Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Where to buy Hal head JLU
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 pm 
Wonderdog

Hey guys so I contacted Jeremey apparently he doesnt do these anymore.

Can anyone tell me who I can buy a painted hal head from that fits on the SDCC JLU set?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Where to buy Hal head JLU
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:46 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Maybe Glassman? Let me see if I can find the link.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:48 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

http://glassman.dchallofjustice.com/?wp ... lu&paged=2

You can get him to paint one for you for a few extra bucks.
http://glassman.dchallofjustice.com/?wp ... uplicate-2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:42 pm 
Knows his stuff

I Am Soooooooo P.O. @ myself for not contacting & purchasing the JLU casting of HAL JORDAN from SPY when Black Canary (on here, not the REAL one... she won't talk to me anymore since I cut her OFF & told her to go back to her [color=#008000]Green[/color] Queen!) gave me the contact info!

I even contacted Spy & got his VERY FAIR pricesm but LIFE kept happening & I kept forgetting to get my HAL Head Satisfaction!

I PLAY with my LOOSE JLU Toys (& my other loose toys much less so) w/ my Nephew TONY mostly now, & I LOVED that I could order the Type 2 Hal Head (?) that I could secure on a "Classic" John Stewart GL figure & not worry about my nephew popping it off every 5 seconds! Not that I'm afraid of choking or anything now that my nephews are older BUT even my just recently obtained Ollies Store "Exclusive" JLU SDCC Unmasked HAL had missing hair paint (as did my last 1 I gave my nephew) from the constant head swapping between those 3 figures. Kids LOVE that kind of thing (& he laughs everytime the RED Sinestro Head ends up on the non-matching Flight Suit Hal body). I REALLy was looking forward to getting at least 3 Hal Heads from SPY: 2 SDCC compatible Hal heads & 1 (or 2) "normal" JLU head i could put on John Stewart w/ the white gloves for our PLAY TIME adventures!

So I missed that boat damn it all! Instead of getting:

Choice A: *SPY:
x2 SDCC Hal heads ($5.00ea.) + BOTH PAINTED ($5.00 fee ea.) = $20.00
x1 Type 2 Hal head ($5.00ea.) + It PAINTED ($5.00) = $10.00
+ S/H = $03.00 TOTAL (up to 5 Hal heads)
*TOTAL = $33.00 (3 PAINTED Hal Heads + S/H) (AVG. Price = $11.00 ea.)

Choice B: 2nd Source: GLASSMAN (still VERY glad he is offering these, If i buy 1 or not!)
x 1 SDCC Hal head + Painted = ($18.00 + S/H). Not sure the Rate didn't look.
(AVG. Price = $18-$20+ ea. - *fully GUESTimating S/H so not accurate)

****DISCLAIMER: I've heard great stuff about Glassman's work & an VERY glad this head cast is being offered still. I'm NOT in any way insinuating there is anything remotely wrong w/ his pricing either. This is just a kind of "SHAME on ME! for not jumping on the chance to get something as important to my HUGE JLU collection as a "casted" Hal head! I personally have suddenly DRASTICALLY cut down my JLU spending on each Mattel offering (not just because there is less product offered) because I've finally had the straw that broke my Camel's OCD-ridden back!

In other words, I'm mad @ myself for not getting 3 or more Hal heads instead of possibly 0 or 1 @ the very most.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:33 am 
Dog Squeezer

I can speak first hand that Glassman's work is top notch. I would not have ANY reservations about ordering from him. As a matter of fact, I might be placing another order soon!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:12 pm 
Knows his stuff

Jester wrote:
I can speak first hand that Glassman's work is top notch. I would not have ANY reservations about ordering from him. As a matter of fact, I might be placing another order soon!

Thanks You SO MUCH Jester, as I really do respect your opinion! You are one of at least 15 or so people on here that I always read your posts & respect your honesty!

I'm upset at myself though, because I really needed at least 3 Hal Heads & at this price point I'll only be able to justify buying 1 tops. I am mad that I didn't get the Hal heads from Spy because he had the type 2 head that would be ideal for the type of PLAY WARE he is bound to inflicted with once my nephew Tony gets his li'l hands on him! He always talks about getting a Hal Jordan Head with the mask lol! He LOVES JLU figure & Hal Jordan is one of his favs! But even an 8 year old can recognize that the SDCC Hal Jordan is NOT what HAL should look like!

BTW- I tried doing a simple boil & pop method for a head swap of an Incomplete JLU GUY Gardner from ebay (w/out his Vest) to a "classic" John Stewart. I had only ever Boil & Popped older MEGO dolls to use on a few Scotty EMCE Star Trek re-megos. I had no idea that it would be any different. Now I have a John Stewart with a long strecthed out neck plug still connected to the figure. You being a customizer yourself, I thought you could direct me to where i can learn how to do a Head swap between JLU figures (& others figure to use w/ JLU bucks) & retain articulation @ the neck. ANY HELP would really be so appreciated! Thanks Jester, I'll probably have to just bite the bullet & get a painted HAL head from Glassman, & I have seen his amazing work online.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:20 pm 
Knows his stuff

EDIT: I just saw by using another link provided by our friend whacko that GLASSMAN also has two other HAL JORDAN HEADS available, & 1 for the John Stewart Classic GL figure. !

?, since the head does not just POP on like a SDCC Hal Head cast, How easy is it to put on securely & does it retain articulation @ the neck? (Mods..I promise I won't ask anymore customizing ?s... If I have more I'll look past this Mattel threads & find where to go. Sorry for the ?s.)

Anyone customize JLU figures in the CNY area?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:38 am 
Dog Squeezer

Thanks for the compliment JLU 4 me. Ill PM you some ideas tonight about some ideas about your head swapping issues to try to keep this on thread on topic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:31 pm 
Wonderdog

thanks guys. I am going to buy one of the SDCC heads