Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: JLU Help Needed-package numbers- just Batplane/Clear MM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:53 am 
serves the Otter

Reviving an oooold question thread. Many thanks to everyone who helped. I got one more missing package number. Bizarro (single carded from the fan collection) Anyone got his?

It's the number just above the Mattel logo on his cardback.

Post subject: Re: JLU Help Needed-package numbers-any1 know Bizarro single
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:02 pm 
shirtless hugger

I don't know how I missed this thread the first few times. I have all the packaging from every Justice League and JLU toy. I could have easily answered all your questions, Christophe.

I have the card-back for the single Bizarro, but I'll have to dig it out of storage. I'll see if I can locate it...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:19 am 
Knows his stuff

Haven't posted on AFI in soooo long! But I JUST saw my Bizarro single (I only bought 1 for my MIB collection because I didn't realize he was corrected w/ GREY skin also. I wish BIG LOTS had him for $2.00 back in the day!

I'm running to go get Bizarro right now! I was going to move & my over 1,000 JLU figures were packed up & I know right where a bag with MIB Bizarro, Black Suit Superman, Batman & Wonder pig & some other one is I think! BRB

DCU: Orange Carded BIZARRO Single: N3885
N3885-0910 H Asst.N3877

*took me 1 minute to find the 1 & only MIB Single Biarro I have in what I sadly believe is the BIGGEST JLU Personal Collection in the USA, (I'm sure Chinese Sellers from Ebay have bigger collections!) My JLU-OCD was SO Bad. I don't have the most comprehensive JL & JLU collection as I skipped so many Variants of the JL main 7 & quite a few JLU SM, BM, GL & Flash variants. Oh & the 1 WW w/ the red cape & giant gold crossbow! I'm sadly missing the Watchtower, JL Batplane & variant Slimed GRUNDY. I was thinking of making a listing of my loose & carded JLU collection on here to try to have some people's guesses as to how much it could be Worth $$$. I don't want people to think it is a bragging thing so I haven't done so, but it wouldn't be....It wold be more of a: how much $$$ can I make back if I let go of this completely out of control collection of well over 1,000 JL & JLU figures! It was literal OCD but I finally got sick of Matty's crap & literally skipped getting even 1 MIB future SM & VANDAL SAVAGE 3-pk. for $40.00. Just 2 loose (yeah I'll call it that) VANDALS of Ebay for $10.00.

Well If you need any help figuring out any #s lmk! Hope this helped! Still looking for loose CYBER TRAKKER ROBOTS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:56 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Just out of curiosity ...

How can you say you think you have the largest JLU collection in the US if you are missing so many pieces and variants?

What am I missing?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:06 am 
Aspires to be #1

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

How can you say you think you have the largest JLU collection in the US if you are missing so many pieces and variants?

What am I missing?

I've got to agree with that. If you skipped a lot of the variants, then you wouldn't have the biggest collection unless you bought multiples of everything else. Besides, there was a guy on here when I first came to the site who had every JLU figure MOC and bought 4 of each. He may have even bought 5 to have one that was loose. I can't remember.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:40 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Yeah, I remember seeing pics of that collection. That was a lot of JLU.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:42 am 
Aspires to be #1

ian5555 wrote:
Yeah, I remember seeing pics of that collection. That was a lot of JLU.

It was. I tried looking for his pics but I couldn't find the ones where he had all the packaged multiples on the site. I always wondered if he kept up the collection to the end. I haven't seen him on the site in years.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:53 am 
categorically opposed

Not to mention that since, outside of about 5-7 figures, most of them go for less than retail on eBay, so you probably invested way more money in the line than you could realistically make back.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:56 am 
Brand Manager

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

What am I missing?

It could still be large, just not complete. Two different things. Plus, I remember JLU-4-Me buying insane amounts of 4-packs, over and over.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 am 
serves the Otter

JLU-4-me. Many thanks man. That's a slot that's been a looooong time waiting to be filled.
http://dchallofjustice.wikia.com/wiki/C ... ion#Wave_2

Ham Salad, many thanks as well. You've been a tremendous help through the years.
In case anyone's wondering I'm using the package numbers as labels for all the JLU packages in the archive, because they don't consistently have package titles.

Going over the archive I'm still missing

Justice League Batplane
Justice League 10" Rotocast Batman/green Lantern 2-pack
Justice League 10" Rotocast Superman/Flash 2-pack
DCSH 10" Rotocast Aquaman (yellow card)
DCSH 10" Rotocast Martian Manhunter clear (purple card)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:29 am 
Knows his stuff

As I said I do not have the most comprehensive JL & JLU collection. Whay I mean by that is I would never want all those Main 7 repacks just to get the Action Feature type weapons because I'm considering my collection complete when I have all the characters & certain variants like for example Superman Beyond or Ryan Choi Atom.

