Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:26 pm 
Knows his stuff

Hey folks, I don't know if this is kosher or not, but I just received my long-awaited JLU Blue Beetle from a Chinese eBay seller who was very reliable, and I wanted to share. He got it shipped to me (in Florida) in a week and a half, and offered a return policy in case I had any problems with it. Unfortunately, he uses generic photos instead of pictures of each individual figure up for auction or Buy It Now, but I took a chance, and I am very pleased with what I got.

He has several other JLU figures for cheap (including several of the final Matty 3-pack releases), and lots of Young Justice and Action League too, although I don't know how rare those are.

Now that I got my Blue Beetle, I just ordered a Batgirl and a Despero from him for super-cheap, since I wanted them, but not enough to buy the 3-packs back when they were available.

The seller's name is taomr6007:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/taomr6007/m.htm ... ksid=p3686

Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:51 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

yeah got my Toyman from him!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 pm 
Cold-cast

I did the same as you & figured at the price he is charging for them, why not take a chance? I'm waiting for my Toyman & Firefly. Should be here this week. Glad everything was satisfactory for you. Why pay over $40 with tax/shipping for a 3 pack, when I can get the figures for $4 apiece. The line is dead & Mattel has enough of my money over the years.

I just wish that seller had some STAS Aquaman & Translucent hair Volcana for sale

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:21 am 
Knows his stuff

I feel like I got a good deal on the Blue Beetle (about $15 with shipping), which seemed like a bargain compared to Matty's $40 price (which included two figures I didn't need) or the $100+ factory rejects went for on eBay over the last two years. And Ted is my all-time favorite superhero, so I had to have him eventually. But last night I noticed he had a few even cheaper Beetles, at $10.99. Oh well, I am content, and Batgirl and Despero were $5 each, so we'll see how they look. I just wish he had Heatwave -- I really wanted him too, but couldn't justify the high price for the 3-pack with one new figure.

Did anyone notice the jacket-less Guy Gardner for $3.99? I'm going to pay full price for that 3-pack from Matty because I don't have a J'onn or that particular Batman, so I'll feel like I'm getting three brand-new figures.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:43 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Thanks for the head up. Just picked up BB for $8 shipped :) Was going to pass on that pack due to only being 1 figure in it I wanted.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:51 am 
Knows his stuff

ian5555 wrote:
Thanks for the head up. Just picked up BB for $8 shipped :) Was going to pass on that pack due to only being 1 figure in it I wanted.

Wow, how did I miss that one? His price discrepancies on identical items were a little weird.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 am 

Welcome to dealing with the Chinese! :P There's one dealer who i use on a regular basis, she's pretty cool and very constant with her prices. Also her quality has been spot on!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 am 
Knows his stuff

Would you mind sharing their eBay name, or at least PMing me? I'd love to score a few more figures for cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am 
Santos L. Halper

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
Would you mind sharing their eBay name, or at least PMing me? I'd love to score a few more figures for cheap.

Ditto for me, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:51 am 

And share all my trade secrets? :lol:
Shoot me some PMs and I'll give you the info.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:14 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I can't believe it took this long for someone to start this thread lol. I've had some of these figures for awhile now. I guess I just thought people checked ebay more often.

Last edited by whakojacko1976 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 pm 

whakojacko1976 wrote:
I can't believe it took this long for someone to start his thread lol. I've had some of these figures for awhile now. I guess I just thought people checked ebay more often.

I only stay up on the DCUC figures out of China. For all I knew this Toyman could have been already released. I am not a JLU fan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Van Statten wrote:
whakojacko1976 wrote:
I can't believe it took this long for someone to start this thread lol. I've had some of these figures for awhile now. I guess I just thought people checked ebay more often.

I only stay up on the DCUC figures out of China. For all I knew this Toyman could have been already released. I am not a JLU fan.

That's understandable. There could be several hot DCUC figures in his store right now and I'd have no idea about it. Just with the number of JLU fans on this site I thought somebody would have posted this months ago the minute these guys started popping up cheap.

I never brought it up at first because I had never dealt with this seller(s) before (that I know of) and didn't really want to sound like I was endorsing the guy especially since I had just had a not so good experience with another seller from China with the same type of goods. By the time I received my first batch of figures (in good shape) weeks had past and still nobody was talking about these figures being up on Ebay as BINs. Then I thought maybe everyone else was having a bad experience with these guys or that just nobody really cared anymore particularly because Mattel was going to be releasing these anyway. I even posted some pics of my figures over on Matty and no one ever asked how I got them so early. Man, seems like times have changed for JLU.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:32 pm 
Cold-cast

I didn't mention anything about it because this is the first time dealing with this seller & I haven't received my figures yet. I purchased them a week ago.

Firefly was $3.99 free international shipping
Toyman $2.49 with $3.99 international shipping

You just have to look through all of his auctions to find the best price on the figures you are looking for. He had Toyman's listed for $2.49 to $11.99 Firefly was the same. Of course I bought the ones with the best prices.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:55 pm 
Knows his stuff

I didn't want to say anything either, until I had Beetle in hand. I was so nervous it would be defective in some way, poor paint, a true factory castoff, but it's fine. The black lines could use a very minor touch-up or two with a fine Sharpie, but we all know the quality control on officially-released JLU figures has always been hit or miss. I'm very happy with the quality for the price. I'm perfectly content with my non-fiery Fire and didn't need another Booster Gold, so I'm extremely relieved right now, and thrilled to have saved some money.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next