Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: SEPTEMBER 17th - JLU Vandal Savage 3-pack
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:34 am 
shirtless hugger

Bryan Long wrote:
The price is steep, yes. But I just factor in all the gas I used up visiting Targets dozens of times vainly trying to find figures. I'd much rather pay a premium and get them shipped to me without having to hunt. The fruitless searching was just miserable.

Amen. For me, it's worth the extra cost to be able to sit at my desk and buy the figures with a few clicks than it is to run all over town to try to find them. And now that I live in Manhattan, the hunt takes more time because I have to take the subway or the bus or both to get to Target.

elvis8batman wrote:
I think that collecting JLU has been a bit like when you've been following a tv show since the start... the first few seasons got you hooked, the middle ones dropped off a bit but the final season is back to form and you've been with it this long you might as well see it to the end.

JLU = Lost
lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 am 
Wonderdog

GregNYC wrote:
JLU = Lost
lol

Except that JLU is going to have a good ending. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:43 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

2 more packs and done with this line :)

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 am 
Cold-cast

I'm of two minds: Both sad and glad to see them go. It has been a GREAT long haul. Ten YEARS?! Amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:24 am 
Knows his stuff

Bryan Long wrote:
The price is steep, yes. But I just factor in all the gas I used up visiting Targets dozens of times vainly trying to find figures. I'd much rather pay a premium and get them shipped to me without having to hunt. The fruitless searching was just miserable.

Especially when the searching was ultimately fruitless. All the wasted gas/money and time spent trying to hunt down the elusive Volcana with nothing to show for it, and I'll still have to pay a premium for her, unless I get lucky and stumble across her at a yard sale or something. I spent waaaaay more than $38 trying to find Volcana.

I'd prefer to order the figures without having to leave my desk and pick them up without having to leave the house.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 am 
Resin

elvis8batman wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:
For the first time in a long time I really want these action figures. But I just can't bring myself to pay 30 bucks + shipping for them. I just dont' feel they are worth it :(

I know what you mean, realistically they're not worth $30, the plastic is cheap and they are mostly re-used parts, but... this close to the end, if you still have the rest of your JLU collection and enjoy it, then they are a great addition before there are no more figures.

I think that collecting JLU has been a bit like when you've been following a tv show since the start... the first few seasons got you hooked, the middle ones dropped off a bit but the final season is back to form and you've been with it this long you might as well see it to the end.

This is the first of the many 3 packs that I will not be buying. I had to have Mongul since FTMWE was one of my favorite episodes. Probably only because it was based on the book written by Alan Moore. The future JLU was on the Batman Beyond series. So I needed to get them. This pack, Blue Beetle & Guy Gardner just isn't worth paying over $40 when you include shipping & tax. Everything that has gone on with Mattel & the constant games/scams they played with us collectors especially on these last pack, left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I was a completist! I had every JLU figure made. But I began selling some of the rare ones off on ebay for the cash they were getting. I thought I would miss them, but I don't. So I could really care less about getting all of these last 3 packs. One more to go for me only because Toyman & Firefly were on STAS & BTAS. That's the only reason I am buying them to add to those displays. I will alwyas love the JLU show. But these cheaply made, terrible painted figures from Mattel...... Not so much

Bryan Long wrote:

I guess that I was lucky. I had a Target about 5 minutes from my work & it was on the way home. So I just used to stop there every morning & everyday after work. Sometimes they would put stock out during the day. I pretty much found every figure there including the Volcana 3 pack, Legends of the League 6 pack, & Secret Society II 6 pack. The only figure that eluded me was the STAS Aquaman. But I found everything else so easily, that I didn't realize anything was even rare from this line until I started reading this forum & checking on ebay. So NO I would not much rather pay over $40 for these packs. I can't stand dealing with digital river. their overpriced shipping, & their sh*tty packing jobs. I like the good ole days when these 3 packs were $9.99 & I could get them in the stores so I could pick out the best painted of the bunch & my packages weren't damaged.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:44 am 
5" Scale

Bunger43 wrote:
For the first time in a long time I really want these action figures. But I just can't bring myself to pay 30 bucks + shipping for them. I just dont' feel they are worth it :(

This is pretty much my feelings on the situation too Bunger43. It is why I haven't picked up the last two JLU packs, the price. I applaud those who don't feel this is a big deal, but I've just got to be select with where my funds go. I could see gas being a factor if these were still in the stores, but they aren't and I can't rationalize the inflated cost. This is, at most, a $20+ shipping set.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:50 am 
shirtless hugger

And ... done. I can't believe how much better MattyCollector.com has gotten.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:57 am 
Knows his stuff

Bryan Long wrote:
And ... done. I can't believe how much better MattyCollector.com has gotten.

I was in and out with no problems also.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:02 am 
Knows his stuff

Clayface wrote:
I guess that I was lucky. I had a Target about 5 minutes from my work & it was on the way home. So I just used to stop there every morning & everyday after work.

I wish I was so lucky. I drove out of my way to check several Targets, K-Marts, WalMarts and Toys R Us (what's plural for Us?) on almost a daily basis. Never found Volcana. Found the Big Barda and Obsidian pack once. After the line went Target-exclusive, I never saw the "show accurate" Green Arrow or STAS Aquaman singles (although I traded for them with a board member).

The premium is worth it for me. I do understand that everyone else's situation is different.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

red Ricky wrote:
...And then went to Marchalls and bought the Kalibak/Destroyer-Darkseid Two-Pack for $12.99!!!

iI just found one of those 2 packs at Marshalls yesterday!

http://scar1321.blujay.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:35 am 
Tis' but a pup

scar1321 wrote:
red Ricky wrote:
...And then went to Marchalls and bought the Kalibak/Destroyer-Darkseid Two-Pack for $12.99!!!

Also at the Mattel Outlet... can't remember the price but I think it was more than $12.99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:53 am 
Knows his stuff

scar1321 wrote:
red Ricky wrote:

Time to go hunting to see if the Parademon two-packs are popping up anywhere for $12.99. I have 18, but you can't have too many Parademons, although it would have been nice if Darkseid had a few more generals (Steppenwolf, Granny, Kanto, Virmin Vunderbarr) to go with all of his soldiers on my shelf.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I need to say something here, though know I'm not saying it with venom - merely as an observation.

Several folks here have opted out of buying these last packs for the same reasons I did. Either they didn't really want the characters, or the price point was too high once shipping was factored in. And that makes complete and total sense to me and I'm very relieved to see no one is giving them any guff for opting out.

...so why did I have to take so much of it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 am 
Brand Manager

ed case wrote:
red Ricky wrote:

:shock: Really? When was that? :shock:

Last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Visited 4 Marshalls stores overall and scored at each one. Three of them had the Kalibak Two-Pack and the other one had the Young Justice 6-inch figures marked down from $10 to $7. Well worth the trip on account that now I get to choose the figures with the best paint applications.

By the way, the Kalibak's were still in their "white mailer" container; so at a glance, they are easy to miss. I recommend taking your time and looking around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next