC Adventures ones. Is there something wrong with them I'm not aware of?

:?

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:30 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Well, it is the kid line.

I do get the Young Justice book, however.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:48 pm 
Resin

So, do you think the DCIE is actually going to get the pre-orders it needs, or will Matty come up with a different plan, like offer a figure every 2 months instead of 1 a month? Will they scrap it all together? What do you guys think will happen if Mattel does not get the numbers it's looking for to go forward with this line?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:51 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Derby wrote:
So, do you think the DCIE is actually going to get the pre-orders it needs, or will Matty come up with a different plan, like offer a figure every 2 months instead of 1 a month? Will they scrap it all together? What do you guys think will happen if Mattel does not get the numbers it's looking for to go forward with this line?

I confident this will go through this year. Or at the least turn into a 6 figure subscription.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:55 pm 
Damage Control

Derby wrote:

I think Mattel will scrap the line.
They need a certain amount of orders just to turn the machines on. It would not be worth it to Mattel or collectors.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:34 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I apologize as well. Let's all call a truce.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Well, we should know one way or the other by Tuesday.

Unless Matty keeps us in limbo for awhile. :|

But it doesn't look good, that's for sure.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:20 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

What percentage did the sign-ups end at last year? Wasn't it 60 something?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:28 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Fone Bone wrote:
Van Statten wrote:
:roll: you're so droll j1h15233. Besides the Vertigo books are probably a bit beyond you. That's okay though, they have DC Adventures for you.

The only DC Comics I read are the DC Adventures ones. Is there something wrong with them I'm not aware of?

:?

Im with you-- at least now with the new 52-- I have around 3 long boxes full of them (and not a single issue of vertigo-- I tried reading a couple and never got the reason they are popular (but I am the same with Watchmen as well)

Between B:TAS, S:TAS, Batman & Robin Adventures, Batman Adventures Gotham Adventures, JLU, Justice League Adventures, Adventures in the DCAU, Batman Beyond,Teen Titans Go, Batman Strikes, Batman Brave and the Bold, Tiny Titans, Young Justice-- I would contend many of those stories (and artwork) are better than some of the other crap the "adults" read- I mean they even have to convert stories written in the Animated series like Mad Love- over to regular "adult" comics... --

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 am 
5" Scale

OK, can we knock it off with the pissing contest? I went back to what I missed over the weekend and all I saw was some pointless bickering on both sides. Back on topic. I've thrown my hat in there, but I have to wonder if there are enough of us left for the line to go through. We have quite a bit of members here, but the sub is looking more like a talk the talk and not enough walk the walk to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 am 
Aspires to be #1

The_Donster wrote:
OK, can we knock it off with the pissing contest? I went back to what I missed over the weekend and all I saw was some pointless bickering on both sides. Back on topic. I've thrown my hat in there, but I have to wonder if there are enough of us left for the line to go through. We have quite a bit of members here, but the sub is looking more like a talk the talk and not enough walk the walk to me.

That's ALWAYS the case here. One of the biggest reasons that JLU failed online is that so many collectors decided they would talk up how many sets they would buy and then wouldn't buy a thing, or would wait for a super sale and by that point the sets were considered a failure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

stewbacca wrote:
Im with you-- at least now with the new 52-- I have around 3 long boxes full of them (and not a single issue of vertigo-- I tried reading a couple and never got the reason they are popular (but I am the same with Watchmen as well)

Between B:TAS, S:TAS, Batman & Robin Adventures, Batman Adventures Gotham Adventures, JLU, Justice League Adventures, Adventures in the DCAU, Batman Beyond,Teen Titans Go, Batman Strikes, Batman Brave and the Bold, Tiny Titans, Young Justice-- I would contend many of those stories (and artwork) are better than some of the other crap the "adults" read- I mean they even have to convert stories written in the Animated series like Mad Love- over to regular "adult" comics... --

Agreed. I was mistaken before and I HAVE been reading two "adult" DC titles (Batman Beyond Unlimited and Smallville Season 11) and they both suck. BBU is especially disappointing because it is based on Batman Beyond and JLU. I can't believe
Spoiler: show
they resolved the Hawgirl/GL/Vixen triangle but bloodliy killing off Vixen. Dwayne McDuffie never would have done that and it is another example of DC killing off their characters of color for plot convienience. It's sickening.

But mostly I just read the kiddie stuff. The other titles are SO trying to suck up to aging fanboys by being "adult" that they forget to be fun to read.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:23 am 
shirtless hugger

The meter as of now:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:48 am 
Aspires to be #1

Ham Salad wrote:
The meter as of now:

I hope 15% or more have all waited until today to sign up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:00 am 
Resin

I will be signing up for DCIE and Watchmen tonight. Looking at the thermometer, I should be worried about the sub going through, but I find that I am just disappointed we didn't get to the new tooling in 2014 mark. Especially with all of the "I'm not signing up w/out Doomsday and/or Granny Goodness" whining going on over at The Fwoosh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next