Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:16 pm 
Knows his stuff

I ordered 2 almost against my will. I HATE the price for 1 New JLU figure.
Matty finally threw on the straw(S) that broke my Camel's OCD-ridden back!

I always supported Mattycollector & mostly all retail JLU offerings with complete foolish abandon. I really bought WAY more JLU multiples hoping to get to the newer shown offerings through the years. We had to vote with our wallets & buy up ALL the over produced & over shipped 3-packs to clear things away to get the new stuff, even if they then added the same OLD packs again with the new stuff. We waited for certain characters because there were so many years where they couldn't give us many characters we wanted because then they wouldn't be able to get us to keep collecting the rest of the figures that would have come after all the BIG ones were released.

This isn't actually just a Matty bashing, it's just my 1 attempt to explain WHY I'm so SICK of Matty's crap!

1. MONGUL & Future JLU 3-pks. MAY have really SOLD out!

2. I DO NOT Believe for 1 second the Vandal Savage 3-pack did @ all. !st the HUGE amount of STOLEN Vandals (I bought 2 for $10.00 Total) HAD TO HAVE Impacted sales. Of course it did. The only really NEW CHARACTER (not figure) was & IS out there on Ebay & CHINA SELLERS have them in the hundreds (Blue Beetle & FIRE v2. is also in the 100s). I actually KNOW this of 2 weeks ago last week. I actually but in BIN orders until I knew exactly how many of each of these new Matty "Exclusive" figures each SELLER had before they each started to show ONLY having 10 or Less available for each BIN offering.

TRUTH: @ LEAST 2 SELLERS from CHINA had WELL over 100 & under 200 of each of these NEW unreleased JLU figures (STOLEN of Course to the 1 or 2 in denial DENIAL!)
BLUE BEETLE, FIRE (Powered Up), VANDAL SAVAGE, FIREFLY, & incomplete GUY GARDNER (Why I bought 2 of this pack... almost vomiting over the price due to the future $13.00 Ollies tag on it later POSSIBLY)! I don't care if anyone doubts me but i had HUNDREDS of each of these figures in my CART, & everytime I put in a Quantity that was too HIGH, Ebay would inform me to "ENTER a LOWER Quantity" & I would guess until I knew exactly what these 2 SELLERS had of each figure & ALMOST every 1 I listed was closer to 200 units EACH Character than 150. Maybe only FIRE v2. was @ 97 figures from 1 SELLER, which is why she's listed at almost $16.00 when Blue Beetle was at $11.00 considering they had almost DOUBLE of him.

So I'm wondering..... ONLY the JLU: VANDAL/Future Superman pack made it until the EXACT # of DAYS it used to take other "SOLD OUT" JLU MATTYcollector EXCLUSIVE product to be listed as such & removed BEFORE the NEXT JLU offering. S/H PROFIT is apparently too good to pass up, even at the point of obviously scr***** their customers out of SAVING $$$.

So I believe the VANDAL Savage offering (I won't have 1 MIB of making my MIB collection incomplete by my own hands... at this price for NOW) is NOT SOLD OUT!

So I'm NOW suspicious about this GL GUY 3-pk.?????

Why Matty WHY.........Why couldn't you just make it as easy for the CHINA factory workers to steal figures with Rubber/plastic "Extras" as it is for others? B4 anyone says it, before this line was so obviously canceled I ALWAYS showed an obscene amount of loyality in ordering their JLU product from them! I bought 4-20 of each JLU Offering before this last batch! So I'm not feel;ing guilty about grabbing a few Vandals & waiting for the rest of those packs to show up again & probably WAY cheaper.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:59 pm 
Knows his stuff

SHORT STORY:

I actually am CONFUSED about the "Almost Gone" Status of this 3-pack.

I know that the VANDAL SAVAGE pack did NOT SELL OUT, it just was *still there* on the EXACT day Protocal dictates they PULL the JLU Product OFF the SITE & falsely LIST it as "SOLD OUT" so their customers will NOT be able to SAVE on Combined S/H... & therefore Maximize their Profit.

I'm NOW either Confused or SUSPICIOUS of the reality of this GL GUY Gardner 3-packs' actual standing as far as quantity left.

