Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:06 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Thanks for the heads-up, Shellhead. I was waiting until the weekend to order, but I had to get it now just in case. I don't want to be Matty'd on the JLU this close to the end.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 am 
Displays Backwards

Shellhead wrote:

The JLU pack is now listed as Almost Gone.

So those of you waiting might want to pull the trigger.

I'll admit to being surprised, considering this was probably the weakest offering. I guess a lot more people like Guy.

Maybe Mattel made a lot less of these 3-packs. Or it could be Matty lying again and trying to get people to panic and purchase this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 am 
Cold-cast

BCYa wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

The JLU pack is now listed as Almost Gone.

So those of you waiting might want to pull the trigger.

I'll admit to being surprised, considering this was probably the weakest offering. I guess a lot more people like Guy.

Maybe Mattel made a lot less of these 3-packs. Or it could be Matty lying again and trying to get people to panic and purchase this.

Good possibility that mattel made less of the weaker packs because they knew that they wouldn't sell well with only one new figure. Or they might not want the pack sitting around like last months Savage packfor almost 4 weeks, so they are trying to get people to panic & buy it by lying. I'm pretty calm here :lol: Is there that many Guy Gardner fans? I personally hate the character also. Or is it the possibility that the chinese sellers selling Vandal cheap affected the sales on the last pack? Since there weren't many Guy's for sale with his jacket, this pack is still selling well?

Mattel could answer these questions on how many were produced of these figures, but never will. Even if they made a statement about anything could we really believe them? Those of you that are naive will. The only thing that is for certain is that we will not know the real truth behind these questions.

Last edited by Clayface on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:30 am 
Aspires to be #1

Maybe they just sold them. People forget how requested Guy Gardener was at one time. Mattel based their entire DCIH strategy on making Guy figures, hoping they would get JLU fans to buy in haha.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 am 
Brand Manager

It's never one thing. And assuming the sell through is on the up-and-up (remember the days when half a shipment of figures would show up?); then... more than likely, it was a mixture of things.

Like:

1- There being enough DC & MoTU Product for Specialty Shops to place large orders for the Black Friday rush.

2- Guy being a popular character with the Justice League International crowd.

3- Guy being a popular character with the Green Lantern crowd.

4- Detective Batman being a popular version of the Batman suit.

5- Guy Gardner making his television debut just a couple of weeks ago (and stealing the show in the process!)

I mean, to be honest, I kinda remember a time when Guy (and his attitude) were as popular as Lobo. I mean... didn't those two date?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 pm 
my tummy itches

Well considering it's been only 3 days and its already " almost gone ", its pretty safe to say that it sold well and that those who waited better get on soon. It won't be there forever.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:35 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

This is one of the packs I had very little interest in, I'm not a fan of Guy Gardener and the other two figs would just be duplicates. But it's strange how knowing that it's nearly sold out out makes me feel like I should pick it up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:50 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

elvis8batman wrote:
it's strange how knowing that it's nearly sold out out makes me feel like I should pick it up.

Hmmm...
Maybe that's the trick. Maybe this pack is actually bombing so bad that they have to do something to stimulate more sales.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 pm 
Cold-cast

whakojacko1976 wrote:
elvis8batman wrote:
it's strange how knowing that it's nearly sold out out makes me feel like I should pick it up.

Hmmm...
Maybe that's the trick. Maybe this pack is actually bombing so bad that they have to do something to stimulate more sales.

+1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 am 
Hat Pooper

I'm sure the production on these last 6 JLU packs is pretty low also.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 am 
shirtless hugger

jediblood wrote:

You shut up with your reasonable thought! It's obviously a conspiracy! Now shhh, we can't talk here, they might read our thoughts and use them against us!

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 am 
declined to be a vampire

Joe G. wrote:
jediblood wrote:

You shut up with your reasonable thought! It's obviously a conspiracy! Now shhh, we can't talk here, they might read our thoughts and use them against us!

WE ARE ON TO YOU!

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:22 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

The sooner this pack is listed as sold out the more I'll believe it's legit. If this thing hits "sold out" tomorrow (payday for many) then they went through whatever amount of packs thay had pretty well. If it sticks around for another 2 or 3 weeks as "almost gone" well that just seems fishy to me. Maybe time will tell. This pack just seems like it should be the biggest dud of final 6 3-packs. I don't remember anybody posting here that really thought otherwise prior to the sale. The only thing I could understand is if this pack was produced in much smaller numbers than the other 3 so far.

...OR Digital River just really screwed up :shock: and listed this as "almost gone" while the warehouse is still flooded with these.

...OR OR Digital River just really really screwed up :shock: :shock: and misplaced 3/4 of their Guy Gardner packs somewhere out in the warehouse. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:13 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Those last two options are very very plausible.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:43 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Ordered mine. I had to have help getting the last three and didn't want to risk it with this one. Whatever the reasons for it already being at Almost Gone, it's there.

Got my order confirmation via email so hopefully I don't have any issues.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next