Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:07 am 
User avatar
declined to be a vampire
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 am
Posts: 2449
I'm glad sub went through for you guys.


I think it's considerably bush league that they don't update the thermometer more often. Did they really get all that space in the matter of 24 hours?

I'm guessing no.

_________________
I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:39 am 
User avatar
Resin
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 397
joeace wrote:
BertDert wrote:

I'm guessing we will anyway. I mean, from here on out, the DCU 6" line will be subscription based, no?


NO, in 2013 we will have DC Unlimited and Batman Unlimited 6" figures at retail.

DC Unlimited (wave 1)
Superman
Flash
Hawkman

Batman Unlimited (wave 1)
Batman
Batgirl
Penguin


I know. I just meant that since the 2013 sub went through, we will certainly have to do the thermometer thing again next year for 2014, and every year after as long as the minimum is reached. Poor wording on my part...


Last edited by BertDert on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 am 
User avatar
Resin
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 397
joeace wrote:

I want a Fire and Ice (2-pack) as one of the quarterly oversized packages.


We aren't getting any quarterly oversized figures. We'll probably have to reach the level 2 new tooling minimum for 2014 to see those in 2015!!! Yikes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:57 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 104
Fantastic news - thanks to everyone who bought a sub. I owe all of you a drink for ensuring I'm FINALLY going to get Monsieur Mallah and The Brain figures. Kind of crazy to think I'll actually be holding these soon. But good crazy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12557
Location: College Station, TX
BertDert wrote:
joeace wrote:

I want a Fire and Ice (2-pack) as one of the quarterly oversized packages.


We aren't getting any quarterly oversized figures. We'll probably have to reach the level 2 new tooling minimum for 2014 to see those in 2015!!! Yikes.


Yea, only 12 single figures next year, no oversized ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:15 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1372
j1h15233 wrote:

Yea, only 12 single figures next year, no oversized ones.


Isn't the monkey with the Brain considered "oversized"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:18 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12557
Location: College Station, TX
Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Yea, only 12 single figures next year, no oversized ones.


Isn't the monkey with the Brain considered "oversized"


Well yea, but that's the club exclusive, not a quarterly oversized like we got this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:35 am 
User avatar
An Insider
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1000
Location: Ocean County, NJ
A Fire and Ice (2-pack) is an Oversized PACKAGE not an Oversized FIGURE.

If Matty wants to continue to offer a special Oversized Package each quarter, they can do 2-packs of figures that belong together.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:46 am 
active in the community
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:59 pm
Posts: 96
i still wish every sub came with voting rights for which figures get made every year. mattel could put out a list of fifty or so that would all cost roughly the same to produce and let sub holders vote. i doubt we would have seen half the figures we have for 2012.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 am 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:14 pm
Posts: 1281
Location: Dayton, OH
joeace wrote:
A Fire and Ice (2-pack) is an Oversized PACKAGE not an Oversized FIGURE.

If Matty wants to continue to offer a special Oversized Package each quarter, they can do 2-packs of figures that belong together.


They tried two-packs before, and aside from the Sinestro Corps pack I seem to recall that none of them did very well. Fire & Ice would probably sell better than Ultraman & Lex Luthor, sure, but it might be a hard sell for Mattel management.

_________________
Joe G.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:44 pm 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1235
I think it might be in Mattel's interest to look into an outside-the-sub 2pk IF, and only IF, the number of people they have subscribed is greater or near to how many of those 2pks they wanted to sell a few years back. Those 2009 2pks were just one more exclusive to pick up at one more site back when, now they'd be some additional "Early Access" stuff to sell alongside the guaranteed subscription (which includes a bunch of e-mails to contact buyer's directly, something they didn't have before).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:56 pm 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
NoisyDvL5 wrote:
I think it might be in Mattel's interest to look into an outside-the-sub 2pk IF, and only IF, the number of people they have subscribed is greater or near to how many of those 2pks they wanted to sell a few years back. Those 2009 2pks were just one more exclusive to pick up at one more site back when, now they'd be some additional "Early Access" stuff to sell alongside the guaranteed subscription (which includes a bunch of e-mails to contact buyer's directly, something they didn't have before).

And the blurbs about "Early Access" have mentioned surprises throughout the year, so it's quite possible that they do have really easy and cheap two-packs or the like that are outside of the sub planned.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:58 am 
active in the community
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:59 pm
Posts: 96
MoMoney wrote:
NoisyDvL5 wrote:
I think it might be in Mattel's interest to look into an outside-the-sub 2pk IF, and only IF, the number of people they have subscribed is greater or near to how many of those 2pks they wanted to sell a few years back. Those 2009 2pks were just one more exclusive to pick up at one more site back when, now they'd be some additional "Early Access" stuff to sell alongside the guaranteed subscription (which includes a bunch of e-mails to contact buyer's directly, something they didn't have before).

And the blurbs about "Early Access" have mentioned surprises throughout the year, so it's quite possible that they do have really easy and cheap two-packs or the like that are outside of the sub planned.

i hope so. the only surprises i heard about had to do with MOTU. dc seemed an afterthought in all those official matty youtube pleas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:54 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3089
Congrats to you DC guys! I am happy for you :) I truly hope that no matter what, Matty winds up exploring and producing new tooled parts/accessories for the 2013 DC Sub, even if the meter didn't get that high to warrant it. DC fans deserve the best, IMHO. Even if they are subjected to that New 52 nonsense, they deserve the best.

_________________
'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:31 am 
User avatar
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8575
Location: Rochester, NY
We'll get newly tool'd parts and accessories no matter what.

What we won't be getting is a 100% new tool figure.

So, that puts Granny Goodness on the "no" list ... at least as used as an example by Matty in the past.

It's mostly going to be new heads/hands, but every now and then we'll get something new and fun in the mix as well.

_________________
"It's not perfect, but I'm kinda excited to have 'em" - Jason Lenzi.

Couldn't have said it better myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.069s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]