Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Are you subscribing to the 2013 DC Club Infinite Earths?
Yes, and I've already signed up 44%  44%  [ 33 ]
Yes, but I haven't signed up yet 20%  20%  [ 15 ]
No, even though I signed up last year, I will not be renewing this year 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
No, I have never subscribed and won't this year 27%  27%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 75
 Post subject: Re: 2013 DC Club Infinite Earths: In or Out?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 am 
Aspires to be #1

BertDert wrote:
I will be signing up for DCIE and Watchmen tonight. Looking at the thermometer, I should be worried about the sub going through, but I find that I am just disappointed we didn't get to the new tooling in 2014 mark. Especially with all of the "I'm not signing up w/out Doomsday and/or Granny Goodness" whining going on over at The Fwoosh.

It's funny that they have to sign up to get figures like that but they aren't signing up because they aren't getting figures like that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:34 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

kinda what you call "irony" isn't it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:04 am 
Cold-cast

I just wish Mattel had made a few late reveals like they did with Poison Ivy for last year's sub.

I was on the fence for the first couple of weeks before finally signing up, but if they had told me that we were getting just one or two more highly demanded characters, it would have made my decision a lot easier. Finding out that we were definitely getting the Huntress or Ra's al Ghul or Mera or the Shade would have eliminated my hesitation pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 am 
shirtless hugger

That's the thing, though, isn't it? "I would've signed up if they'd shown _______." is what everyone who didn't sign up says, and everyone's '_______' is different.

For me, those _______s are Elongated Man and Wally West Flash. If they had shown one of those two, I would've signed up. The fact that they showed both made it an easy sell for me.

But that's just me. I know not everyone saw what they wanted to see, be it Mera, Huntress, or even one female character at all. I couldn't tell you why they didn't show any females, but they have said that we'll be getting some in the second half of the year, so that's something.

The fact of the matter, at this point, is that if you want Mera, Huntress, or any other female characters that might/are planned to come out in the second half of the year, you need to buy a sub to ensure that that can happen.

And for the record, if they'd shown Ambush Bug, I would've bought five subs. :-D

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:51 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

It's sad to me, because like I said before, I didn't get any of my highly demanded characters. Not one. But I still signed up. I have enough love for DC as a whole that I don't need Mattel to bend to my whims. Would it have been nice? Eff yeah. Doesn't look like it's gonna matter though. I'm just waiting for my refund at this point...

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:00 pm 
shirtless hugger

And as if to prove that I'm not a phony, I went ahead and ordered another subscription, in the hopes that doing so might one day lead to a figure of Ambush Bug (with Cheeks, the Toy Wonder).

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm 
5" Scale

j1h15233 wrote:
The_Donster wrote:
Spoiler: show
OK, can we knock it off with the pissing contest? I went back to what I missed over the weekend and all I saw was some pointless bickering on both sides.
Back on topic. I've thrown my hat in there, but I have to wonder if there are enough of us left for the line to go through. We have quite a bit of members here, but the sub is looking more like a talk the talk and not enough walk the walk to me.

That's ALWAYS the case here. One of the biggest reasons that JLU failed online is that so many collectors decided they would talk up how many sets they would buy and then wouldn't buy a thing, or would wait for a super sale and by that point the sets were considered a failure.

Well for me that line died and went over to the Matty site at the worst time. If I remember correctly my now 3 year old was either on the way or I was officially a stay at home dad. So about this time I started being a little more select on where my collecting dollars were going. Of course the bump in cost didn't help things. Still, I get where you are coming from.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:36 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Ham Salad wrote:
The meter as of now:

Hey they updated the thermometer for the 2nd time today
ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:27 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Doesn't look like we'll make it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 pm 
Cold-cast

Fone Bone wrote:
Van Statten wrote:
:roll: you're so droll j1h15233. Besides the Vertigo books are probably a bit beyond you. That's okay though, they have DC Adventures for you.

The only DC Comics I read are the DC Adventures ones. Is there something wrong with them I'm not aware of?

:?

Yes. Yes there is. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 pm 
serves the Otter

It's at 77% now. Still not close enough, but an impressive jump. I think they were holding back on reporting the numbers until the last minute. Hopefully they are still holding back a few more...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:21 pm 
Resin

shabbyblue wrote:
It's at 77% now. Still not close enough, but an impressive jump. I think they were holding back on reporting the numbers until the last minute. Hopefully they are still holding back a few more...

I'm sure they are. Reporting that you're almost at the goal inspires sales. Specifically, multiple sub purchases.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:36 pm 
Aspires to be #1

BertDert wrote:
shabbyblue wrote:

I'm sure they are. Reporting that you're almost at the goal inspires sales. Specifically, multiple sub purchases.

They aren't getting more than one from me this year. They've given me zero reason to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:48 pm 
serves the Otter

j1h15233 wrote:
They aren't getting more than one from me this year. They've given me zero reason to do so.

Yes yes... we're all aware of your opinion on the matter. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:10 pm 
Resin

Well I just ordered my DCIE and watchmen subs. Maybe. I had my correct address but old zip code entered. Order went through and I got a confirmation email. I called DR and they updated my shipping zip but couldn't change the billing zip but they said it wouldn't affect the order. But I wouldn't be surprised to find out tomorrow after the deadline that they couldn't process it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next