Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 pm 
Variant Head
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:33 am
Posts: 2112
Sorry have not read this whole thing something stuck out to me.who ever said something about Toy Hunter please know this Toy Hunter is full of it sorry but he has lied more then once on his show claiming to buy a DC Universe Classics Giganta off of someone who on Facebook says they did not sell it to him they just let him take pics with it in hand

_________________
Good trades with-
toychango, ian5555, BootsBailey, ashxking, an-gel sakura and lots more I have forgotten


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 pm 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 1353
Yeah, "Reality TV" is always anything but. You ever catch "Collector Internvention?" Ever see some of the reactions to the hostess saying "Let's try to sell off as much as we can"? That's because several of the participants signed up when it was called "Collection Masters," a show that was to showcase die-hard collectors and their treasure troves.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/13/ ... ervention/

Hell, even The History Channel is about as accurate as wikipedia these days.

_________________
WHERE are my classic Freedom Fighter action figures?!? Uncle Sam, The Ray, Black Condor, The Human Bomb, Phantom Lady, Doll Man and Firebrand!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm
Posts: 419
Fone Bone wrote:
But ToyGuru has actually SAID these particular toys were stolen. That's good enough for me.


Yeah, someone who is in charge of public relations for a multi billion dollar company would never lie to you :roll:

Fone Bone wrote:
So which is it? Do they have sucky security or are they duplicitous liars about what was stolen? Keep this in mind before you answer: they literally can't both be true. If you don't really care which argument you make to say Mattel sucks there is an inherent flaw in your reasoning.


I don't know 100% what is true? I don't work in the Chinese factory where these toys are produced. Do you? That's why I'm not jumping top conclusions like you are & calling someone on ebay a thief!

Fone Bone wrote:
Deplorable factory conditions and the morality of shipping jobs overseas is a good discussion to have and one I agree with. It however does NOT change the fact that these items were stolen and that although you are claiming Mattel ripped you off, you have been a party to ripping THEM off.

Seriously. Start a thread about the factory conditions of Mattel and Hasbro and elsewhere and I'll cheer you on. In this particular thread however it is neither here nor there.


Batfink brought up keeping his money in the USA because Mattel is an American company. But he's paying for product that was manufactured overseas. The only reason I even brought that up. I still see no 100% proof that these figures are stolen. Just because Toy Guru has said so? Like I said he is not a supervisor in the Chinese factory where these were made. I have to beat this to death here.... just because Toy Guru said something you will believe it like the word of God? Now you are showing how naive you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm
Posts: 419
MoMoney wrote:
Well, the only way that they wouldn't be stolen is if they were being released on-card and sold directly from MattyCollector. Even if they were put in a big box to be melted down into scrap plastic, it doesn't mean that an employee taking one isn't stealing it. Much like how it's frowned upon for you to take home a pen that your secretary bought for your office's supply cabinet or print personal documents using your company's printer, paper, and toner.

Anyway, since they're coming from a random Chinese eBay account in droves...well, if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...

But no. No, I'm sure that those kind factory supervisors gave these toys to their employees as a "thank you." Much like JLU Hal Jordan was given to the people who worked on the line in corporate.

But you're paying money for merchandise from China that you can pretty much assume have been lifted from the assembly line.


No matter what, it is all just assumptions being made. No one here in the states knows what goes on in that factory in China. Maybe it's the owner selling these & he has all the right in the world to dispose of the defective toys as he wishes. That's an assumption too, but no more outrageous than your assumption that they must be stolen because they are not on the matty site.

Technically by all of your theories..... I have a few other " stolen " figures. That were given to me by Toy Guru himself. I'm not going to elaborate right now.

MoMoney wrote:
Assuming this is true, those were likely production samples that were shipped over from the factories. I'm willing to bet that people who work in corporate get lots of samples. And corporate for Mattel is in El Segundo, CA. These items are coming directly from China. Somehow, I don't think the seller is a Mattel employee.


Maybe people who work in Chinese factories get samples also. We all know they don't get paid anything!

PBateman wrote:
Sorry have not read this whole thing something stuck out to me.who ever said something about Toy Hunter please know this Toy Hunter is full of it sorry but he has lied more then once on his show claiming to buy a DC Universe Classics Giganta off of someone who on Facebook says they did not sell it to him they just let him take pics with it in hand


I really have no idea who the Toy Hunter is, but Toy Guru & Mattel have lied to us on more than one occasion also!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:05 pm 
User avatar
Daniel Pickett
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8260
Location: So Cal
Clayface wrote:

No matter what, it is all just assumptions being made. No one here in the states knows what goes on in that factory in China. Maybe it's the owner selling these & he has all the right in the world to dispose of the defective toys as he wishes. That's an assumption too, but no more outrageous than your assumption that they must be stolen because they are not on the matty site.

