Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Batman Unlimited Wave 1
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:48 am 
shirtless hugger

I like the me Wonder Woman, but I don't love her. I wish they had gone more with Chaing's art that Jim Lee's as the reference for the sculpt. There are subtle differences. I like TDKR sculpt, but is his head too big? Something looks off... The game and neon godforsaken Morrison Batman are definite passes for me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:34 am 
Loose, Missing Package

MoMoney wrote:
I dunno, Jim - those legs and arms definitely look like they belong to the MOTUC line.

The torso is either totally different or heavily modified, though.

I think it may have more to do with the Horsemen's style than anything else, remember how we all though that Gygor was being made from Grodd?... Of course that is a Horseman paint master so they could be using MOTUC castings as a starter for that figure, too... Need to see better pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:53 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

All those Batmen (especially that fugly rainbow nightmare version) . . . PASS!!!

Wonder Woman? Maybe. I'll have to see her in person.

Man, if this is what we have to look forward to in retail, I thank the Toy Gods most profusely that the DCUC sub went through. :shock:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 am 
MINT!

Van Statten wrote:
I wonder if the comic Penguin is the Super Powers colored one?

hmmm....

not sure if that is the actual retail price....but i did read an article last week that they will be costing more. i think it said suggested retail 19.99 to 24.99 but don't hold me to that.

http://www.amazon.com/Penguin-Classic-Universe-Unlimited-preOrder/dp/B008LGSGRY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344776307&sr=8-1&keywords=dc+universe+classics+batman+new+52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:28 am 
Variant Head

I bet we get a Batzarro soon which I personally would not mind. Its a fun figure and I am sure would appeal to kids but I would love to see some non Batmans in the line....I mean where is our Scarecrow made from parts of the SC Scarecrow from wave 17? Also Mad Hatter would be welcome and for crying out loud will we ever get a proper Tim Drake ? Would not mind seeing the Bat signal Batman released under this line I mean that was a nice figure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:55 am 

I would get a Batzarro. I always liked his design.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:37 am 
Aspires to be #1

Shellhead wrote:
All those Batmen (especially that fugly rainbow nightmare version) . . . PASS!!!

Wonder Woman? Maybe. I'll have to see her in person.

Man, if this is what we have to look forward to in retail, I thank the Toy Gods most profusely that the DCUC sub went through. :shock:

I'm not sold on that Wonder Woman either but I did pre order it. I think I'll build a New 52 main 7 and be done with those looks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 am 

I'm not sure I'll even go that far. Cyborg and Aquaman, naturally. Wondy and Flash, probably. Batman? Maybe. Superman? Probably not. GL? Nope.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:56 pm 
serves the Otter

Considering that we're now getting TWO versions of Bat-Mite (first one as a Kmart exclusive last year, and now this 2nd one with a new headsculpt), how much longer must we wait for a Superman release with a Mr. Mxyptlk pack-in? Are they still planning to do a DCUC style "Superman Unlimited" retail line next year in conjunction with the Man of Steel movie as they are doing with this "Batman Unlimited" line? Hopefully that's when we'll finally get the bright blue Super Powers repaint of Superman, along with Mxy and business suit Lex and other Superman-related figures still on our wishlists.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:15 pm 
shirtless hugger

4H confirmed on Twitter that the Dark Knight Returns Batman does re-use some MOTUC parts: http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=20216

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:57 pm 
Variant Head

A DKR Superman would be awesome. Of course I would be recreating one of the greates comic battles ever in a daily basis :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:45 am 
Brand Manager

Ghost06 wrote:
Ugh! I had the exact same thought about Lead! As excited as I am to have the Metal Men, I'm a little sad his scale is so jacked up!

My tru is pricing marvel legends at $22.99, so $18.99 seems like a bargain! ;)

My Target is pricing Marvel Legends at $14.99, so getting Ghost Rider (as a stand in for Atomic Skull) and Thor (who's as big as a C&C figure) seemed like a bargain!

Anyways... If I can find the new Batmite for around $15.99, I'll take it on the spot. Otherwise, I'll bide my time. Sorry. No disrespect. But if these lines are primarily geared towards kids, parents & grandparents... and we can expect a Rainbow colored Batman for every occasion... then I feel it's okay for me to pick & choose; and/or wait for a better deal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:10 am 
Variant Head

As long as I remeber these preorders at BBTS (of course I already preordered my DKR Batman :mrgreen: ) are always priced up. o, I don´t think that will be the price at reatil.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 am 
5" Scale

Magog wrote:
As long as I remeber these preorders at BBTS (of course I already preordered my DKR Batman :mrgreen: ) are always priced up. o, I don´t think that will be the price at reatil.

most the time they are a $1 more give or take, but you dont pay tax normally, so its really just the shipping, which if you use the loot function its a really good deal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:07 pm 
Resin

Just thought I should let any Impulse Creations people know that the Unlimited lines (as well as the Wave 21) All Stars are available in the reserve system (as per my request :wink: ).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next