Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Welcome Allura, Sven and the Blue Li
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:50 am 
5" Scale

Man I wish I would have got a 2nd sub, Sven is going for 120+ on ebay lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 am 
Resin

Wish I had known that before I opened mine, I could've done without him for that kind of money :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:37 pm 
Cold-cast

I wonder why they put Sven on a card instead of the box like the others. Anyway, after showing my girl what he's going for on Ebay, she claims I owe her a ring for signing me up for the sub. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:59 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Geez!

You could cash out your Sven and almost pay for two lions!

Anybody know where I could find an extra Allura figure? My little girl would love to have one to play with and I don't need another blue lion.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am 
Excelsior!

I wonder how many people purchased two subs to have a Voltron and a Lion set and are now selling sub number two off on eBay?

The Blue lion has me excited again to finish Voltron in October.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:56 pm 

I know how you feel. It seemed like the end would never be in sight. Somehow getting the Blue Lion kind of signaled that Voltron is right around the corner.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:59 pm 
ABS

I'm very surprised by the responses. I'm absolutely in love with this Voltron set and think it's one of the better toys that has been created recently. Everything from the packaging and the way it's displayed in the boxes, to the paint/colors, to the figures, to the size, this is truly an amazing product. I'm almost surprised it's a Mattel product. I'm surprised you guys are complaining considering the JLU toys are some of the worst I've ever experienced and they seem to be universally loved on this forum. I only collected JLU because I loved the show and characters but if I was to critique the toys themselvs, I thought they were pretty shoddy! Compared to the JLU toy line, this Voltron is two standard deviations higher on the evolutionary toy scale.

Would I have preferred a more intricate and detailed cockput...of course but compared to the crap that you see in stores now, I'm in love with this set. And regarding the die cast Voltron that came out 5 years ago, my response is so??? Of course a Voltron merged robot is going to be a superior product when action figures and cockpits are not involved. If I want a lame statue of a Voltron, I could have bought that years ago but it's the action figures and cockpits that make this Voltron fun and brings the cartoon experience to life versus the lifeless die cast statue. I'm sorry but I can't believe you guys are complaining about joints. The fact that we even have a Voltron with figures that can fit into a cockpit should be appreciated. For godsake, I wish other companies had the same balls and would produce a true Hall of Justice in which the figures can actually fit into it or a true Avengers Mansion or Four Freedoms Plaza or Xaviers Mansion.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:52 pm 

I like the set.

In fact this is the only toy line I'm collecting right now.

This thing is gonna come together and just be amazing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6