Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:25 pm 
User avatar
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1197
Location: Alexandria, VA
Clayface wrote:
batfink wrote:
Future JLU three pack now listed as "almost gone."


I noticed that, so I actually ordered mine today. I was holding off for some unknown reason. Oh wait I do know why? Because I really don't like paying $30 a 3pack, almost $9 shipping & being taxed on top of it, & dealing with digital river, & getting it shipped to me with no packing & having something I paid $40 for come damaged. So I guess it was a tough decision for me to purchase these. Once I saw they were almost gone, I guess that kind of persuaded me to buy them now.


I feel the same way you do, actually haven't had that many issues myself with DR but I have heard the stories, but I did order this the first day. I figure I have so many JLU figs, I might just finish it off - not completely thanks to Mattel and crazy high Ebay prices, but pretty close. However, the "almost gone" stuff seems to be crap to get people to order the figures when they still have plenty left in some warehouse. They've done it before, they'll do it again, it's deceptive and I don't like it, but I guess Mattel doesn't care if they rub people the wrong way if they get your money - which can turn out to be penny wise, pound foolish in the end.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:16 pm 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1766
Location: PACNW
I think I'm just going to have to step away from the line. When I went to update my PP debit card the sale didn't go through for some reason and I'm kind of glad for that. I love these figures, but the price point + the shipping and tax kill it for me. I went to order it and it was more like $42 and some change for me. These are awesome figures, but I've got to be a bit more choosier on where my hard earned money goes these days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:08 pm 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 411
The_Donster wrote:
I think I'm just going to have to step away from the line. When I went to update my PP debit card the sale didn't go through for some reason and I'm kind of glad for that. I love these figures, but the price point + the shipping and tax kill it for me. I went to order it and it was more like $42 and some change for me. These are awesome figures, but I've got to be a bit more choosier on where my hard earned money goes these days.


I know they are a bit pricey, and I can totally understand that decision. For me, I'm just happy that the figures no longer cost $1,000.00 a piece. The good thing is that if you ever change your mind about buying them, you won't have to take out a second mortgage to get them. You might even be able to buy them cheaper individually on EBay.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm
Posts: 419
BCYa wrote:
[
I feel the same way you do, actually haven't had that many issues myself with DR but I have heard the stories, but I did order this the first day. I figure I have so many JLU figs, I might just finish it off - not completely thanks to Mattel and crazy high Ebay prices, but pretty close. However, the "almost gone" stuff seems to be crap to get people to order the figures when they still have plenty left in some warehouse. They've done it before, they'll do it again, it's deceptive and I don't like it, but I guess Mattel doesn't care if they rub people the wrong way if they get your money - which can turn out to be penny wise, pound foolish in the end.


I kind of think when they put sold out on these last packs, they actually are sold out. Unlike the BS they pulled with some of the other JLU product over the years. One thing that I believe they are actually not lying to us about is that fact that these packs are a shorter production run. I really would like to know how many they produced of each, though.

Well the way I look at it is I'm glad it will all be over soon. I hope Mattel never makes any other figure line that I actually like. At times, the JLU line did bring happiness to me if the form of tiny plastic statues. But for the most part it was a nightmare. It was important for me to get Mongul since FTMWHE was one of my favorite episodes, Thanx to Alan Moore writing the comic. This pack I wanted, because these characters were on Batman Beyond which I display. Guy Gardner pack, Blue Beetle pack, I will not purchase. Not paying over $40 for figures I really don't want at all. I guess that I just have to be ready in December for Toyman & Firefly since they were in BTAS & STAS which I have both toy series in a display case. Then this nightmare will finally be over.

batfink wrote:
I know they are a bit pricey, and I can totally understand that decision. For me, I'm just happy that the figures no longer cost $1,000.00 a piece. The good thing is that if you ever change your mind about buying them, you won't have to take out a second mortgage to get them. You might even be able to buy them cheaper individually on EBay.


