Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty 10/15/12: How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:49 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Unless the script has been changed all it does is keep the WSOD in place until it can get through again, it doesn't actually "hold your place" as I've had the WSOD keep running while my dial-up connection was disconnected.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:40 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Wildcard wrote:
Just as I feared, getting the white screen of death as the site was processing my order resulted in duplicate orders. At over $100 each transaction, Matty would bankrupt me.

Thats why you contest the charge on your credit card- Ive never had the credit card company not find in my favor.

-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 pm 
5th Horseman

Backward Galaxy wrote:
What kind of company can't cancel orders? I've never even heard of such a thing.

The same company that can't do any of the logical, expected, things other online ordering companies can. The one and only Digital River.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:59 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I ordered Castle Grayskull without a hitch... for now...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:09 pm 
Cold-cast

AnimateTed wrote:
Backward Galaxy wrote:
What kind of company can't cancel orders? I've never even heard of such a thing.

The same company that can't do any of the logical, expected, things other online ordering companies can. The one and only Digital River.

Yes, Digital River = Incompetence

Van Statten wrote:
I ordered Castle Grayskull without a hitch... for now...

This is an entirely different conversation. I seriously can not believe that anyone is willing to pay $250 for this castle grayskull. If the prototype drawings are accurate, it appears to be just like the old one. They state that it is " Just like the vintage toy, it will be a two-sided foldout "

Now IMO there was really nothing impressive about the two sided fold out castle in the 80's for $30.00. Yes that's all it cost, I looked it up in the 1985 Christmas sears wish book. Now for $250 it's even less impressive. Save yourself a bunch of money & buy the original on ebay for much cheaper. I seriously hope that this presale does not go through, because it will just set a ridiculous standard & mattel will think they can charge ridiculous prices for all large playsets.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Clayface wrote:
I seriously hope that this presale does not go through, because it will just set a ridiculous standard & mattel will think they can charge ridiculous prices for all large playsets.

Lol. Even if the presale goes through and people are willing to pay $250 for Greyskull I don't think they'll be able to do it with much else whether they want to or not. Maybe a Snake Mountain or a Hall of Justice but I don't know. Hey they can offer but people will either buy or not. Bottom line.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm 

I find the designs to be a little more dynamic than the original. I don't own an original, I opted for the 2002 version... it is also bigger apparently with a few different features which make it a nice centerpiece. And the $306.86 it cost me isn't really much for me anyway so... yeah... I ordered one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:46 pm 
Cold-cast

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Clayface wrote:
I seriously hope that this presale does not go through, because it will just set a ridiculous standard & mattel will think they can charge ridiculous prices for all large playsets.

Lol. Even if the presale goes through and people are willing to pay $250 for Greyskull I don't think they'll be able to do it with much else whether they want to or not. Maybe a Snake Mountain or a Hall of Justice but I don't know. Hey they can offer but people will either buy or not. Bottom line.

Yes, Snake Mountain which I think was even better designed, There was a Hordak playset, Didn't She-ra have some kind of castle? Realistically mattel will see one day if the collectors are not willing to pay outrageous prices that maybe that's where they are going wrong.

You know what..... now that I think about it, they will just blame us the collectors for all of their downfalls & failures anyway

Van Statten wrote:
I find the designs to be a little more dynamic than the original. I don't own an original, I opted for the 2002 version... it is also bigger apparently with a few different features which make it a nice centerpiece. And the $306.86 it cost me isn't really much for me anyway so... yeah... I ordered one.

$250 isn't really that big of a deal to me either. But it is just the point behind it to me. Seems overpriced for what you are getting & I hope this doesn't start a trend with mattel. To each their own, though. Enjoy it, if it makes the release.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:51 pm 

Show me something not over priced today? I can't find a toy not over priced.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm 
Cold-cast

I don't know, last year I bought a toy dog for my girlfriend's daughter. What was the name of that thing? I don't remember, but it was the size of a small dog, remote controlled, ran around & barked & stuff. Didn't understand why she wanted it since she has real dogs, but she had to have that toy.

Now that dog that did all that stuff & was actually a pretty complicated toy was $50. How can a company make & sell something like that for that price, & two thin layers of plastic with some trap doors that fold together be $250?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 pm 

Easy... because we'll pay it... Some people can't afford, hey that's cool... Some people don't like it, that's cool too... It could be a grand and if I like it I'll buy it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:14 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Van Statten wrote:
Show me something not over priced today? I can't find a toy not over priced.

Say there is this guy from China selling toys cheap on Ebay...
:wink:
Maybe we shouldn't get into that one here too :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:04 am 
categorically opposed

Clayface wrote:
Now that dog that did all that stuff & was actually a pretty complicated toy was $50. How can a company make & sell something like that for that price, & two thin layers of plastic with some trap doors that fold together be $250?

How many of that dog do you think they produced?

Probably about a hundred times more than they are of this playset.

There's your answer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Head's up.

Both Rita and the JLU pack are Almost Gone.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:11 am 
Knows his stuff

Shellhead wrote:
Head's up.

Both Rita and the JLU pack are Almost Gone.

What the deuce?

This is the first time I didn't get a JLU offering right at 11:00 central time on the day of sale (WSOD notwithstanding). I thought I could hold out until next week to get the lamest of the final six-packs, being that Vandal Savage almost lasted three weeks. I better pull the trigger now.

Thanks for the head's up, because I wouldn't have checked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next