Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Anyone have any questions for Mattel
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

AnimateTed wrote:
The last wave of Young Justice is hitting... but where? We're seeing carded ebay auctions pop up... but no retailer is stocking them. Where are they being shipped to?

Although I would like to see the answer to this-- someone here on the board- found them at his Army Base PX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:51 pm 
5th Horseman

I know... But I wanna hear it from them! LOL! I've had my friends hit their BX for the past month, and they haven't seen anything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:07 pm 
Collector Inspector

In terms of distribution (especially for C&C themed products), do you just throw your figures out of the back of your warehouse and into the river so that whatever store happens to spot them floating by can snag them, mark them up and sell them?

Or did you actually invest a lot of time, money and effort into creating a thought out and highly detailed system that pretty much gives us the same result?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:23 pm 
shirtless hugger

tuning4k wrote:
In terms of distribution (especially for C&C themed products), do you just throw your figures out of the back of your warehouse and into the river so that whatever store happens to spot them floating by can snag them, mark them up and sell them?

Or did you actually invest a lot of time, money and effort into creating a thought out and highly detailed system that pretty much gives us the same result?

These questions are awesome. It does seem like with C&C figures they go out of their way to make the set hard to find.

For instance, I've found one WWE PPV Mark Henry once. I've seen PPV John Cena many many many times. Both are from a set of 4 to build a back stage area. Why make one piece a million times easier to find than another? How many times are they going to botch this, and for how many lines? (I'm counting DCU, GL, YJ, WWE - have they ever done a C&C right?)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:47 pm 
shirtless hugger

You know what I'd be interested in asking Matty about? Toy Story Buddy Packs.

Those things keep coming out, yet it always seems like the line is dead. They keep getting carried by stores, but finding out anything about them online is virtually impossible. The few people I've found who collect the line know very little about it, ad we're constantly surprised when new stuff turns up. It's like the 80's all over again. (You'd think this was a good thing, but we've been spoiled by the availability of information on the internet, so it isn't.)

I'd be interested to know what offerings they currently have, what's on tap, and where they'd like to go.

Of course, I am under the impression that these Q&A's go to the group not responsible for the Toy Story line, so I'm not holding my breath that my queries would be answered.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:49 pm 
shirtless hugger

Ham Salad wrote:
You know what I'd be interested in asking Matty about? Toy Story Buddy Packs.

Those things keep coming out, yet it always seems like the line is dead. They keep getting carried by stores, but finding out anything about them online is virtually impossible. The few people I've found who collect the line know very little about it, ad we're constantly surprised when new stuff turns up. It's like the 80's all over again. (You'd think this was a good thing, but we've been spoiled by the availability of information on the internet, so it isn't.)

I'd be interested to know what offerings they currently have, what's on tap, and where they'd like to go.

Of course, I am under the impression that these Q&A's go to the group not responsible for the Toy Story line, so I'm not holding my breath that my queries would be answered.

I collect those little guys, too! Or I did. Seems like nothing new comes out ever. I thought there was a little Tour Guide Barbie, but I've never seen it, online or offline or anything. And Babyface and Mean Lotso. I have a checklist I put together, because collecting this line was a confusing mess. But I've just given up on it and figured it was dead, even though they seem to re-release stuff with no rhyme or reason.