Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:14 pm 
User avatar
Damage Control
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 954
Got it yesterday.

Just ... I dunno... whelmed...

Image

Bryan L was right.
Aquagirl is like a botox project gone way overboard. Puckering lips and the etched on eyebrows. It's like watching those the housewives of New Jersey / LA / Atlanta or wherever.

Image

Static's head seems a bit over-scaled.

Image

Micron just looks like a generic base body with a new head sculpt.. with the beady eyes.

Image

I'm happy to get these but could have done much better or expected much higher hopes since this is their year and all.

ENJOY!!!!

_________________
From the SLUMS of SHAOLIN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:39 pm 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1772
Location: ATL, GA
wow I guess Im weird, I love this set.

Static is my fav JLU fig in a long time

Im really looking forward to the last 4 sets as well


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:36 am 
Variant Head
Online

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:33 am
Posts: 2128
Ok now this may sound crude but to me Aquagirls lips look like a womans ......... lady parts

_________________
Good trades with-
toychango, ian5555, BootsBailey, ashxking, an-gel sakura and lots more I have forgotten


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:28 am 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 417
I think these figures are great too. Mattel has always had issues with JLU female face sculpts. Maybe Aqua is not as perfect as Saturn Girl, but she's waaaay better than Supergirl and Galatea. Static is just fine. You guys are just nitpicking there. Same with Micron. He looks exactly like his design on the show.

It's kind of funny how everybody was raving about these figures, putting in hours contacting overseas sellers and paying exorbitant prices for them...just to say "meh" now that they are $10 per figure. They look exactly like they did when they were $1,000 a piece. Actually, Mongul looks better with the new paint app. I guess the hype just built them up in people's heads to something more than JLU figures.

I'm loving them all. Well done Mattel, thanks again for putting these out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 am 
User avatar
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8749
Location: Rochester, NY
Batfink just hit the nail on the head.

Winner in one!
Great post and I feel much the same as you.

_________________
#AdultsCollect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 am 
User avatar
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 328
I'm not big on Aquagirl either, but my gripe has more to do with the women of the line in general. I like the other two figures a lot, though. I'm very happy with Static.

_________________
JLU needs: Barda, rare Secret Society & Legends of the League 6-pks, Lobo, Volcana, Cyborg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 am 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1939
batfink wrote:
I think these figures are great too. Mattel has always had issues with JLU female face sculpts. Maybe Aqua is not as perfect as Saturn Girl, but she's waaaay better than Supergirl and Galatea. Static is just fine. You guys are just nitpicking there. Same with Micron. He looks exactly like his design on the show.

It's kind of funny how everybody was raving about these figures, putting in hours contacting overseas sellers and paying exorbitant prices for them...just to say "meh" now that they are $10 per figure. They look exactly like they did when they were $1,000 a piece. Actually, Mongul looks better with the new paint app. I guess the hype just built them up in people's heads to something more than JLU figures.

I'm loving them all. Well done Mattel, thanks again for putting these out.

Agreed. These are great figures. My only complaint is Aquagirl's heels and I knew about that going in.

By the way, Aquagirl on Batman Beyond had a very exotic look about her that the figure pretty much captures. It isn't perfect but I don't think it would be an easy look to put into plastic in the first place.

Then again I feel the same way about Shayera's beautiful character design and her figure was fantastic. Still, my complaints about Aquagirl are minimal.

_________________
Time to replace our police officers with ham sandwiches.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:08 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1772
Location: ATL, GA
batfink wrote:
I think these figures are great too. Mattel has always had issues with JLU female face sculpts. Maybe Aqua is not as perfect as Saturn Girl, but she's waaaay better than Supergirl and Galatea. Static is just fine. You guys are just nitpicking there. Same with Micron. He looks exactly like his design on the show.

