Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1588
MisterMiracle wrote:
This is one of the 3-packs that I was looking forward to the most! I can't wait to finally get a Blue Beetle! Never thought it would happen.

This next pack doesn't include Blue Beetle. He is next month. This one is Guy/Batman/J'onn.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:47 am 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:14 pm
Posts: 1279
Location: Dayton, OH
Seriously, can we correct Guy's name in the topic line? That's just embarrassing.

_________________
Joe G.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:49 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12399
Location: College Station, TX
This pack really offers the least amount of value for all of the remaining packs. I wish they could have gotten at least a new repaint of a character in here, if not a new character all together.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:01 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1588
j1h15233 wrote:
This pack really offers the least amount of value for all of the remaining packs. I wish they could have gotten at least a new repaint of a character in here, if not a new character all together.

If they had to give us yet another Batman this might have a nice place to give us the Green Lantern version of Batman.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:48 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 1350
Ham Salad wrote:
tuning4k wrote:
And, yet again, I need 3 of them. One 'as is,' one for the Doomsday/Sinestro Ring era Guy Gardner custom and one for future fodder.


What? No "Guy Garnder: Warrior?" I'm appalled!


Which one? The black leather jacket with matching chaps Warrior or the "Sure, I'll drink the alien water. HEY! I'm like some weird Marvel's Ultimate Plastic Man now" Warrior? Actually, the first custom I ever tried as a kid was the Vuldarian Guy Gardner. I repainted a SuperPowers Green Lantern. It did not go well.

But I do plan to use the Simpson's 'Moe's Tavern' playset as his bar Warrior's for my off-duty JLU figures.

_________________
WHERE are my classic Freedom Fighter action figures?!? Uncle Sam, The Ray, Black Condor, The Human Bomb, Phantom Lady, Doll Man and Firebrand!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:09 am 
User avatar
too much stick, not enough carrot
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3414
Location: The Great Country of Texas!
Honestly, this is the pack where they should have stuck the STAS Aquaman they bumped from Toyman. It couldn't possibly have been that hard. Still looking forward to it, but that would have really hit this one out of the park for me.

_________________
Go visit the JLU Customs Wiki - you won't be disapointed!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:01 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12399
Location: College Station, TX
texgnome1 wrote:
Honestly, this is the pack where they should have stuck the STAS Aquaman they bumped from Toyman. It couldn't possibly have been that hard. Still looking forward to it, but that would have really hit this one out of the park for me.


As long as we're playing that game, Volcana should have been included as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 1350
whakojacko1976 wrote:
tuning4k wrote:
And, yet again, I need 3 of them. One 'as is,' one for the Doomsday/Sinestro Ring era Guy Gardner custom and one for future fodder.

And let's add Oberon to the list of figures I'd like Mattel to make to complete another team. I can live without Jane Fonda Workout Black Canary from the early days of the JL/JLI but Oberon is a must have.

I would have loved an Oberon JLU figure. Perhaps an Oberon/Batmite/Mr. Mxyzptlk mini 3-pack :wink:


I would buy at least 3 of this three-pack!

_________________
WHERE are my classic Freedom Fighter action figures?!? Uncle Sam, The Ray, Black Condor, The Human Bomb, Phantom Lady, Doll Man and Firebrand!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:44 am 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1267
Location: Eugene, OR
tuning4k wrote:
Which one? The black leather jacket with matching chaps Warrior or the "Sure, I'll drink the alien water. HEY! I'm like some weird Marvel's Ultimate Plastic Man now" Warrior? Actually, the first custom I ever tried as a kid was the Vuldarian Guy Gardner. I repainted a SuperPowers Green Lantern. It did not go well.

But I do plan to use the Simpson's 'Moe's Tavern' playset as his bar Warrior's for my off-duty JLU figures.


The awesome* red, shape-shifting Warrior.




* awesome = stupid

_________________
My DCAU Collection 1/30 - All 2011 JLU sets added!
DC Universe 12/15 - DC and Batman Unlimited!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:15 am 
User avatar
Editor Emeritus of SDCC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 20772
Location: San Diego, California
Joe G. wrote:
Seriously, can we correct Guy's name in the topic line? That's just embarrassing.


Done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:37 am 
3 3/4"
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:14 pm
Posts: 600
whakojacko1976 wrote:
MisterMiracle wrote:
This is one of the 3-packs that I was looking forward to the most! I can't wait to finally get a Blue Beetle! Never thought it would happen.

This next pack doesn't include Blue Beetle. He is next month. This one is Guy/Batman/J'onn.


Oh...well I'm not quite as excited then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:25 pm 
User avatar
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm
Posts: 304
I absolutely hate Guy Gardner. But I will still buy this pack to get..... Oh wait, another Batman & Martian Manhunter for $40? Uh yeah, no reason to buy this! :lol:

_________________
MATTEL JUST SUCKS!!!!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 pm 
User avatar
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2674
Location: Long Island N.Y. USA
Clayface wrote:
I absolutely hate Guy Gardner. But I will still buy this pack to get..... Oh wait, another Batman & Martian Manhunter for $40? Uh yeah, no reason to buy this! :lol:

You mean $30? Or in my case $18 in trade.

_________________
That which does not kill me............BETTER RUN DAMN FAST!
"W" JLU Static Shock, Fire (powered up) & old Volcana
MY SWAP MEET: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19728
AFi Positive Feedback: +198


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:32 pm 
Knows his stuff
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 504
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Clayface wrote:
I absolutely hate Guy Gardner. But I will still buy this pack to get..... Oh wait, another Batman & Martian Manhunter for $40? Uh yeah, no reason to buy this! :lol:

You mean $30? Or in my case $18 in trade.

I think it comes closer to $40 with the exorbitant Matty shipping fee, and there's no way around that.

_________________
My Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19930
My Blog: http://bigbadvoodoolou.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:38 pm 
User avatar
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm
Posts: 304
Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
You mean $30? Or in my case $18 in trade.

I think it comes closer to $40 with the exorbitant Matty shipping fee, and there's no way around that.


Yes, Matty's ridiculous shipping fees & the tax that they now charge comes out to over $40. I'll pass for one new figure at that price. Now that I already have Toyman & Firefly, I really don't think I will be purchasing any of these last packs. The only way I will buy any of them is if something changes & they throw in STAS Aquaman somehow. Which I doubt will happen

_________________
MATTEL JUST SUCKS!!!!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dcdadcollects, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.043s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]