I guess I shouls have stated I probably have one of the biggest personal JLU collections when it comes to the numbers. I have been lucky to have many multiples of some of the JLU toys that are fetching some good $$$, BUT I haven't sold any JLU since someone talked me into selling one of my Volcana MIB packs on Ebay & it went for the starting bid @ $60.00 + S/H. I of course still have 2 Loose Volcana figures & 2 MIB 3-pks,, but if I was gonna sell it @ all I wish I waited.

The reason i speculated i have the biggest (VOLUME wise) personal JLU Collection is simple; who in their right mind other than me (OCD) would have some many "back-ups" of the same figures, way before ever knowing some of them would be anymore valuable then any of the others (which isn't very much)! It's just a crazy mentality, I love JLU so I have to have more, more means you don't run out. I have completely got sick of all the Matty crap & for the 1st time did not buy a Vandal Savage pack. I didn't really want Future Superman at all (could pick dozens & dozens of other DC characters before that figure) & I was only happy Vandal Savage was made for 1 reason.... I really was honestly happy for everybody who was rooting for him to be made for all the years I've been following this site. I was really excited even though I would of rather had any LOD member like Crowbar or Tatoo Man. I know that sounds crazy but I actually play w/ my loose JLU collection w/ my 2 nephews (my daughter & niece are too grown up now to "play w/ toys") & having someone who looks cool, or gimmicky even, that is in the Secret Society is better for playing with the kids! It's way more fun having storylines where it's really just a new ambush from the large Secret Society against the JL or (mostly) the JLU again & again. The boys are almost 10 & 8, we like the BIG battles!

So I'm sorry if I made it sound like i really knew i had the largest JLU collection (# of figures wise) it's just the largest collection i ever knew of was just 3 of each 3-pack, singles, 4-pks., & 6pks. (don't know about the 7 pack as this was years ago now) & NO losse figures @ all. I regretfully sold 1 of my Volcana MIB 3-pks. to him via Ebay. I only ran the auction because as a novice seller on ebay I didn't make any $ on my 1st auction & made a few dollars @ most on my 2nd auction (Mattel BATMAN figure lot). So I put up 1 of my 3 MIB Volcana 3-pks. at a starting bid of $60.00 + S/H to make sure i made at least some profit, & i did..... but I wish I kept it! Eventually I'll do something w/ this thing, & I might break even on what was spent if I sold most of it all seperate auctions, which would be a HUGE undertaking. **I just thought someone on here w/ both knowledge on JLU product/prices & Ebay selling to maximize profit, could give me an idea of what I could make back.

Now as for the whole theory of not even making whay I spent on it. Here's a tid bit that makes that very valid point O.K. in my book; *I paid for maybe 1/3 of my ENTIRE JLU collection @ the very most. I was getting JLU bought for me by a friend whenever i'd cart him around to all the stores (he didn't drive & loved shopping A LOT!). When that stopped I found that my spending was very much covered by my Ex w/ a VERY high paying job & just pays my auction wins & Matty Collector orders every month w/ everything else on the American Express. So It would be almost ALL Profit for me. But OCD makes it VERY hard to part w/ it.... but there is SO MUCH & I could always add to my "nest Egg" (I joking call it because it's barely a "ne__" let alone a Nest Egg). So there's the sorted truth, as I may not have 8 of the Superman repaints or the same Superman w/ all his different gimmicks & weapons, I have 42 Parademons, 22 Manhunter Robots, 18 OMACs, 4 of each Matty 4-pk., 4 Gigantas, 15 Galateas (we never got Ultimen clones so....), @ least 2 of every NEW CHARACTER 3-packs/Singles (many more than 2 of) -minus all "BAD 3-pks" (ex. No Flash/Green Arrow/Starman or No TRINITY 3-pks., only 1 opened Orion/Darkseid/ Mr. Miracle 3=pks., ect..) . Also have 3-4 of each 6-pack released, 4 of the Final 7-pks., 5- Kalibaks/Darkseids, It just SICKLY goes on & on & I probably can't imagine how much money it would be If I auctioned off everything but my loose collection, Rarer BTAS figures, 3 Solomon Grundy's, & keep 1 of each MIB pack (but keep 2 of Volcana pack MIB, SECRE SOCIETY Grood purple, Secret society 2, & Legends of the League packs). When I went ARMY BUILDERS CRAZY..... I never imagined how many I didn't even OPEN! I only opened 12 Parademons, 14 manhunter Robots, & 10 Omacs, ect.

So I should have never brought it up, but I was just hoping for GUESTimates for the stuff if i listed it, because If I don't SEE what kind of $$$ it could POTENTIALLY bring in.... I'll probably sell them too late when nobody will care about JLU anymore but us die-hards at AFI. OK, well almost everyone left already! Jees, it's 5:45am & I'm RAMBLING & have class in a couple hours so i have to go, cuz you guys know I'll go on, & on, &........