Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: JLU. Hard finding packs you need?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 pm 
my tummy itches

Hey. I was just looking around to fill the gaps for my collection. I looked very far for a nip gray ghost 3 pack and have found nothing. I know batman merchandise is huge. Even in the JLU line the re release of penguin and nightwing and batgirl was even a success. Imagine how a new villain ( firefly ) plus toyman and dr destiny. I don't expect it to last a day. And the only " lead " I have on my hunt is toywiz. And no one worry. After several past experiences and warnings from you all, I am never going on that site ever again. They charge too much, shippings high and you never have a guarantee your order goes through well. Also if anyone has Amy need for any BTAS FIGURE I can help them get it. Loose or MOC. Happy hunting and long live the DCAU!

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

Post subject: Re: JLU. Hard finding packs you need?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:57 am 
Collector Inspector

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Hey. I was just looking around to fill the gaps for my collection. I looked very far for a nip gray ghost 3 pack and have found nothing. I know batman merchandise is huge. Even in the JLU line the re release of penguin and nightwing and batgirl was even a success. Imagine how a new villain ( firefly ) plus toyman and dr destiny. I don't expect it to last a day. And the only " lead " I have on my hunt is toywiz. And no one worry. After several past experiences and warnings from you all, I am never going on that site ever again. They charge too much, shippings high and you never have a guarantee your order goes through well. Also if anyone has Amy need for any BTAS FIGURE I can help them get it. Loose or MOC. Happy hunting and long live the DCAU!

ToyWiz even managed to pleeple me off in person at last year's NYCC.

Hey, can I try on that Doctor Who replica coat?
No, it's hung up too high.
Oh. So it's not for sale?
No, it's for sale.
So... can I try it on?
I just told you it's too high up and I can't reach it.
How did it get up there in the first place?
I hung it there. Look, I'm really busy right now. Give me a minute.
5 minutes later.
Soooo... Am I ever going to see the coat?
I told you it's too high up and I'm busy!

I logged on to Entertainment Earth on my iphone and bought it in front of the guy. Dick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:19 pm 
Cold-cast

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

I seriously wish you would have posted this a few days earlier. I just ripped open an extra Gray Ghost 3 pack that I had on Tuesday. I needed a couple more figures to throw in a lot I was selling to get it closer to 100 & ripped it open to throw in the Batman & joker out of that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:19 am 
Cold-cast

Here's one on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-League- ... 4abcd0c733

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:57 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

.... That will now probably go for twice what it would have since you posted in open forum. *sigh*

PM folks. PM.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Gray Ghost is hard to find? They stacked up around here. I bought an extra to customize into Wing. It's weird, though, what some people found and others didn't. In another thread someone posted about only finding one Etrigan. I bought a bunch of those, and customized some into Parademons, back before we got Parademons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 am 
Cold-cast

texgnome1 wrote:
.... That will now probably go for twice what it would have since you posted in open forum. *sigh*

PM folks. PM.

I posted the link because it has a buy it now on it. I know that I would rather just Buy something now then go through the hassle of bidding process.

Bryan Long wrote:
Gray Ghost is hard to find? They stacked up around here. I bought an extra to customize into Wing. It's weird, though, what some people found and others didn't. In another thread someone posted about only finding one Etrigan. I bought a bunch of those, and customized some into Parademons, back before we got Parademons.

I posted about Etrigan. I remember that I was Christmas shopping at Target a few days before Christmas & the toy shelves were practivally empty. There were some JLU 3 packs on the peg & when I looked through them, I was in shock. One was an orange carded Huntress pack, & the orange carded Etrigan pack which I didn't think that assortment was going to be released until after the holidays. It made my Christmas Merry! lol But I remember thinking to myself Etrigan was painted like crap, but I better buy it. Kept it sealed for awhile because I figured when I saw it again I would just buy the better painted one & return mine. Glad I bought him that day, because I never saw him again. They even re-released that 3 pack on the purple cards later on the next year. But I never saw that either.

As for Gray Ghost, that pack was everywhere in my area. When Target started marking down those final packs to get rid of them that pack was still around. I think the duplicate pack that I had was purchased at a very low clearance price.

Just goes to show you that Mattel botched up distribution on these toys even more than we may have thought. Not surprising!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:27 pm 
Knows his stuff

And I live in the same town where Bryan lives and never saw a Gray Ghost at retail!

However, he deserves credit for hunting for JLU a lot more than I did, and he had a much wider perimeter. I'm still grateful to him for hooking me up with some figures I never saw, or at least not until several months after he found them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 pm 
Cold-cast

tuning4k wrote:
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

ToyWiz even managed to pleeple me off in person at last year's NYCC.

Hey, can I try on that Doctor Who replica coat?
No, it's hung up too high.
Oh. So it's not for sale?
No, it's for sale.
So... can I try it on?
I just told you it's too high up and I can't reach it.
How did it get up there in the first place?
I hung it there. Look, I'm really busy right now. Give me a minute.
5 minutes later.
Soooo... Am I ever going to see the coat?
I told you it's too high up and I'm busy!

I logged on to Entertainment Earth on my iphone and bought it in front of the guy. Dick.

He wouldn't buy any chance be that purple haired dreadlock Andy Dick looking MF'er would he?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:56 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
I'm still grateful to him for hooking me up with some figures I never saw

You're always welcome, Lou. I'm just glad I'm not haunting Targets any more. Employees still recognize me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 am 
Collector Inspector

RumbleFish wrote:
He wouldn't buy any chance be that purple haired dreadlock Andy Dick looking MF'er would he?

No, this guy looked more like a Cat Stevens who shrunk in the wash.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:39 pm 
my tummy itches

Well I bought the pack that clayface posted the link to. I got it for 29.99 which isn't bad considering some go for 50 plus nowadays. But boy have I been busy since I last talked to you all. Bought catwoman vs batman Mattel two pack, BTAS joker, BTAS mr freeze, Insect body mr freeze, BTAS scarecrow, the adventures of batman and robin joker in suit, BTAS bane, TNBA mad hatter, TNBA joker. And the pack clayface was talking about. I have two of the joker in suit sealed if anyone wants it. PM me. I know this was said before, but wow, it is true. Batman stuff sells amazing in the JLU line. Everyone get ready. I expect the toyman pack to sell first day so be ready by december!

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:52 pm 
Cold-cast

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Well I bought the pack that clayface posted the link to. I got it for 29.99 which isn't bad considering some go for 50 plus nowadays. But boy have I been busy since I last talked to you all. Bought catwoman vs batman Mattel two pack, BTAS joker, BTAS mr freeze, Insect body mr freeze, BTAS scarecrow, the adventures of batman and robin joker in suit, BTAS bane, TNBA mad hatter, TNBA joker. And the pack clayface was talking about. I have two of the joker in suit sealed if anyone wants it. PM me. I know this was said before, but wow, it is true. Batman stuff sells amazing in the JLU line. Everyone get ready. I expect the toyman pack to sell first day so be ready by december!

I already have my Toyman & Firefly that I purchased off a Chinese seller odd ebay :D For the record..... Firefly is a terrible figure. They made him way too small

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:42 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Clayface wrote:

I already have my Toyman & Firefly that I purchased off a Chinese seller odd ebay :D For the record..... Firefly is a terrible figure. They made him way too small

Yeah he's pretty short. When I first got my package in the mail a few months ago the box it came in was so small I thought it could only contain my Toyman figure. But yep Firefly was inside there too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:12 pm 
AFA Graded

I'm making my Firefly bigger by giving him a better neck.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199