Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty 10/15/12: How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 am 
Brand Manager

alcinde4 wrote:
MoMoney wrote:
Really can't believe that all of those All Stars sold out already. They've been available from places like BBTS for months now.

I think the cheaper price on Matty is what helped the All Stars sell out quickly, even though they've been available elsewhere. I only wanted Batman from that group, so I'll have to try Amazon I guess.

Shop.Mattel.Com also had them for $14.99, and their shipping costs are way less. I even mentioned it last week (when I was comparing Mattycollector to Shop.Mattel); so I'm kinda surprided people decided to go with Matty.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:58 am 
4" scale

Maybe Frosta didn't sell out so quickly because of the forearm/wrist issue. It wasn't really a deal-breaker for me so I'm glad to be getting her in my sub.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 am 
Mint on Card

I couldn't get on for about 15 minutes and had the WSOD. Weird thing is I got in and then a survey thing popped up I declined to do the survey and I had to wait a few more minutes..LAME!

I finally got in was able to order the Guy Gardner JLU 3-pack (woo hoo), Poison Ivy, and finally was able to pick up a King Grayskull figure.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:06 am 
Brand Manager

WSOD for 5 minutes, and them I was able to get Red Robin (Kingdom Come designs rocks), Superman, Elastigirl and Gradner 3-pack, right before some of them sold out.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 am 
Cold-cast

It sucked for me, i was on wsod for ever even though i got in fast. I have always wondered if the WSOD prefers windows over macs. As for the new 52 all stars, i'm not a fan and definitely would not buy unseen considering their paint apps/qc really suck. If i ever see them in stores, i will decide then, if not no loss. I'm trying to distance myself from mattel, its a difficult fight for sure but i'm so sick of their crap. But agree with all the comments, i am shocked they sold so fast considering all the online options that were and are available. I assume the price had something to do with it. Got what i needed though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:31 am 
Aspires to be #1

Two Guy packs coming my way. No problems at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

WSOD for about 20 minutes, the longest I've ever had to wait. Still, picked up Rattlor, Frosta, Cy-Chop, Battle Armor He-Man, and Trapjaw.

I'll be thrilled when my MOTUC sub starts in 2013 to avoid these delays.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 am 
Displays Backwards

Man, I really don't care for this crazy scalper rush in the first hour and then figures flooding Ebay for jacked up prices. It's just not fun. That Poison Ivy looked pretty cool, but I had already decided I was fine with the Alex Ross Ivy I already have.

So I just bought the JLU 3-pack, which has it's jacked up price already built in - no scalpers necessary!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:48 am 
shirtless hugger

After all of the discussion here, and even after reading reminders this morning, I forgot about the sale until about 1:30 Eastern. Since all I wanted was JLU Guy, no problem. Done in less than two minutes. I'm glad that's all I wanted though -- those "sold out" tags on everything startled me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 am 
Knows his stuff

RrrrrRRrrrrRRRRrr!

I've tried multiple credit cards, multiple browsers, multiple computers, created a whole new account, and even called Digital River customer service (where the guy asked ME how he could log out the previous person he helped over the phone!?!?), all to no avail. "Payment Authorization Failed" every single time, and we're into the double digits by now.

--L

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:18 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I mainly wanted Red Robin from the site, and he was gone right away. I have been checking Amazon and shop.mattel, but he was always either out of stock, or in stock on Amazon only through their marketplace so it was like $30 plus shipping.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Now Frosta is "Almost Gone".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 am 
shirtless hugger

Lou, I just PM'ed you. Let me know if you need me to grab one for you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:56 am 
Wonderdog

took about 15 mins to log in once I had a 3pack in my cart.

prolly all you crazy MOTU people. :x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
RrrrrRRrrrrRRRRrr!

I've tried multiple credit cards, multiple browsers, multiple computers, created a whole new account, and even called Digital River customer service (where the guy asked ME how he could log out the previous person he helped over the phone!?!?), all to no avail. "Payment Authorization Failed" every single time, and we're into the double digits by now.

--L

The same thing is happening to me. I have been unable to complete my transaction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next