Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Dark Knight 4 inch figures future waves?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:04 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I remember when Batman Returns came out... :lol: All those different Batman types it was just like this Power Attack Batman line now.

However these tiny Batman figures... I want to know where they did sell? I've been all over and they just peg warm, they're the fullest pegs in the toy aisle. That and those stupid 4" figures with armor, God! I know they weren't for our target group but even the target group who they were aiming for seems not to want them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I think as a 3.75 inch fan Mattel has done an absolutely horrible job with the DC license. DCUC was great for people who actually wanted to find the figures and willing to do some searching online but for the casual fan and kids they were impossible to find and way too expensive.

Hasbro hasn't been perfect but Marvel Universe is a fantastic toy line especially when you take all of the movie figures in to consideration. I don't think that Mattel is capable of producing a line half as good as Marvel Universe in the 3.75 inch scale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
DCUC was great for people who actually wanted to find the figures and willing to do some searching online but for the casual fan and kids they were impossible to find and way too expensive.

This is so true! At least for me. My kid was into DCUC years before I was. He started with the Kilowog wave. His first figure was John Stewart with the gun and fist. We had a hard time with the rest of those and with Darksied. looking for figures on Amazon was also expensive at the time. We hardly ever found anything at retail.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:10 am 
Cold-cast

Wildcard wrote:
I'm happy with the figures we've gotten from Mattel as well. Are they perfect? Not at all. But even Marvel collectors have their gripes about Hasbro. I also know that I am not the target market for these smaller Batman figures. Collectors will always complain about one thing or another. I'm guessing you're not old enough to be around when Hasbro had the Batman license. They were worse at treating the property than Mattel is now.

I still have my BTAS figures from when I was a kid. Guess what? They are still standing after all these years, each figure is molded differently & the paint is applied properly. Unlike my JLU figures that are made out of such a cheap plastic that they fall over if not displayed in the refrigerator! :lol: Plus they used the same bucks, & just painted the details for new characters. With cheap paint that if the figures are stored in a box together the paint basically melts on each other.

Besides the 90's was a different era in toy production. I'm just comparing because you brought it up. If Hasbro had the DC license now they would definitely do things differently than the 90's. The Marvel collectors gripes aren't as significant as JLU collectors now. Mattel has done a decent job with the 6 inch DCUC line. For $20 a figure, they better do a decent job with it. Although I heard points being brought up about poor distribution of entire series with that also.

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
I think as a 3.75 inch fan Mattel has done an absolutely horrible job with the DC license. DCUC was great for people who actually wanted to find the figures and willing to do some searching online but for the casual fan and kids they were impossible to find and way too expensive.

Hasbro hasn't been perfect but Marvel Universe is a fantastic toy line especially when you take all of the movie figures in to consideration. I don't think that Mattel is capable of producing a line half as good as Marvel Universe in the 3.75 inch scale

I agree, Mattel will never make a 3.75 inch line that is half as good as Hasbro has done with Marvel universe. Mattel is terrible with any line smaller then 6 inch. Aren't the Marvel figures still $6.99 to $7.99 depending on where you buy them. Mattel's $9.99 price tag, cheap plastic, & poor sculpting designs make them even fail more here.

Van Statten wrote:
However these tiny Batman figures... I want to know where they did sell? I've been all over and they just peg warm, they're the fullest pegs in the toy aisle. That and those stupid 4" figures with armor, God! I know they weren't for our target group but even the target group who they were aiming for seems not to want them.

I see the same stock sitting on the shelves. There is actually dust collecting on the packaging of those armor figures at a Walmart I shop at. So it's not like the toys are selling & they restock. When I first saw them, I thought to myself " Wow, what a stupid concept, but they designed for kids & they might like that armor feature. " Obviously not because those things aren't moving at all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:11 am 
Displays Backwards

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:

I hate when Mattel tells us the 6 inch figures are for collectors and the 3.75 figures are for kids. I prefer the little figures to the big guys - I know there are others here who do as well - and when they keep telling us that dopey line it drives me crazy. Crappy little figures or pain in the ass to find 6 inch build a figures - how about I just buy neither of them from you, Mattel?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:04 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Clayface wrote:
I agree, Mattel will never make a 3.75 inch line that is half as good as Hasbro has done with Marvel universe. Mattel is terrible with any line smaller then 6 inch. Aren't the Marvel figures still $6.99 to $7.99 depending on where you buy them. Mattel's $9.99 price tag, cheap plastic, & poor sculpting designs make them even fail more here.
Unfortunately, MU is regularly going for $10/fig these days. A "sale" is $8.99 each. Still, petroleum, inflation, etc. ARE legitimate concerns, but MU still has >6 POAs, too.

Clayface wrote:
I see the same [DKR 4"] stock sitting on the shelves. There is actually dust collecting on the packaging of those armor figures at a Walmart I shop at. So it's not like the toys are selling & they restock. When I first saw them, I thought to myself " Wow, what a stupid concept, but they designed for kids & they might like that armor feature. " Obviously not because those things aren't moving at all.
Even kids have standards.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:14 pm 
Collector Inspector

Some one on another board is reporting that TRU has another new exclusive...

"exclusive box set of 4" Batman & Bane with a batpod, camo tumbler and a bank vault playset... $57.99."

Anybody seen this? Have any pics of it?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:00 pm 
serves the Otter

Yes, saw it the other day. Looked like repacks to me, though I could be wrong. One or both of the figures might have been repaints. I don't collect that line, so I didn't look too closely... I just noticed the TRU exclusive sticker on it. It's tltled "Battle at the Bank" and actually has a bank playset included with it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:31 am 
Loose, Missing Package

There's at least one new figure in the line. It's being stocked in Target's Halloween section. Looks to be the Stealth Suit Batman mold with a cape and is solid black with a bright orange bat on his chest and matching highlights on the costume. The figure is packed on a small card (like the $5 accessory-less figures) with a pumpkin shaped blister. $5 price tag.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:39 am 
Daniel Pickett

Jim_Abell wrote:
There's at least one new figure in the line. It's being stocked in Target's Halloween section. Looks to be the Stealth Suit Batman mold with a cape and is solid black with a bright orange bat on his chest and matching highlights on the costume. The figure is packed on a small card (like the $5 accessory-less figures) with a pumpkin shaped blister. $5 price tag.

There's a picture of it on the front page now http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... -halloween

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:18 pm 
MINT!

JuliusMarx wrote:

There's a picture of it on the front page now http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... -halloween

There is also a typo on the front page:

Mattel has repainted on of their 4″ Dark.....

Also...what was the price on the batman figure and lego ghost? Cheap enough to be handed out to the beggers on halloween?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:42 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

The Halloween DKR Batman was either $3.99 or $4.99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:35 pm 
MINT!

hmm...maybe i'll just hand out bottled water again...the 32oz ones.

it is funny when you drop one of those into a 4 year old kid's bag from about a foot higher than their heads and it bottoms out on the porch floor.

...plus it keeps them from coming back next year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 am 
shirtless hugger

After searching for the Halloween DKR Batman for weeks, I finally found one on Sunday mixed in with the other Batman toys in the action figure aisle.

I had not purchased any of the other 3-3/4'' DKR figures because the design did not appeal to me, but the Halloween Batman was actually kinda cool. I love the orange eyes. And the pumpkin blister packaging is unintentionally hilarious!

And the best part was, because I found it after Halloween, it was marked down to $1.49.

Bring on Christmas Batman!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:38 pm 
Displays Backwards

That Halloween Batman is pretty bad ass, even at full price. Glad I got one.