It's kind of funny how everybody was raving about these figures, putting in hours contacting overseas sellers and paying exorbitant prices for them...just to say "meh" now that they are $10 per figure. They look exactly like they did when they were $1,000 a piece. Actually, Mongul looks better with the new paint app. I guess the hype just built them up in people's heads to something more than JLU figures.

I'm loving them all. Well done Mattel, thanks again for putting these out.


great post man.

I still find it amazing we are getting these last 3 packs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:24 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1594
Yeah it's great we got the figures. Absolutely.

But Aquagirl still looks horrible. She has been since they first showed her. Just because it didn't look like we might be getting these at one time doesn't change it. I'll be glad to get the set but personally I just wish she looked better. But whatever you guys are entitled to your opinions. At least someone's 100% happy with them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:24 pm 
User avatar
Resin
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 358
Location: Pennsylvania
Totally forgot how bad Aquagirl looks. I got her early last yr and really hadnt looked at her since. She is bad, but not outside the norm for Mattys females save for Gypsy or, as others mentioned, Shayera. But Static Ive got to disagree with ya Prince (and agree with some others), I think hes one of the better offerings in quite some time. Sure Im biased because I wanted him to come out for Dwayne McDuffie but even without that I think hes a cool sculpt.

_________________
Current JLU Want List: Translucent Hair Volcana/Long Hair-Orange Shirt Aquaman

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 pm 
User avatar
Damage Control
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 954
BFantana wrote:
Totally forgot how bad Aquagirl looks. I got her early last yr and really hadnt looked at her since. She is bad, but not outside the norm for Mattys females save for Gypsy or, as others mentioned, Shayera. But Static Ive got to disagree with ya Prince (and agree with some others), I think hes one of the better offerings in quite some time. Sure Im biased because I wanted him to come out for Dwayne McDuffie but even without that I think hes a cool sculpt.


Statics head is not a major gripe... just what I noticed scale-wise (itty-bitty big). No biggie really.
Look they all can't be perfect, I understand that. It's just that it is the end of the line and you'd think they (Mattel) would go out feeling good about putting out a product that's near great.

Gypsy I thought was done really well. Great sculpt.

Aquagirl however, well... you know where I stand. If Gypsy had flat feet .. why couldn't Aquagirl.

Yes... Galatea was just done dang awful...period.
I could live with the Volcana not having any eyebrows but to leave us with an Aquagirl quite fitting to do customs of Housewives of Botox Hills.

_________________
From the SLUMS of SHAOLIN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:39 pm 
Variant Head
Online

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:33 am
Posts: 2128
Aquagirl does look off but I was begging for these figures. Shes really not that bad just her eyes but I am glad we got more BB characters out of the line. I LOVE Micron his paint looks great!

_________________
Good trades with-
toychango, ian5555, BootsBailey, ashxking, an-gel sakura and lots more I have forgotten


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:29 pm 
User avatar
Damage Control
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 954
PBateman wrote:
Aquagirl does look off but I was begging for these figures. Shes really not that bad just her eyes but I am glad we got more BB characters out of the line. I LOVE Micron his paint looks great!


I wish they would have made a KAI-RO.
:cry:

_________________
From the SLUMS of SHAOLIN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:01 pm 
User avatar
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 903
Asiatic Prince wrote:
PBateman wrote:
Aquagirl does look off but I was begging for these figures. Shes really not that bad just her eyes but I am glad we got more BB characters out of the line. I LOVE Micron his paint looks great!


I wish they would have made a KAI-RO.
:cry:


I second this. Kai-Ro and Barda (even with her tiny generic body scale) are tops on my list is this line had continued.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOTs the Micron-Aquagirl-Future Static with some pics
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:16 pm 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 1353
Jester wrote:
I second this. Kai-Ro and Barda (even with her tiny generic body scale) are tops on my list is this line had continued.


Same here!

_________________
WHERE are my classic Freedom Fighter action figures?!? Uncle Sam, The Ray, Black Condor, The Human Bomb, Phantom Lady, Doll Man and Firebrand!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron