Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Power Attack Batman Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 am 
ABS

For those that are interested, oddly enough, Spirit Halloween stores have these figures on hand. A store popped up in my local mall, which they do every year, and I was checking the stuff out and lo and behold I came across these figures.

I picked up the ever-elusive Two-Face, Mutated Batman (whitish bat arms and head/torso) AND Mr. Freeze.

I couldn't find these at regular retailers, so I was quite ecstatic with coming upon these.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:44 pm 
active in the community

I just hope we see the Scarecrow soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:36 pm 
shirtless hugger

I think we would see Riddler, Penguin or even Catwoman before we see Scarecrow.

The line seems to be stalled at the stores I have been too, so maybe what's out there is all they will release.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:43 pm 
5th Horseman

These are going to fill a landfill at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:49 am 
active in the community

One of the new Batman figures cut-outs is a scarecrow one, thus my assumption Scarecrow is next!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:54 am 
Loose, Missing Package

AnimateTed wrote:

They seem to be selling just fine around these parts. Granted not first year Power Rangers good or anything close but they do have a pretty good turn-over.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:36 am 
Cold-cast

Jim_Abell wrote:
AnimateTed wrote:

They seem to be selling just fine around these parts. Granted not first year Power Rangers good or anything close but they do have a pretty good turn-over.

I don't know where you live, but just like every other toy collector on this forum & around the world when I goto a store shopping for anything of course I browse through the toy aisle just to see what's new even if I don't collect a line. The same Batman figures from this line have been sitting stagnant on the shelves not moving at all at every store I have been to. Even the villians aren't being bought up. Kind of shows to me that collectors or kids aren't really wanting this line

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:53 pm 
Cold-cast

Clayface wrote:

I don't know where you live, but just like every other toy collector on this forum & around the world when I goto a store shopping for anything of course I browse through the toy aisle just to see what's new even if I don't collect a line. The same Batman figures from this line have been sitting stagnant on the shelves not moving at all at every store I have been to. Even the villians aren't being bought up. Kind of shows to me that collectors or kids aren't really wanting this line

same in my area.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:00 pm 
5th Horseman

Zim wrote:
Clayface wrote:

same in my area.

Uh Yeah... anyone who thinks these are "selling" is delusional. These things are just holding shelf space. No one. Not kids. Not collectors. No one wants this ridiculous line.

Makes me miss Hex Holes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:49 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

AnimateTed wrote:
Uh Yeah... anyone who thinks these are "selling" is delusional. These things are just holding shelf space. No one. Not kids. Not collectors. No one wants this ridiculous line.

Makes me miss Hex Holes.

Well, somebody is buying them at my store. We get at least one or two cases in a week and the point-of-sale system doesn't order anything if it isn't selling.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:15 pm 
Wonderdog

They're selling here, too. Not every variation of Batman, but Robin and the villains fly off the shelves. Which is too bad, because I'd like that Freeze for custom fodder. I've only ever seen Robin and Croc once; Joker, Two-Face or Freeze, never. And the Batman figures that look close to the traditional costume -- the blue cape and the black cape figures -- disappear right away. So somebody here is buying them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:28 pm 
shirtless hugger

I've only seen the one Robin I got. The Batman Variants seem to be peg warmers but the others seem to be selling or at least hard to find. The Joker was hard to find but I lucked out on Freeze and Two-Face. So it is selling a little bit at least.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:39 am 
shirtless hugger

Quote:
So it is selling a little bit at least.

I agree, but then I live in Florida too, so maybe it's regional. The bat-variants are stagnant, but the main Batman, Robin, and the villains seem to sell through. Croc is lingering a bit now, as is Joker. The problem is, do they all have the same DCPI? If so, nobody will be able to differentiate between them, and the bat-variants will eventually clog the shelves.

I still don't see much reason for this change from the Brave and Bold figures. I wish Mattel had just rebranded B&B and continued until we at least go the figures that were shown (Flash, Captain Marvel, Faceless Hunter, Gentleman Ghost, etc.). I think the sales would be equal or better to what they're getting from Power Attack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:43 am 
4" scale

These seem to sell well in my area as well. I think people are thinking they're not doing well because they get replenished very quickly. Even though the pegs are full, each time I go, I notice the villains come and go.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm 
Cold-cast

Wildcard wrote:
These seem to sell well in my area as well. I think people are thinking they're not doing well because they get replenished very quickly. Even though the pegs are full, each time I go, I notice the villains come and go.

Nope same exact stock. I have the card rippers/benders in my area. So I know they are the same figures. I have Robin, Two Face, Freeze, & a ton of the original looking Batman's just taking up peg space along with the variants. Nothing seems to be moving off the shelves. As much as Mattel complained about JLU not selling, they moved much faster than this line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next