Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Yard sale JLU
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:13 am 
Knows his stuff

red Ricky wrote:
Hey, now! Mattel made it abundantly clear that "Modern" Martian Manhunter and "Shiny" Captain Atom were highly demanded figures by moms, kids, grandparents, uncles, godparents, aunts, redheaded step childs, housekeepers, nanas, mailmen, pets, maids, houseguests, pool boys, librarians, major league baseball, paperboys and fox news.

Volcana on the other hand, well... she only had some support from us, Fanboy Collectors. And as we've been told a million times... Fanboy Collectors are loud "then" numerous.

Peace!

In the words of Homer Simpson, it's funny because it's true!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:17 pm 
Resin

red Ricky wrote:
BCYa wrote:
All this griping could have been averted if Mattel just used their brains and re-released Volcana like we had been asking them to do forever and forever. Same with those 6-packs, too. But, no, they tried to force stuff nobody wanted (collectors, moms and kids) onto us instead.

Hey, now! Mattel made it abundantly clear that "Modern" Martian Manhunter and "Shiny" Captain Atom were highly demanded figures by moms, kids, grandparents, uncles, godparents, aunts, redheaded step childs, housekeepers, nanas, mailmen, pets, maids, houseguests, pool boys, librarians, major league baseball, paperboys and fox news.

Volcana on the other hand, well... she only had some support from us, Fanboy Collectors. And as we've been told a million times... Fanboy Collectors are loud "then" numerous.

Peace!

I definitely believe all of that because Mattel stated it. They would never lie to us, right? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:14 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Clearly Mattel decided to release other figures instead of Volcana just to spite the fandom even though it would have obviously made them alot of $$.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:27 am 
Dog Squeezer

I have Volcana but I can totally sympathize with those who don't have her because I don't have the classic Aquaman.

Why weren't figures like Volcana and Aquaman put into the mix of these final three-packs, when they were originally presented as being readied for retail? That means that they had had a plan to produce them with the other figures.

It's all so annoying.

Anyway, CONGRATS on that find! That was a really great story to read :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:23 pm 
Resin

I've been trying to get STAS Aquaman at a reasonable price since he came out. I was excited when he was going to be in the Toyman pack. Then he was replaced. Although I am excited to get Firefly, I could care less about Dr Destiny & would much rather have Aquaman. I would rather have characters that pertain to STAS or BTAS now for display.

I had Volcana. Got lucky & found the 3 pack when she came out. It was a terrible figure IMO & when I saw what she was going for. I immediately sold mine on ebay & bought a cast of the head from Stew. I will make a custom of her using a Black Canary JLU figure. So Volcana looks more like she did in STAS which will suit my needs more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:56 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

The Question wrote:
I have Volcana but I can totally sympathize with those who don't have her because I don't have the classic Aquaman.

Why weren't figures like Volcana and Aquaman put into the mix of these final three-packs, when they were originally presented as being readied for retail? That means that they had had a plan to produce them with the other figures.

It's all so annoying.

Anyway, CONGRATS on that find! That was a really great story to read :)

Well, Aquaman was supposedly not available for the final packs due to his arm molds being used for Dr. Destiny's arms. That, and the actual packaging could not be altered to fit him in even if they wanted to, due to the budget for JLU being non-existent because of it's discontinuation. Or something. And, if you recall, Aquaman was supposed to be in a retail three pack in it's never-happened final retail sales period. Volcana on the other hand, was intentionally held back by Mattel twice: First, she was due for a singles wave(the Ultraman wave, I believe) She was removed from that singles mix because Mattel thought it better to place her in a six pack. That six pack was later refused by Target. Target chose to carry Young Justice in place of Justice League Unlimited, so JLU had to go. All of this info was given by Mattel at some point. It is fact.

Mattel does not entirely realize that they are the cause of Volcana's scarcity. Same with Aquaman. Only Mattel knows just how few of those two figures were produced when compared to, say, Captain Atom or 'disco' Brainiac. There are definitely far less Volcanas and classic Aquaman figures out there than just about any other JLU figure. Should Mattel decide to jump back into the JLU pool and produce JLU product past the final three packs, they would surely benefit from making a Volcana/classic Aquaman/and-any-other-JLU-figure-even-ugly-Galatea-or-Polly-Pocket-Supergirl-if-they-had-to pack. Heck, they could just put Volcana and Aquaman inside a three pack package and include their respective accessories, then sell it for the current going rate of $30. You can't get a third of either figure for thirty bucks, but a set with both figures in it would be amazing.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'