Technically by all of your theories..... I have a few other " stolen " figures. That were given to me by Toy Guru himself. I'm not going to elaborate right now.
Maybe people who work in Chinese factories get samples also. We all know they don't get paid anything!



Nope. You may tell yourself these things to make yourself feel better- but these are stolen. That are factory rejects mean to be destroyed and are not to leave the factory much less be sold.

D.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:09 pm 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
Some of them are amazing for factory rejects. So I wonder if some are just taken right off the line?

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:50 pm 
Knows his stuff
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 573
Fone Bone wrote:
From the guide "So You've Decided To Steal Cable" (with apologies to The Simpsons): "Mattel is just a big faceless corporation so that makes it okay!"

Simpsons quote for the win!

_________________
I turn my back on you for two seconds, and suddenly you're 80 years old and covered in robots!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:12 pm 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
Clayface wrote:
No matter what, it is all just assumptions being made. No one here in the states knows what goes on in that factory in China. Maybe it's the owner selling these & he has all the right in the world to dispose of the defective toys as he wishes. That's an assumption too, but no more outrageous than your assumption that they must be stolen because they are not on the matty site.

Since that product doesn't belong to the factory - but to Mattel - I have my doubts that the factory can just do whatever they want with scraps. The factory owns the machinery and the labor, but the raw materials and everything made with those materials belongs to the company, not the vendor. These kinds of issues are worked out in contracts, and I'm sure that Mattel has language in their contacts that state specifically what is to be done with product that is defective, not acceptable, test shots, etc. DC Comics and Mattel care about their properties too much to be less than specific on what to do with product that isn't up to snuff.

Clayface wrote:
Technically by all of your theories..... I have a few other " stolen " figures. That were given to me by Toy Guru himself. I'm not going to elaborate right now.

If you had bothered to read my entire post, you'd see that I said product that comes from an actual Mattel employee - something that a random factory worker from China is not - isn't stolen (unless, of course, said employee obtained it from a random Chinese factory worker).

Clayface wrote:
Maybe people who work in Chinese factories get samples also. We all know they don't get paid anything!

Yep, that's how it works in a Communist/socialist government like China. Free samples for everyone.

Van Statten wrote:
Some of them are amazing for factory rejects. So I wonder if some are just taken right off the line?

I'm sure they are.

I've bought two of the figures myself - a GLC Star Sapphire and a TRU Renegade Nightwing (before he was announced as coming). He was in perfect condition. Star Sapphire had two right fists. I did it, and I can admit it's wrong. No one is going to actually get in trouble for it, but the behavior is most definitely out of compliance with the contracts that Mattel (or any company) has with its vendor(s).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:47 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1873
JuliusMarx wrote:
Nope. You may tell yourself these things to make yourself feel better- but these are stolen. That are factory rejects mean to be destroyed and are not to leave the factory much less be sold.

D.

This should settle the debate.

I'm pretty sure you covered this before but we keep having threads pop up on overseas sellers with people insisting they they aren't buying stolen goods and that the factory owners let the eBay sellers take home the toys from the goodness of their hearts.

I guess Mattel is malicious and evil but those eBay thieves? Salt of the Earth types who just want to bring joy to their children by immediately selling their crap on eBay. Makes total sense. Mattel Derangement Syndrome strikes again.

_________________
"I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Mooooo! Think I'll chew me some cud!" - Smiley Bone a.k.a. The Mystery Cow.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 pm 
User avatar
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1972
Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
j1h15233 wrote:
This is the most ridiculous thread we've had here in a while.

Yeah I was actually okay with it for for a while, but it went downhill fast, lol.
So... anyone for shawarma? ;)

D.

_________________
Coming soon, a DCAU Figure Reference Guide... pictures, stats, and more, coming soon to a website near you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:01 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:29 pm
Posts: 1541
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
I'm still confused as to why the Chinese are a minority :?

HAHA Yes Shawarma!!! I want to try that after seeing the movie but to be honest looks like a Gyro.

_________________
“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.” Thomas Jefferson

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:18 am 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
Ever notice we rarely ever see Hasbro figures like this? Okay that's not true, I saw a Wal-Mart Avengers Iron Man from out of China but that was the only one from that line. And I see a lot of Star Wars figures from China but I couldn't tell you if they were early or already out on the shelves.

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:19 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12566
Location: College Station, TX
ian5555 wrote:
I'm still confused as to why the Chinese are a minority :?

HAHA Yes Shawarma!!! I want to try that after seeing the movie but to be honest looks like a Gyro.


If anyone in this world is NOT a minority, it's the Chinese.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:46 am 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
j1h15233 wrote:
ian5555 wrote:
I'm still confused as to why the Chinese are a minority :?

HAHA Yes Shawarma!!! I want to try that after seeing the movie but to be honest looks like a Gyro.


If anyone in this world is NOT a minority, it's the Chinese.

With what... three to four people for our every one? :lol:

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:57 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
I just want to pat myself on the back for staying out of this one.

:wink:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.050s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]