Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Thank You for Taking My Toys...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:44 pm 
Resin

Krypton1976 wrote:
I was talking shop one day with this co-worker and he just looked at the maquette asked me how much it was worth. It's a DC animation maquette of Superman from the Warner Bros animated show. I'd seen them go for a little bit of money on eBay so I just played dumb and said it was worth $50. For some unknown reason, he looked it up on EBay there at the office and saw a couple of them going for about $500 at the time. So he came back and shouted it to the whole office. I guess it was one of those "hey, you've got worth more than you think" things on my co-workers part, and he's got a big mouth. I don't think it was done with any bad intention. Anyway, so then my other co-workers in the office kept asking me "why don't you sell it?" "if it were mine, I'd sell it." it made me feel uncomfortable & I took it home that night.

What may have started off as innocent could have changed once he yelled out to everyone the Maquette is worth so much. Have to love the look of the animated series. Although I would never put a statue on my desk. I'm just too paranoid that someone would steal it, or break it accidentally. So I usually just have a Batman figure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 pm 
Resin

The_Donster wrote:
:lol: Is this the one Krypton? I went to go get a picture and yours popped up :lol: I have this one, Batman(Which was the bear), Robin and Wonder Woman. I'd like to get the Batmobile, Harley and Joker, but not sure if I'll ever get them. I had the Batman Beyond one, but ended up selling it. I didn't dig the action pose. Unlike Joker, it just doesn't work.

I wasn't buying many of the Maquettes, but I was purchasing all the Animated series action statues. The girls are my favorite, Batgirl, Supergirl, Zatanna, Harley, & Ivy. The only one that eluded me to this day is that damn Catwoman sitting on the safe dangling the diamond. I think she came out before I started collecting them & must have had a smaller production run. I can find them on ebay, bot for $200 or more. Don't really want to spend that much on it, in this economy right now.

I can't believe I missed this one for $50 with free shipping.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Catwoman-Animat ... 27c99599f5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:15 am 
Aspires to be #1

For the first time this year I had decided I would put some stuff on my desk (I have the main 7 from JLU in paperweight form) but now I'm reconsidering again. They aren't really expensive but I don't want any of them walking off either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 am 
Santos L. Halper

The_Donster wrote:
:lol: Is this the one Krypton? I went to go get a picture and yours popped up :lol: I have this one, Batman(Which was the bear), Robin and Wonder Woman. I'd like to get the Batmobile, Harley and Joker, but not sure if I'll ever get them. I had the Batman Beyond one, but ended up selling it. I didn't dig the action pose. Unlike Joker, it just doesn't work.

No, that one I've always kept at home. It's was this one: