Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel never ceases to amaze me!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Did she fall on a soft couch? I hear that is worst possible thing that you can do to JLU figures and they just can't handle the impact. I decided to not take any chances and have moved all my JLU far far away from soft couches :D

Of all figures for that to happen to though, tough luck man :(

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Clayface wrote:
2004-05 May have been when you started collecting, but the line started years earlier than that. Look at your packaging from series one of the original seven with those stands if you proof.

Anyway, did you read my post above? What more do I have to say about not continuing to buy them & I even elaborated why. Secondly that's not what this thread is about anyway. I'm just trying to keep the crap figures that I have from randomly breaking. Which is tough because the slightest change in temperate & these things just basically start to droop or fall apart. I get annoyed when a toy I have on display just randomly falls apart & then I have to hunt out a replacement. Which lead me to this.... Third, I fixed her, but the figures that I do have I want to be unbroken. So I just want to replace this version Wonder Woman figure with an undamaged one.

You're the one who decided to change the topic by posting this smart comment

j1h15233 wrote:
That's what you'll get when the rejects go in the packaging and the real figures walk out of the door for ebay accounts.

Yeah, I'm really sure that's how it happens....... the chinese factory workers sneak all the good ones out the door just so they can sell them on ebay & package up all the defects :roll: I really do hope you were just being sarcastic

One, the main 7 came out in what, 2003? The real line picked up in 2004 I believe. It didn't become unlimited until 2008. 2007 is earlier in the line.

Two, the figures on eBay are stolen and everyone raves about how good the paint is on theirs. What do you think is happening when the good figures walk out the door?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:31 pm 
5" Scale

Good god J1H, put your purse away :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:33 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The_Donster wrote:
Good god J1H, put your purse away :roll:

:P I just choked on my soda... God that was great!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:48 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Clayface wrote:
Dusty wrote:
She also came in the TRU exclusive 7-pack featuring the main 7. T'was/t'is a cool pack I actually still have sealed, (I wish Mattel would have done more cool Packs like that for TRU.) But eh, they didn't, their loss. ;)

D.

The figures in the Toys R us pack were made much cheaper than their earlier renditions. I bought the pack, opened it so I could display all the original 7 without the knee & elbow joints. Those figures were literally made out of a soft rubber compound. Their legs were like rubber bands.

Hmmm, I bought 2 of those packs, and I remember they seemed to be the same quality as past releases, but whateverz, ;)

j1h15233 wrote:
One, the main 7 came out in what, 2003? The real line picked up in 2004 I believe. It didn't become unlimited until 2008. 2007 is earlier in the line.

Two, the figures on eBay are stolen and everyone raves about how good the paint is on theirs. What do you think is happening when the good figures walk out the door?

Also the JL line was 2003-2004 then it became unlimited in early 2005 I believe....

...And hey gang, I have a great Idea... let's get back on topic and keep it civil, let's all just get along, k? :)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:27 pm 
Cold-cast

j1h15233 wrote:
That's what you'll get when the rejects go in the packaging and the real figures walk out of the door for ebay accounts.

Clayface wrote:
Yeah, I'm really sure that's how it happens....... the chinese factory workers sneak all the good ones out the door just so they can sell them on ebay & package up all the defects :roll: I really do hope you were just being sarcastic

j1h15233 wrote:

The original 7 besides Hawkgirl came out in late 2002. So nearly 5 years later is when the Toys R us exclusive pack came out. That's pretty much half way into the line & mattel started going lower quality on plastic.

Now most of you may not remember as vividly as I do because I am pretty particular about things. All my other figures were 5 points of articulation besides Batman, Superman, GL, & MM. I wanted them all to match. I figured the easy way to get the original 7 all at once was to get the Toys R us exclusive pack. Unfortunately that didn't work out because those figures were made so cheap. So I had to hunt down earlier versions of those figures that had 5 points of articulation. Because as I stated earlier when I bought a 3 pack that had duplicate figures, I either gave them to my girlfriends kid or threw them out.

I've seen some really terrible paint jobs on Toyman from resellers on the states.So I just got lucky when I got my Toyman & Firefly that they weren't too bad. Just like purchasing on Matty, Oh but wait I paid $3.99 a piece instead of $40 for that 3 pack. Definitely sounds like a great deal to me for a junk figure :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:35 pm 
Cold-cast

princeofpop98 wrote:
I feel your pain, a few years back, my Volcana's head fell off. I almost cried. :oops:

Sorry to hear that, man. My pain is nowhere near as bad as yours. My Wonder Woman is going to cost about $3 to replace since she is pretty much a common. The pain is going to be finding one that is painted like I feel is acceptable with the good eye application. Your figure is anywhere from $80 to $200 depending on how many people are bidding at the time. :( I did the smart thing IMO. I got rid of my Volcana for $100 on ebay before the head fell off & just bought a head cast from Stew. I seriously thought that I was going to regret selling the original afterwards, but I never did. She was a terrible looking figure to begin with if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:59 am 
Aspires to be #1

When I said unlimited, I meant that they could get to characters from anywhere in the DC Universe. That didn't happen until right when I started with the line.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 am 
Aspires to be #1

Also, JLU toys did not start in 2002. They began in 2003 and by 2004, there were only 10 different characters.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:45 am 
Wonderdog

Van Statten wrote:
That Abin Sur head scar is disturbing.

Hal and Abin Sur crash land on a planet where apes are intelligent and humans are mute. The apes capture Abin and cut out his brain to do testing on it.

Damn dirty apes. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm 
Knows his stuff

OK other than Volcana's head falling off, I have the worse JLU accident or attempted suicide!

My nephews & I were playing JLU & I had opened a bunch of new figures for the occasion. I had a friend since Kindergarten stop by in the middle of the heated battle. As she walked by my "soft" couch her purse swept 4-5 figures off the couch's arm (I know should of been on the cushion).

I had opened 5 of my Parademon 2-packs & there were heroes all over my soft couch battling them. (Groups of Manhunters/OMACs/Secret Society/Parademons are frequent JLU "episodes" at my house)!

Of the 3-4 figures to fall from the soft couch arm to my rugged living floor, only 1 broke. It wasn't the 2-3 Parademons....It was STAS AQUAMAN!,

When my friend Kelly saw me freaking out a bit, she said she would go to the store & buy me a new 1. I told her I called a dozen Targets everyday & only 1 single Aquaman/Big Barda case ever came even remotely near me. I explained how I had to drive 1hr. 45mins. each way to Albany (East Greenbush) to finally get him. I never had another sighting & I continued to call the 8 or so Targets in both directions until it was clear that Case was never to return.

Needless to say, he is still broken, His leg peg actually broke so I couldn't just pop it back in. I haven't broken down & glued it in place because if I meet a JLU customizer, I'm assuming he can put/drill something into both the upper leg & torso enabling full movement. That's my dream at least! I wanted to post a picture of this problem since it happened, but I have no idea how to take a cell phone pic & get it here on AFI (or anywhere else on the inter-web lol)!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:16 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

There ought to be some sort of "JLU Lemon Law".

OK technically that already exist.

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:19 pm 
Knows his stuff

For EVERYTHING ELSE in this THREAD.............................. (this only applies to a select few)

1. There is TOO MUCH complaing for the sake of STIRING S##T UP! If you want to vent fine, but doing it repeatedly knowing you WILL start another arguement that always plays out the same is just LAME!

2. There has always been just a couple of people that eagerly lay in WAIT with bated breath to JUMP in & argue with posters who are NOT going to change their minds even after hearing your points (whether valid or not), so why not RESTRICT yourselfs to 1 snarky comment & leave it @ that.

3. I can honestly say I have complained plenty about Mattel's misteps with the JLU line, but never ever said I did not LOVE this line. In fact, I wanted (still do) this line to continue & that's why Mattel's decisions were so aggravating. If I hated the "crap" figures for years though, I would have STOPPED Collecting them or B####ing about it by now.

