Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:28 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Almost Sold Out.

AFi Positive Feedback: +198

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:47 am 
5" Scale

Howard the Duck wrote:
Got mine today, even though tracking showed it to be up in North Jersey. I am not complaining. My Aquagirl looks fine, other than the fact that she isn't 100% on-model. And this time around, there was an attempt at packing material, as there was one of those paper bag wraps inside the box.

To answer the question, the Galatea figure is by far the worse of the two. By far.

I agree, Howard. Aquagirl's fine. There is absolutely NO comparison between her and Galatea. NONE.

I promised myself to reply to more of your posts that I agree with (and there are many) just to prove I'm not a total dick.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:11 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

She might not be as bad as Galatea but she is still terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:14 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

75% of the JLU women figures faces look terrible. You all should be used to it by now. :lol: I'm just glad they didn't mess up the comic con exclusive Shayera's face.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I think this is one of the few times I got lucky with Galatea. Mine wasn't crossed eyed or anything. Bless you AGS for keeping the fire burning on the sitrep reports on this 3 pack. I still can't pull the trigger :? As far as the shipping and handling thing. I've been kind of fortunate with that on my DCIE sub and other things.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:32 pm 
Resin

Clayface wrote:
75% of the JLU women figures faces look terrible. You all should be used to it by now. :lol: I'm just glad they didn't mess up the comic con exclusive Shayera's face.

Clayface nailed it. Not a shocker shes not the best JLU offering out there. The list of good female pieces is short, IMO, Gypsy, the aforementioned Shayera, Star Sapphire...Wonder Woman. Any others?

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:50 pm 
serves the Otter

Mary Marvel.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:05 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

BFantana wrote:
Clayface wrote:

Clayface nailed it. Not a shocker shes not the best JLU offering out there. The list of good female pieces is short, IMO, Gypsy, the aforementioned Shayera, Star Sapphire...Wonder Woman. Any others?

Alright, I disagree here a bit. I'm not sure I'd say 75% of the women are terrible. Many are but a 3/4 of them?

Gypsy
Shayera
Wonder Woman (V1)
Star Sapphire
Fire
Ice
Harley Quinn
Hawkgirl
Mary Batson
Paran Dul/JL Hawkgirl
Killer Frost
Amanda Waller (Just needed some dark lipstick)
Silver Banshee
Tala
Elasti Girl
Giganta
Katmatui
Batgirl
JL Wonder Woman
Volcana (if they could just get her eyebrows right)

are all pretty decent in terms of headscuplts IMO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

Saw this in a Toys R Us in Jersey, I think it was Jersey, tristate driving can be confusing...Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:16 pm 

whakojacko1976 wrote:
BFantana wrote:

Alright, I disagree here a bit. I'm not sure I'd say 75% of the women are terrible. Many are but a 3/4 of them?

Gypsy
Shayera
Wonder Woman (V1)
Star Sapphire
Fire
Ice
Harley Quinn
Hawkgirl
Mary Batson
Paran Dul/JL Hawkgirl
Killer Frost
Amanda Waller (Just needed some dark lipstick)
Silver Banshee
Tala
Elasti Girl
Giganta
Katmatui
Batgirl
JL Wonder Woman
Volcana (if they could just get her eyebrows right)

are all pretty decent in terms of headscuplts IMO

If they have a mask or makeup, it really doesn't count. Because that pretty much hides most of the features. I will take those off the list & comment on the rest.

Gypsy I agreee Gypsy looks good

Shayera I may have went off on someone from Mattel in Chicago if this figure was jacked up.

Wonder Woman (V1) Yes I agree, but she wasn't sculpted by Mattel's sculptors now was she?

Fire She did look decent

Ice is not bad

Mary Batson Looks fine, but there was no animated version to compare her too

Killer Frost Killer Frost is such a " creepy " looking face, does she even count as " female features? " lol I would think not

Amanda Waller (Just needed some dark lipstick) She does look like she did in the toon. Once again, not exactly the most feminine looking face.

Silver Banshee I think is a terrible sculpt. The only thing that saves her is the makeup is right.

Tala I do not think is a very good sculpt

Elasti Girl I really didn't think she looked all that good, but once again they sculptors had no animated counterpart to try to capture her from anyway.

Giganta Looks very good. I think the 10 inch of her looks better than the 4 inch though.

Katmatui She does not look feminine & still they screwed her up. She looks almost as bad as Vixen.

Volcana (if they could just get her eyebrows right) Do you even own this figure? I did & thought the $100 dollars I got for her was taking advantage of someone. This is one of the more terrible face sculpts of the line even with eyebrows painted on. Her head is too big, not because of the hair, her face is just too big. She looks nothing like she does in the cartoon. It made me sick everytime that I looked at the figure. I realize she was rare, but I still couldn't believe people were willing to pay $80 or more for her. I gladly sold mine because she looked like crap anyway. I bought a cast of the head from Stew, to which I will alter/fix & use a Black Canary body to make her look like she did in STAS.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:50 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Masked Avenger wrote:
Saw this in a Toys R Us in Jersey, I think it was Jersey, tristate driving can be confusing...Image

Am I missing something lol? What is it that is special in that pic? Looks just like my local TRU did (about 4 months ago).
:?:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:57 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Clayface wrote:
Volcana (if they could just get her eyebrows right) Do you even own this figure? I did & thought the $100 dollars I got for her was taking advantage of someone. This is one of the more terrible face sculpts of the line even with eyebrows painted on. Her head is too big, not because of the hair, her face is just too big. She looks nothing like she does in the cartoon. It made me sick everytime that I looked at the figure. I realize she was rare, but I still couldn't believe people were willing to pay $80 or more for her. I gladly sold mine because she looked like crap anyway. I bought a cast of the head from Stew, to which I will alter/fix & use a Black Canary body to make her look like she did in STAS.

Yes, I've owned Volcana since she was at retail. I agree that her head is certainly huge but I still think the features are accurate. If they maybe could have somehow shrank her head...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:30 pm 
Collector Inspector

And check out the latest pic in Awkward Moments in the JLU. It's "Power Demonstration Day" for the new arrivals.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:44 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Fone Bone wrote:
Howard the Duck wrote:
Got mine today, even though tracking showed it to be up in North Jersey. I am not complaining. My Aquagirl looks fine, other than the fact that she isn't 100% on-model. And this time around, there was an attempt at packing material, as there was one of those paper bag wraps inside the box.

To answer the question, the Galatea figure is by far the worse of the two. By far.

I agree, Howard. Aquagirl's fine. There is absolutely NO comparison between her and Galatea. NONE.

I promised myself to reply to more of your posts that I agree with (and there are many) just to prove I'm not a total dick.

:wink:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:07 pm 

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Yes, I've owned Volcana since she was at retail. I agree that her head is certainly huge but I still think the features are accurate. If they maybe could have somehow shrank her head...

I paid $9.99 for her 3 pack at Target when they first came out. It was the only JLU figures on the shelf. Odd how I found her like that & how rare she became to be. It actually took me quite sometime to find the Stargirl/Parasite 3 pack. I think Mattel did a good Job on Volcana's hair. But her face to me isn't even close to the cartoon even if they shrunk her head. She was the first figure I sold out of my collection. Her terrible sculpt & how much she was fetching were the main factors that convinced me to sell her. I didn't really want to have one piece missing out of my collection. But I had her on my entertainment center & every day I would look at her & think to myself how terrible she looks. It's a terrible looking toy & I can get $100 for it. As soon as Stew cast some more heads & put them on his site for 8 bucks. My original was on ebay & on it's way to a new home within a day or two.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next