Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Did anyone else get a broken Elast-Girl?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:57 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I just opened my sub pkg this morning -Ivy is fine but Rita's left arm was broken before I took her out of the tray. It was snapped off at the joint below the shoulder and above the elbow.

I called customer service and spoke to a woman named Jen who seemed to need a refresher course in "how to talk to customers" and possibly in ESL. She said they would email me a mailing label to return the figure (but she didn't know if it woud be a UPS or a USPS label) and they would only send me a new one after they received the return.

Anyone else havs this problem? I am worried that they will sell out and I won't get a replacement. I have lurked here for years and have read lots of Digital River horror stories. Advice? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Did anyone else get a broken Elast-Girl?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:07 am 
shirtless hugger

Hcs7 wrote:
I just opened my sub pkg this morning -Ivy is fine but Rita's left arm was broken before I took her out of the tray. It was snapped off at the joint below the shoulder and above the elbow.

I called customer service and spoke to a woman named Jen who seemed to need a refresher course in "how to talk to customers" and possibly in ESL. She said they would email me a mailing label to return the figure (but she didn't know if it woud be a UPS or a USPS label) and they would only send me a new one after they received the return.

Anyone else havs this problem? I am worried that they will sell out and I won't get a replacement. I have lurked here for years and have read lots of Digital River horror stories. Advice? Thanks!

Even if it sells out on the site, they still keep a certain amount of Customer Service stock set aside for instances like this.

I had to exchange a figure once (they sent the wrong one), and IIRC the return label they sent me was a UPS label. I was able to send the figure back and get the right one with no problems, though.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:15 am 
shirtless hugger

Don't sweat it. Toys break all the time.

Matty keeps extra "customer service" stock on hand for just this reason. I sent a MOTU figure back, and DR replaced it within a couple of weeks. And DR paid for shipping both ways.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:42 am 
active in the community

This is a good time to post a warning about this figure. A while back I was posing Giganta and I had a similar break in the peg in her shoulder connected to the arm. Fortunately it was a cheap piece to re-buy. Last night I was moving Rita around checking joints and saw how tight the shoulder joint was, I was very afraid that I would have a similar break and have to buy a whole new figure.

Is there any way to loosen these joints up to avoid the stress on the pegs?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:11 am 
5" Scale

I had a similar experience and posted it in the Poison Ivy thread. Below is my post and I still haven't heard from the escalation department after 2 days. I'm not surprised. I'm just waiting for my wife and son to go grocery shopping before I call them back. I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't dealt with many companies that expect you to send the product back before they'll send out a replacement. I think the exception has been when I've bought something from a private seller on eBay or Amazon. Like you, I'm a little gun shy about the situation Hc. Hopefully it turns out ok for both of us. I've actually considered seeing if a little WD-40 will take off the residue, but I'm afraid it will affect the paint.

The_Donster wrote:
Opened up my box today and had mixed results. Ivy looks fine, but there was glue residue around Elasti-Girl's waist and splotchy on her face and her right boob :roll: Called Digital River about getting a replacement and was told that I would have to send the product back before they sent out a replacement. Sorry, but given both DR and Matty's track record I am a little apprehensive to do this. Anyone done a product replacement. This would be my first, so I'm looking for a little reassurance that this won't be a problem. This is the first time I've had a company ask me to send back the product before they'll replace it :?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:14 am 
5" Scale

I did receive a e-mail with a return label link and a separate e-mail from what I assume was the escalation dept. saying that my package is being prepped for shipping. Hopefully that means it will be in the mail on Monday and not sitting in a warehouse until I return the defective product. I guess I'll find out in a few days, as it is the weekend and I'm sure nothing will go out until at least the middle of the week. Who knows, maybe Matty will surprise me, but I have a wait and see approach to the situation. I've never experienced an issue before, so if I'm lucky this will be my one and only issue with the sub and the products.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 am 
Resin

Well, at least I'm not the only one. Elasti-Girl's upper left arm swivel is VERY loose, and doesn't even look like it's connected quite properly. I'm almost scared to touch it. It's not broken, but -- wow. And her right leg is a little floppy at the hip.

Dear Mattel -- given what we're paying for these figures and that we're buying them basically sight unseen, could we get some attention paid to QUALITY CONTROL, please?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:10 am 
5" Scale

My replacement figure was mailed out today. Wish me better luck this go round. Guess I'll wait until I receive it before I send out the defective one. Just in case lightning strikes twice :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 pm 
active in the community

@the_donster, mine did not have that stuff around the belt area so you might have gotten the one defective one. I tried taking a picture with a crappy camera for you and PM'd you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:59 am 
5" Scale

Thanks for the pic kid ;) Received my replacement today. She's not perfect, but she's better than the first one. Overall pretty happy with the experience, as I think she's a great looking figure. Here's the pics of her. Debating on when I'm going to mail off the replacement. Weather has been a little funky and trying to set up a pick up is a pain for some reason :?

Image Image
[/quote]