Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Matty Collector survey
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:52 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Don't know if everyone visiting at the moment is getting it or not but I just got asked to fill out a survey about MC.com when I visited a few minutes ago. This would be a great time for everyone to go and post positive, well-spoken suggestions and criticisms on the site. I also found it interesting that they were asking about Monster High, hopefully they're considering adding more MH product to the Matty only offerings.

Post subject: Re: Matty Collector survey
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:37 am 
An Insider

Sweet! I just took the survey. I like how it asked you to rate your experience on the site based on your visit from TODAY :lol:
I went into detail about the nightmare I had with my DC sub earlier in the year and suggested lower shipping rates, more JLU, and more Young Justice :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Yeah... I asked about the possibility of releasing the already tooled Young Justice stuff like Captain Marvel, Red Tornado and Batgirl.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:58 pm 
An Insider

Jim_Abell wrote:
Yeah... I asked about the possibility of releasing the already tooled Young Justice stuff like Captain Marvel, Red Tornado and Batgirl.

Great move! I don't get Young Justice, but I really like that Captain Marvel figure! I haven't seen the Red Tornado figure, but I have seen Red Arrow and Black Manta.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:56 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Jim_Abell wrote:

Same here. The only thing on the survey I did that probably wasn't productive, was asking them to get rid of Digital River. :lol:

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 am 
shirtless hugger

I suggested that they make more product available all the time. I'm sure it's frustrating for new customers to come to the site and find stuff that they want to buy listed as unavailable. For stuff that legitimately sold out, there's nothing to be done about that, but for stuff that they've just taken down for one reason or another, that doesn't make sense.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:39 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

alcinde4 wrote:
The only thing on the survey I did that probably wasn't productive, was asking them to get rid of Digital River. :lol:

Wish I had thought of that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:41 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

That was my suggestion too Joe.

There just isn't enough available for those that are new to the site, or just want one or two items for a special occasion or other random purchase.

I truly believe that Mattel needs to change the mindset that a toy is either for a Mom/Grandma/kid OR a collector. They really need to start finding ways to appeal to both simultaneously or they are going to keep losing ground in the aisles and marketplace.

Its the same things we've been shouting at them since this all began so I don't see where anything will change at this point.

And I am sure that Mattel will keep any results of the survey an ultra-top secret-classified-for eyes only affair and the only info that will be leaked out to the public after the redacting is "stay tuned, that is a great suggestion, but nothing to announce right now."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:54 pm 
Collector Inspector

I suggested they make more products available for sale on the site, especially retail collector products that aren't showing up at retail because stores aren't cooperating, such as : Young Justice 6-inch Kid Flash and Batman, Dark Knight Rises Ras Al Ghul, those last two DCUC 2-packs and any good stuff that's sitting in big piles in that one store in California. There's stuff I want to buy but I can't.

My biggest beef is the Early DCUC 2-packs they took off the site at a time when DCUC was only rising in popularity and appeal. Now they have a thing called "Collection Essentials" and yeah , it's great that these things are regularly available, but that idea can be expanded I think.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:39 pm 
shirtless hugger

I took the survey, but it caught me at a bad time because I was trying to solve a problem with my subscription. I don't think my answers would be helpful to anyone except a sailor learning to curse.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:21 pm 
Brand Manager

I reminded them that their "partner website", Shop.Mattel.com, charges less than $5 dollars for shipping multiple DC Universe action figures to its customers; and requested that they not remove items from their website if they still have stock left to sell.

I also asked for Green Lantern: The Animated Series figures, in the 4.75 inch scale.