Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: JLU Firefly & Casmir's sculpt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 pm 
Cold-cast

When I didn't think Firefly was coming out I purchased Casmir sculpt casted by Stew. A day later mattel announced that they were going to release all the last packs & include Dr Destiny & Firefly. I tried to contact Stew & choose a different cast but he already shipped my order out. I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed & felt I was wasting $45.00 on Firefly & $35.00 for Toyman. Because after all we all would much rather have the real figure then a resin cast & now it was announced that they were coming out. Well I have the real Toyman figure & still wasted money on that cast. :lol: But that opinion changed for the cast of Firefly now that I have the actual mattel Firefly figure in my possession. I'm not disappointed at all that I bought the cast of Casmir's Firefly. Had I paid $40 from matty for the 3 pack in December with Firefly in it, just to get him. I would have been very disappointed when I received it. IMO they really just ,made him way too small. I realize he is smaller in stature, but my JLU Batman figure towers over him. He is way too small to blend with my JLU figures let alone why I wanted him. I was buying him to try & blend in with my BTAS toys. The small Tim Drake Robin figure from that line is almost as tall as him. So he would look pretty stupid in my display case. I am glad that I only paid a few dollars for the actual Firefly figure.

So thanx Casmir & Stew for actually making a decent size Firefly to go with my collection. Mattel dropped the ball on this one big time!

Post subject: Re: JLU Firefly & Casmir's sculpt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:42 pm 
Damage Control

Ha! Thanks, man! I'm sure I speak for Stew, as well, when I say we appreciate your kind words and enthusiasm. Let's see some pics of one or both on your shelves!

C.

Post subject: Re: JLU Firefly & Casmir's sculpt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:14 pm 
Cold-cast

I just remembered where I put that Firefly today. I realized mattel was releasing him, I packed the pieces away when I got them. Once I saw how small the real mattel figure is, I decided to dig out the cast because I could have swore he was bigger. I was correct :D But I still need to paint him & put him together. Once I get that done, I will show some pics