Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: DCUC Club IE 2013 Subscription - WE MADE IT!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:04 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
man ... the amount of Aquanet dispersed into the air in the hallway of my high school alone had to have put a hole in the ozone layer the size of Delaware...

Agreed & that was just from the guys using it.....lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:18 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

My life's been going so poorly lately that I've honestly been afraid to find out if the DC subscription made it. I had one more piece of horrible news today and decided I might as well try to find out one way or the other since I didn't think I could feel much lower than I do.

VERY pleased to see that the subscription has succeeded.

What I don't get is all the apparent dislike for Larfleeze and Saint Walker! They're two of the figures that I'm most anticipating.

Seriously, if anybody doesn't want theirs, I don't mind having spares, although unless I can get a job in he very near future, it's not going to make much difference.

I urgently need work: Experienced writer/photographer/typist/data entry, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I think some of the heat over the GL figures is DC Direct already did them and Atrocitus. Much better by some account and I have to agree judging by what I've seen online. So for me, it is a waste of a slot. Neither one of these figures was something I was begging for. The sub is meant to showcase figures they couldn't release at retail. Now I realize that this is my opinion, but releasing these two in the sub is like throwing in one of the new 52 characters :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 am 
shirtless hugger

Personally I just don't care for the Skittles Lanterns. The Green Lantern Corps is awesome. The Sinestro Corps is acceptable, and probably a cool idea. Eight more corps just dilutes the whole thing to the point of stupidity.

Just my opinion.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:46 am 
Aspires to be #1

Joe G. wrote:
Personally I just don't care for the Skittles Lanterns. The Green Lantern Corps is awesome. The Sinestro Corps is acceptable, and probably a cool idea. Eight more corps just dilutes the whole thing to the point of stupidity.

Just my opinion.

I'm a fan. I could have done without black and white and sapphire doesn't do a thing but the others are cool.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Joe G. wrote:

Just my opinion.

Quite true but they exist... much like the New 52, it has to be accepted. What I would have liked to have seen was... the other leaders... Like Lafleeze and his Glomulus construct. Indigo-1, Saint Walker, Atroticus... The ones who matter.
We already have Sinestro, Carol Ferris and Black Hand.

And I don't understand why we didn't see a Sinestro as a White Lantern over say... Flash? Since Sinestro was the first one to become a White Lantern if I remember correctly.

I'm not a fan of the other colors either but wouldn't have minded those characters THEN instead of now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:29 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Van Statten wrote:
And I don't understand why we didn't see a Sinestro as a White Lantern over say... Flash? Since Sinestro was the first one to become a White Lantern if I remember correctly.

Or a new version of Deadman. I bought the DCD one, but it sure would've been nice to have a Mattel one (along with Mera) to go with my collection...

(BTW, what has become of Boston in the DCnU?...)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:34 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Boston Brand is Deadman... he's hanging in Justice League Dark... and was dealing with his relationship with Dove by the start of things... once again... almost as if nothing missed a beat for him...