4. I LOVE the JLU Toy line. It is my favorite toyline since my childhood toys, & the ONLY action figures that got me back into collecting since Marvel's Famous Covers Series & Playmate's mego-ish Star Trek figures. ***BUT...................................................................
*I have NEVER seen a MAJOR mainstream action figure line have QC Problems like I've seen in the JLU line. I remember seeing so many HORRIBLE Paint jobs in 3-pk. after 3-pk.. I have always looked at all toy lines as far as action figures, & I can't believe the huge amount of JLU product I would never buy just do to the extremely terrible paint apps. *That being said, I still LOVE this line enough to buy it IN Spite of it's many drawbacks & QC issues. I am a HUGE JLU fan, but NOT blind! No other toyline I can remember had even close to those horrible QC Paint issues! But I see more good than bad anyday! Oh, also the plastic Mattel used with earlier figures is SO much stronger & sturdier it's not even funny. Still I loved all the NEW Gummi-Characters anyways! I'd rather have more new figures at this quality (w/ LOWER Prices) than see JLU end btw.

JLU IS STURDY as ####! ***I've been giving these JLU figures figs. to my niece & nephews to play with since they were 2 years old. Now I quickly figured out that 5 POA is the WAY 2 Go w/ JLU! The 9 POA broke FREQUENTLY. Oh & the female figures after Hawkgirl & WW are not so Sturdy, Many of them have loose heads & like the pictures on the last page I learned Don't EVER turn a HAWKGIRLS head, that's why I need another Justice Lords Hawkgirl myself! (Oh the thanagar & Yellow track suit HG's are probablly fine to turn).

5. There has always been only a couple of people on here who Do NOT LIKE JLU. I can think of 2 or 3 people who LOVED to talk about JLU being DEAD or OVER for years! Well eventually they would be right....it just took a couple extra years of declaring the END. Now I used to get annoyed at these poster's readiness to pounce! They would post their same feelings about the line over & over agin & obviously took great joy in popping people's balloons of optimism. I wondered why they just kept coming in the JLU threads to say the same thing over & over, especially because they either did not collect JLU or only a select few figures of a character they liked.

5b. NOW the new annoyance is that 1 or 2 posters want to start the same arguement over & over! If you hate Mattel, or JLU's quality or Price's or plastic or whatever that is fine. Your opinion is valid. But can we CALL the ASPCA, because there has been some brutal DEAD HORSE Beaters on AFI.

In other words, NO 1 here needs to turn everything into the same old arguement with the same factions. I stopped posting & coming here for awhile because there was NO more JLU news, sightings, hopefulness or POLLS anymore. But I find myself getting MAD @ myself everytime I end up reading all there threads that never stay on topic, or threads DESIGNED to make a statement knowing EXACTLY what comes next.

Everyone should post their personal opinions, but remember you are usually not going to change anyone's mind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Clayface wrote:
The original 7 besides Hawkgirl came out in late 2002. So nearly 5 years later is when the Toys R us exclusive pack came out. That's pretty much half way into the line & mattel started going lower quality on plastic.

Not trying to cause a big argument but...
The JL figures came out in January 2003 no earlier. Plus Julius was one of the first individuals to get them so he could confirm, (if he wanted) lol. :wink: Sorry I just had to post that, I don't know why... ;) And I agree with the above post quite a bit, I think we should just let this thread die, and Clayface you can possibly get a WW in the Swap Meet Forum or through PM's... sound good? :) (okay so the next comment isn't aimed just at you sir Clayface, but to all.) I just don't see any point of this thread aside from people arguing and what not. We are all friends who like collectibles so let's all be nice and not argue and get a heated discussion going when it is most definitely not needed. How about it gang? :)

Edit: I just realized I practically started an argument with you Clayface, lol.

D.

Last edited by Dusty on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:40 pm 
Knows his stuff

Oh, 1 more thing:

I'm NOT saying the actualy CHINA based Ebay SELLERS of JLU themselves have stolen anything!

That being said, I found it strange that my recent JLU buys from such CHINA based Sellers came from 2 different Suites in the same building, from 2 different Ebay SELLER ID's, & were shipped (2 seperate packages), traveled & recieved all at the same exact time. ??? I never pictured these Sellers having SUITEs rented in real professional buildings in real business districs.

That being said, lets NOT delude ourselves & be honest about this:

The JLU figures SOLD through the CHINA based Sellers are STOLEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Some China based Ebay Sellers of JLU figures MAY have bought some somewhere & then Sold them, but that would be a complete rarity, & the unreleased JLU figures are most probably STOLEN.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next