I thought the opposite of your theory. I was buying some of these final packs because I figured if I ever changed my mind & didn't want them, I would always be able to sell them for what I have into them or more since they could be considered somewhat rare.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:59 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1871
Clayface wrote:
I kind of think when they put sold out on these last packs, they actually are sold out. Unlike the BS they pulled with some of the other JLU product over the years. One thing that I believe they are actually not lying to us about is that fact that these packs are a shorter production run. I really would like to know how many they produced of each, though.

I think so too. I think we MAY get another shot at some of the packs through leftover customer service stock but I believe that for all intents and purposes these actually sold out due to the lowered production numbers. The thing that tells me this, is the fact that they didn't pull Mongul, who was "almost gone" by the SDCC sale, from the site. If he actually WAS almost gone it would make more sense to actually let him him sell out than keep the packs in a warehouse for months on end whether they could rack up the shipping charges or not. Not everything with Mattel is a huge conspiracy. I think some of our past Digital River traumas have driven us to Mattel Derangement Syndrome.

For the record, I'm thankful Mattel found a way to make the numbers work to get these last packs out to us. It seems a shame that they finally figured out the right formula right when the line was ending. I probably won't get involved with another Mattel line anytime soon though. The retail JLU headaches were VERY real and even if I think the line ended strong on Matty I'm not willing to go through Mattel's shoddy distribution ever again.

Thank you for the figures Mattel. This is where we part ways.

_________________
"I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Mooooo! Think I'll chew me some cud!" - Smiley Bone a.k.a. The Mystery Cow.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:50 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1304
...except if you also buy MOTUC! :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:04 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3307
Location: San Diego, CA
DisneyBoy wrote:
...except if you also buy MOTUC! :roll:


Which I do. LOL. But after the hassle of JLU, the nightmare that's become MOTUC, the disappointment of Thundercats, and the sky high prices of Hasbro, I'm going back to vintage stuff. What you see is what you get. You know the line is complete, and you know for the most part, they are valued at what you are paying.

_________________
JLU Forever! And is MOTUC EVER getting around to Ram Man?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:23 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
BTW time to change your post script, JZ. :wink:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:54 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm
Posts: 419
DisneyBoy wrote:
...except if you also buy MOTUC! :roll:


Fortunately I never started collecting MOTUC or anything else From Mattel! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3307
Location: San Diego, CA
Shellhead wrote:
BTW time to change your post script, JZ. :wink:



LOL Not until he's in my hand!

Though I do need to add Glimmer and Angella to it. The line better not end before those two!

_________________
JLU Forever! And is MOTUC EVER getting around to Ram Man?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:22 pm 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1783
My sets arrived today! (as did my Mattel All Stars from Amazon)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:57 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1314
Location: Orlando, FL
Got mine yesterday. Okay, I'm glad to have them, but let's get the obligatory complaining out of the way. I bought two sets, and both have the same problems.

1. I don't remember Aquagirl being this ... unattractive.

Image

2. Micron's paint apps suck.

Image

3. Static's arms are too long and his hands are too big.
Image

Again, happy to have them, but they do not represent Mattel's best work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1766
Location: PACNW
See, now this brings up another issue I have. Given the low production run and high cost you'd think these would be closer to perfection when it comes to paint and Q/C issues. Especially given the cost they expect collectors to shell out blindly. Knock on wood, the only issue I've had with my DCIE figures was Rocket Red paint wise and it was so minor I could either paint over it or call it battle damage. Still, it is frustrating know that there are still imperfections given the cost of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:32 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1593
Bryan Long wrote:
Got mine yesterday. Okay, I'm glad to have them, but let's get the obligatory complaining out of the way. I bought two sets, and both have the same problems.

1. I don't remember Aquagirl being this ... unattractive.

Image

I've been saying it all along. I think Aquagirl may be the worst looking JLU female ever. She literally looks like her dad Aquaman mated with a seahorse. The figure doesn't do her any justice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:38 pm 
Knows his stuff
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 573
whakojacko1976 wrote:
I've been saying it all along. I think Aquagirl may be the worst looking JLU female ever. She literally looks like her dad Aquaman mated with a seahorse. The figure doesn't do her any justice.

Worse looking than Galatea?

_________________
I turn my back on you for two seconds, and suddenly you're 80 years old and covered in robots!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.048s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]