Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice 4 and 6 inch lines CANCELLED!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:20 am 
Cold-cast

Kind of odd that they end up at a military outlet. Cool that you have them, though

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:21 pm 
Collector Inspector

So, um, yeah.... I guess the Superboy/Miss Martian pack isn't happening. Wherever you stand on the 6 inch line, you have to admit this is a little sad. :cry: I was really supportive of this line. The lines I love get no love. They probably won't even make an official announcement.

It also makes me a little cross :x ...I find a mountain of 6-inch packs at Tj Maxx . Probably 6 each of Aqualad, Artemis, and the pull-my-hair-out-trying-to-find Red Arrow. Distribution and case packouts could have been handled a little bit better on this one. Basically, at retail, this line was 3 figures.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

they are 10 bucks now at Marshalls and TJ Maxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:16 pm 
Cold-cast

funtime3 wrote:
So, um, yeah.... I guess the Superboy/Miss Martian pack isn't happening. Wherever you stand on the 6 inch line, you have to admit this is a little sad. :cry: I was really supportive of this line. The lines I love get no love. They probably won't even make an official announcement.

It also makes me a little cross :x ...I find a mountain of 6-inch packs at Tj Maxx . Probably 6 each of Aqualad, Artemis, and the pull-my-hair-out-trying-to-find Red Arrow. Distribution and case packouts could have been handled a little bit better on this one. Basically, at retail, this line was 3 figures.

Unless there's a ton of "last minute" orders like MOTUC and DCIE I think you're right. Even worse, if it should not go through, it will probably kill any future 6" 2 pack ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:19 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

If they had sold Ms. Martian as a single for $25 (or $30 with a base), I would have bit.

However, I have absolutely no interest in that version of Superboy, so they're not getting any more money from me.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Shellhead wrote:
If they had sold Ms. Martian as a single for $25 (or $30 with a base), I would have bit.

I still think we have a chance at getting Ms Martian in the subsciption in 2014 (if that happens) and probably in her normal outfit, as well. Can't imagine not getting a t-shirt Superboy (a proper one) next year with Man of Steel being in theaters, wouldn't be surprised it the "evil" Supergirl that was supposed to be part of the All-Stars line this year doesn't get released then, too...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:15 pm 
Collector Inspector

The only 6" YJ figure I was really interested in was The Guardian :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:58 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

His diorama looked awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:55 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Yep... I was actually planning to buy a couple extra of him just for that doorway... :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:53 am 
Cold-cast

Wasn't it supposed the presale now supposed to end on the 31st? There is still time to order them....lol Either Matty is really just trying to push these overpriced figures to make that bank on them. Or they just haven't ended the presale since it's a Holiday weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:31 am 
MINT!

scar1321 wrote:
Here's the rest of my haul... My keepers!!

saw three of those at a flea market. artemis,superman, and green lantern along with a crap load of wave 19 dcuc figures. i think they were asking $8 for them. didn't realize they were that hard to find. also don't give a crap about that line because the cartoon annoys me. all the 'he kissed aqua boy first... i wanted to kiss him' crap or 'i'm your sister and i'm a bad guy and i'll mention it every scene that we run into each other in'....also.. why the hell does kid flash need a stealth costume??

if they are there next time i'll pick them up and maybe trade them with somebody for something....but i guess i need 50 posts for that?

i wonder what they paid for them and where they got them if they were only asking $8 each.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 am 

Wow. You have absolutely no understanding of the Young Justice show. :roll:

Nice find, though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:17 am 
Collector Inspector

I hope Jim_Abell is right. I think YJ Superboy would be a nice figure in a potential Superman Unlimited line. Miss Martian would be a good addition to DCIE, But I hope collectors are forgiving of the "cartoony" head sculpt. DCUC Collectors can be very "Not In my Backyard" with various aspects of their collection. But they are sculpted by the 4H, as i understand, so i don't see why not. And the extra swappable head makes it more appealing as a DCIE offering.

For the sake of my uncompleted YJ 6-inch collection , I really hope this happens.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:22 am 
MINT!

funtime3 wrote:
I hope Jim_Abell is right. I think YJ Superboy would be a nice figure in a potential Superman Unlimited line. Miss Martian would be a good addition to DCIE, But I hope collectors are forgiving of the "cartoony" head sculpt. DCUC Collectors can be very "Not In my Backyard" with various aspects of their collection. But they are sculpted by the 4H, as i understand, so i don't see why not. And the extra swappable head makes it more appealing as a DCIE offering.

For the sake of my uncompleted YJ 6-inch collection , I really hope this happens.

miss martian would be a great dcuc figure if it were made in that style. those are what i collect. i just can't get into these figures or the cartoon..i do like the hall of justice cnc thingy and i'll watch the show from time to time just to see the 'grown up' characters. they don't play a big enough role to keep me tuned in though.

oh.... what is with zatanna being like 14 now? she has been making whoopie with batman and constantine for years and they're in their late 30's to early 40's.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:21 pm 

That's because the show takes place on Earth-16. None of the old continuality applies.

We do have an entire thread devoted to it BTW over in the Screen Scene forum. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 47  Next