Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
we all know the quality control on officially-released JLU figures has always been hit or miss..

No kidding. I already had Vandal Savage from one of these sellers but I still bought the 3 pack from Matty. The one I got from China had far better paint apps than the one I just got last week from Matty.

I'm also glad I didn't have to wait until next month to get Blue Beetle. He was the figure I wanted most and I thought I was going to have to wait until almost Dec. to get him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:23 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

For some of these 3.99 to 5.99 prices for Toyman I might buy more to make a mini evil doll army for when we get around to a 6" DCUC/ DC Unlimited/ DCIE/ or whatever the line will call itself...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:58 pm 
ABS

This guy is just great, A seller we need on ebay, and perhaps on this board;) I am wiring for the final JLU on mattycollector to assure to top standard. (Does Mattel Even Have any Standards anymore) just to show them that JLU is still in our hearts. One person can always make a difference. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I fully plan on getting collection pieces at full price. But these will make great fodder figures. (pun intended)

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 am 
AFA Graded

I just need the 4 he doesn't have.
Static
Guy Gardner
Dr.Destiny
Superman Future

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:58 am 
Cold-cast

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
we all know the quality control on officially-released JLU figures has always been hit or miss..

No kidding. I already had Vandal Savage from one of these sellers but I still bought the 3 pack from Matty. The one I got from China had far better paint apps than the one I just got last week from Matty.

I'm also glad I didn't have to wait until next month to get Blue Beetle. He was the figure I wanted most and I thought I was going to have to wait until almost Dec. to get him.

Definitely, quality control sucks with Mattel on JLU figures. These figures aren't worth $40 especially through internet purchase. It might be a little different if I had the packages in front of me & I could pick the best painted ones at retail. I won't be mad if the paint app is sloppy on my $3 figure.

princeofpop98 wrote:
This guy is just great, A seller we need on ebay, and perhaps on this board;) I am wiring for the final JLU on mattycollector to assure to top standard. (Does Mattel Even Have any Standards anymore) just to show them that JLU is still in our hearts. One person can always make a difference. :mrgreen:

I really have no idea what you are saying here, but if you mean that I should buy them from Mattel instead of the chinese sellers? I disagree completely. It's the end of the line anyway, nothing good will come out of overpaying for these figures through Mattel. Even if they said there was a small chance the line would continue, I wouldn't believe them. After all, we heard so many lies from them about what had to sell to get these final figures & many more though out the years. My pocket feels a lot heavier purchasing these from the ebay sellers & not Mattel. In the long run, that's all that matters to me. The " cause " & all the hopes & dreams of this line continuing are dead. I wasted money on extra Stripe's, 7 packs. I completely wasted money on 3 packs that I didn't even want. All for the hope of getting these final figures. Which Mattel said " nope, didn't sell out fast enough " Only for them to change their mind later because they really didn't want to lose money on the tooling/molds. So they charge us an inflated price for these poor quality figures. IMO, the 3 dollars that I paid from the chinese seller are really all these cheap toys are worth & what Mattel should be selling them for. I don't feel bad about not supporting Mattel on this. After all they really never supported us, it's always been about them & making money.

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Static
Guy Gardner
Dr.Destiny
Superman Future

Keep checking back. He had Guy Gardner & Static
about a month ago. Look at how many he lists/sells. I think the guy just has a lot of these figures & has to sort through them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:49 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Static
Guy Gardner
Dr.Destiny
Superman Future

I get the feeling that has something to do with the fact that these 4 figures all have some sort of rubber cape/coat accessory that goes with them. None of the other new figures have that. Plus if you notice the Guy figures that are up sale from China are all missing there vests. I know he has older figures with capes but not the newest ones. I suspect that most if not all of the Static, Guy, etc figures he might have in his possesion all lack their capes/coats.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:45 am 
5th Horseman

Let me know if he ever gets any of those figures from the missing 6 packs. I would go for black market versions of those guys.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 pm 
Cold-cast

whakojacko1976 wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Static
Guy Gardner
Dr.Destiny
Superman Future

I get the feeling that has something to do with the fact that these 4 figures all have some sort of rubber cape/coat accessory that goes with them. None of the other new figures have that. Plus if you notice the Guy figures that are up sale from China are all missing there vests. I know he has older figures with capes but not the newest ones. I suspect that most if not all of the Static, Guy, etc figures he might have in his possesion all lack their capes/coats.

I could have sworn I seen him sell Static & Destiny before. lFirefly has rubber wings/harness & that seller still sells him. I just got my package from china today!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24713

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I saw Dr. Destiny on Ebay today.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:28 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Clayface wrote:

I could have sworn I seen him sell Static & Destiny before. lFirefly has rubber wings/harness & that seller still sells him.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24713

Van Statten wrote:
I saw Dr. Destiny on Ebay today.

I've seen all of them on Ebay. Usually complete Guy's/Dr. Destiny's/Super-Beard's are sold one or two at a time for much higher starting prices than the rest and seem to be much fewer and further in between. I'm not saying they don't exist Ebay but I don't recall seeing this seller with any of them intact.

Good point about Firefly though. Can't remember seeing an incomplete Firefly yet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I just bought Firefly, Beetle and another Batgirl. I'll still buy the Matty packs, but for those prices, I'd like a couple of extras as a hedge against poor QC on Matty's part. My stupid future Superman's head came off. I can fix it, actually better than new, but it's still irritating. And yes, I know I can return it, but I can fix it faster and easier than returning it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:43 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I bough an extra Toyman, Vandal Savage and Firefly. They arrived yesterday and look fantastic.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 pm 
Cold-cast

I think everyone who purchased these figures from Chinese sellers owes a big thank you to Mattel. They just went from $999 to $5.99.

I have mixed feelings about these Asian sellers. On one hand, I think their presence is good for YJ fans, because the figures were not going to be produced anyways. On the other hand, you are buying stolen factory product, and are making it less and less likely that Mattel will be successful in selling anything other than Batman and Masters of the Universe on their website.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

batfink wrote:
I think everyone who purchased these figures from Chinese sellers owes a big thank you to Mattel. They just went from $999 to $5.99.
^This.
Quote:

I have mixed feelings about these Asian sellers. On one hand, I think their presence is good for YJ fans, because the figures were not going to be produced anyways. On the other hand, you are buying stolen factory product, and are making it less and less likely that Mattel will be successful in selling anything other than Batman and Masters of the Universe on their website.

^Also this.

The endless Mattal bashing gets old. It's BECAUSE of Mattel that these stolen figures are so cheap now. If you'd rather buy stolen items that's fine, but don't act like the eBay sellers are doing you some sort of favor by selling them dirt cheap now when just a few months ago they were ripping people off like crazy. You think $40 for a carded pack is bad? Try hundreds of dollars for a loose figure. Thank Mattel, not the eBay thieves.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next