Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Wal-Mart UPC's leake
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:32 am 
Variant Head

Sorry I ended up scoring Ras on Amazon. Hes up there right now only 17 left !!! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006O6 ... PDKIKX0DER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 am 
Collector Inspector

Ugh, Ra's is $46 on amazon. Blake is $28. No thank you. I just got back from seeing a Movie Masters Sinestro at TJ Maxx for $3. I have to believe in my heart some Ras and Blake will eventually show up. My Walmarts and Targets (and TRU, I just checked my store) aren't even trying to stock Movie Masters. My bat signal will just have to wait.

It's remarkable how long these two figures have held on to their hot status. I was expecting them to start showing up or go down in price by now. My experience with retail lately is if they don't show up, then they don't show up at all. It used to be I would see toys a month after all the reports, give or take a few. I expect retail to screw up a 12-figure wave of Green Lanterns but not a 6-figure wave of Batman figures. C'mon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:56 am 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

Spoiler: show

It's crazy how much detail is on this and how much the flash reveals that I can't even see with my own eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 am 
Brand Manager

Masked Avenger wrote:

It's crazy how much detail is on this and how much the flash reveals that I can't even see with my own eyes.

Oh boy! ow I must buy 2 Blake figures, and couldn´t get even the first one :evil:

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:44 pm 
MINT!

funtime3 wrote:
Ugh, Ra's is $46 on amazon. Blake is $28....

ra's al ghul is selling out fast at the current inflated prices...went from 6 in stock at 38.99+4.95shipping down to 1 in less than two minutes.

when they first started popping up on amazon i was able to buy 2. i noticed on ebay that a couple people had listings of $99.00 buy it now or best offer so i put my second one up at $75 thinking nobody would bother clicking on the listing at that price with bidding in the 20 dollar and up range......it sold after just a few hours.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:58 pm 
Displays Backwards

funtime3 wrote:
Ugh, Ra's is $46 on amazon. Blake is $28. No thank you. I just got back from seeing a Movie Masters Sinestro at TJ Maxx for $3. I have to believe in my heart some Ras and Blake will eventually show up. My Walmarts and Targets (and TRU, I just checked my store) aren't even trying to stock Movie Masters. My bat signal will just have to wait.

It's remarkable how long these two figures have held on to their hot status. I was expecting them to start showing up or go down in price by now. My experience with retail lately is if they don't show up, then they don't show up at all. It used to be I would see toys a month after all the reports, give or take a few. I expect retail to screw up a 12-figure wave of Green Lanterns but not a 6-figure wave of Batman figures. C'mon.

I don't know why we put up with Mattel any more. I'm gonna get pickier and pickier over time, I've had enough of their garbage.

I do love their WWE figures though - I'm like an addict, running around aimlessly to get my next hit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:38 pm 
Variant Head

I got an extra Ras Al Ghul from Amazon and I am desperately trying to trade for a loose Movie Masters Matty.com Joker as Bank robber does anyone have one ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:50 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Anything beyond Bats, Bane and Alfred had to be aquired by trade, or Amazon. Again, poor distribution issues. Also, there's no reason these shouldn't be available at Mattycollector. They are the definition of what the site was built for.

Also, the Movie Masters Bat Pod price continues to climb on Ebay. Good luck getting one for under $100. Why wasn't it rereleased?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:06 am 
Displays Backwards

I read Wal-Mart is going to have a 6-pack of these figures for $100.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20967200

I said I wasn't going to buy them unless I saw all 6 in store at the same time. I guess they heard my plea! Still probably going to pass on them, though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:19 pm 
Cold-cast

abuddah wrote:
There's no reason these shouldn't be available at Mattycollector. They are the definition of what the site was built for.

This is such an important point and bears repeating. The whole point of Mattycollector.com is to get the most fan-demanded Mattel figures into the hands of collectors. Why can't Mattel ever figure this out?

When the Movie Masters from the previous Dark Knight movie were released on Mattycollector last time, they sold out in hours. Why on earth would they not want to repeat this success with the Dark Knight Rises? How many times do we hear "not enough fan interest" out of the Mattel staff, and they have this guaranteed success just sitting in their lap. Instead we get an out of scale 8" Batman. :roll:

Mattel, if you are listening, release Ra's on Mattycollector, and throw in Blake and both versions of Catwoman while you're at it. If you try to claim that there is "not enough fan interest" in the Batman Movie Masters line, you have some serious problems over there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:14 pm 
Resin

BCYa wrote:

6 figures for $100 is about $16.66 per figure, but the MSRP on these is $14.99, isn't it? It ought to be, anyway...So, I wonder if this 6-pack will have an exclusive figure or some deco changes to justify the higher cost.

If this is just a straight re-release of the 6 characters currently available as singles, that's incredibly annoying, and it should have come out first so collectors could get all the characters in one fell swoop and leave the singles for discriminating mothers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 pm 
MINT!

GoldBlade6 wrote:
BCYa wrote:

6 figures for $100 is about $16.66 per figure, but the MSRP on these is $14.99, isn't it? It ought to be, anyway...So, I wonder if this 6-pack will have an exclusive figure or some deco changes to justify the higher cost.

If this is just a straight re-release of the 6 characters currently available as singles, that's incredibly annoying, and it should have come out first so collectors could get all the characters in one fell swoop and leave the singles for discriminating mothers.

I thing the suggested retail price is 16.99...around here walmart has them at 16.47

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

It seems to me that convenience alone makes that a nice price.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 am 
3 3/4"

abuddah wrote:
Anything beyond Bats, Bane and Alfred had to be aquired by trade, or Amazon. Again, poor distribution issues. Also, there's no reason these shouldn't be available at Mattycollector. They are the definition of what the site was built for.

Maybe these should be available on Matty but I've seen Catwoman multiple times in multiple chains and I even found Blake the other day at a Toys R Us. I've never seen a R'as in the wild or otherwise.

There is a glut of Batman figures in most stores which shouldn't help the cause but I wouldn't want to overstate the difficulty in finding these figures. At least they're out there which is more than I can say for a lot of Hasbro Star Wars product this year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:19 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I just got a Joker as a Thug from Ollies!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next