Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: DCIE NYCC news
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:15 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Zero interest in Captain Marvel Jr. So if anyone wants him from my sub, put your bids in now. He's yours at (or maybe even below) cost.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:17 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

alcinde4 wrote:
Zero interest in Captain Marvel Jr. So if anyone wants him from my sub, put your bids in now. He's yours at (or maybe even below) cost.

Depends if I can snag him from my usual sources :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:12 pm 
5" Scale

OK, thanks to someone over at AFT I found out that isn't Red Hood, but Mr. Toxic. Who apparently is going to be a villain in the new 52 Universe(If not already). I'm really hoping he looks closer to the picture below by the time it is mailed out to me. If not, Matty's going to have big brass balls to ask me to take a 3rd leap of faith with another sub if he's part of that. I'm hoping MoMoney is correct in his assessment of the situation :?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:35 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The_Donster wrote:
OK, thanks to someone over at AFT I found out that isn't Red Hood, but Mr. Toxic.

Nope. Red Hood. Scott calls him by name in this video Masked Avenger shot (it's near the end at about the 0:55 mark)...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:38 pm 
MINT!

Sorry but that is a costume of the Red hood...not Mr. Toxic...any Google search will show you that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 pm 
5" Scale

Justice Freak wrote:
Sorry but that is a costume of the Red hood...not Mr. Toxic...any Google search will show you that.

OK, gotta ask. Has the forum been taken over by a bunch of smart asses lately? Sorry about my mistake, but there is a more tactful way to get your point across. Interestingly enough I took your advice and did a google web and then a google image search for both Batman Red Hood and Red Hood. Funny thing, it doesn't pop up until the bottom page 4 on the first search and the 3rd on the latter. So it was easy for that member and my myself to make that mistake. So the next time you want to pop up, think about it first and show a little respect for your fellow members, ok?

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:46 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

On TNI.com they have a picture of the release dates up to September,but missing a August release.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:55 am 
MINT!

The_Donster wrote:
Justice Freak wrote:

OK, gotta ask. Has the forum been taken over by a bunch of smart asses lately? Sorry about my mistake, but there is a more tactful way to get your point across. Interestingly enough I took your advice and did a google web and then a google image search for both Batman Red Hood and Red Hood. Funny thing, it doesn't pop up until the bottom page 4 on the first search and the 3rd on the latter. So it was easy for that member and my myself to make that mistake. So the next time you want to pop up, think about it first and show a little respect for your fellow members, ok?

Image Image

Sorry if you took it that way, it's not the way it was intended to be.

I'm a little offended by you using language like that toward people on the forum because you misunderstood my intentions and shows little respect on your part towards people's input and opinions.

And that's all I have to say regarding the matter. Case closed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:55 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

The_Donster wrote:
OK, thanks to someone over at AFT I found out that isn't Red Hood, but Mr. Toxic. Who apparently is going to be a villain in the new 52 Universe(If not already). I'm really hoping he looks closer to the picture below by the time it is mailed out to me. If not, Matty's going to have big brass balls to ask me to take a 3rd leap of faith with another sub if he's part of that. I'm hoping MoMoney is correct in his assessment of the situation :?

Your first mistake was going to AFT.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:05 am 
categorically opposed

Welp, the speculation about Red Hood being in Batman Unlimited can be stopped. He's listed on a placecard as being June's DCIE figure.

June - Red Hood
July - Huntress
September - Freddy Freeman

Interesting that they don't have an August figure listed. Could it be someone badass that they're trying to hold off on revealing until Toy Fair?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:28 am 
Resin

If I wanted a Red Hood figure, he should be in a tux, just like the JLU version. I am totally unfamiliar with this design, and who ever even asked for it? This is why I don't like blindly giving money to Mattel, because they take advantage of you by giving you things that no one wanted just so they can make a buck and force you to buy something you wouldn't have bought otherwise. There are lots of other characters or even Red Hood designs that would have been more appropriate than this. This choice is a bit of a middle finger to me.

This has been a really disappointing NYCC. :?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 am 
Resin

The_Donster wrote:
Funny thing, it doesn't pop up until the bottom page 4 on the first search and the 3rd on the latter.

That's because it was a terrible design that only showed up in a few flash-in-the-pan comics.

GoldBlade6 wrote:
who ever even asked for it?

No one. Ever.

I'm going to try and send mine back for a refund. I don't want Mattel to make a cent off of me for this atrocity.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:51 am 
shirtless hugger

I'm looking forward to the Red Hood figure. I prefer that design to the 'leather jacket and jeans' look, and I really enjoyed those issues of Batman & Robin.

To each his own, I suppose.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:47 am 
Wonderdog

Definitely not my favorite look for the Red Hood. I know Frank Quitely was trying to put his own spin on the looks of the bat-book characters when he came up with the original version, but it's a miss imo. But in the interest of full disclosure I have to say I'm not a fan of Jason's resurrection, of the New 52 "Red Hood and the Outlaws" book, or of the current biker jacket look. I noticed that in this month's Batman #13
Spoiler: show
they revived the original tux and helmet look when Joker returns and puts Harley in it as his stand-in.

Why the powers that be decided that this character merits a figure when there are so many others that we've been craving is a mystery. It would almost have made more sense if they HAD done Mr. Toxic. (Not really, no....)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 am 
MINT!

August will be Flashpoint Plastic Man :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next