All I KNOW is, I remember going to Ebay & other Online retailers to buy Mattycollector.com Exclusives SOLD OUT LOBO & DOOM PATROL 4-packs because they were SOLD OUT & not just OUT of STOCK.

People were PAYING a King's Ransom for: Mattycollector JLU: SHAZAM 4-packs, as well as MOST other SOLD OUT JLU items- that would finally be listed as SOLD out exactly 1 week before the next offering.

Wasn't it CRAZY that there were SOOO MANY left over JLU: 4-packs & such, listed as SOLD OUT product, that they not only kept coming back on the site after long periods of time... they were finally SELLING Matty JLU 4-pks. for $12, $10, & wasn't it even as low as $8.00 each if you bought Large QUANTITIES???

Then ALL the MATTYcollector JLU: Figures of STRIPE, The ANIMAL MAN/Adam Strange 3-pk., & the definitely "SOLD OUT" SDCC ORIGINS GL packs are sitting in quantities of 24 each at my local OLLIE's store for $12.99 + Tax each + $0.00 S/H

I'm just afraid of 1 of 2 things:

MATTEL is FINALLY Telling the REAL TRUTH Only at the VERY END of the JLU toyline about QUANTITY to warn us NOT to miss out!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
or---------- Matty is using PANIC & LIES to GOUGE us ever-SO-willings loyal JLU fans 1 more time before they're done with using us? I can hear Toy Guru now with the boys @ Mattel making some kind of joke about getting us JLU suckers 1 more time, something about our "loud but NOT numerous" behind's being SUCH GULLIBLE ########....as he lets out a villianous CACKLE as the 4 towel-drapped execs disappear into the Steam Room! (A Steam Room?.... or was it a CAULDRON causing All that Steam?...Maybe the Gates of H...?)---OK, joke is def too influenced by all the Halloween images everywhere!

Turns out it's Not ever a SHORT STORY w/ me!.............................
Huh....Who wud've thunk it?.............................

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:23 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

:shock:

Wow.

That's a lot of wasted brain power for a toyline that'll be extinct in less than two months.

This place is gonna be pretty boring once the JLUers stop their conspiracy theories.

:wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:19 pm 
Brand Manager

Shellhead wrote:
That's a lot of wasted brain power for a toyline that'll be extinct in less than two months.

This place is gonna be pretty boring once the JLUers stop their conspiracy theories.
Shellhead wrote:
I guess a lot more people like Guy.

I have no idea why, though. He's such an obnoxious character.

Life is ironic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:30 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Shellhead wrote:
Wow.

It pains me to read this. Because it's true.

Guys, stop with the conspiracy theories. It's embarrassing and makes you look like fools. Enough.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:24 am 
AFA Graded

Almost Gone. Sheesh. that was fast.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:01 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

red Ricky wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

Shellhead wrote:
I guess a lot more people like Guy.

I have no idea why, though. He's such an obnoxious character.

Life is ironic.

Glad to know you've been reading my signature all these years, Ricky!

:lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:53 am 
Knows his stuff

Shellhead wrote:
:shock:

Wow.

:wink:

LOL, actually I find posting many negative comments towards people who are obviously passionate about a toyline, that you Do NOT like or collect (- what 3 Aquaman characters is it?), a WAY bigger waste of brain power! ;)

That's all I have to say on the matter for good. I just don't want the mods to have to worry about that 1 comment causing me to cause any problems. I had just been thinking that exact sentiment for YEARS now. There has been 2 or 3 posters who have repeatedly had so many negative things to post about JLU Toy Fanatics or JLU Toys in general, that I thought they would FINALLY get sick of it.

This place is so boring w/out all of US CRAZY JLU Toy Fanatics that USED to flock here! I did not post 1 word for months & months now, until last week or so. I still enjoy reading the few die-hard JLU fans' posts on here. I'm NOT in the sect who thinks Mattel is the Devil & only thiefing CHINA factory workers selling on Ebay are the Salvation.... I'm just ALWAYS in doubt w/ Mattel because of the HUGE amount of JLU product that remained of previously SOLD OUT Mattycollector.com items.

Anyways, I was making it clear I was MOSTLY joking.... The whole Toy Guru & his evil minions joke @ the end.....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:02 pm 
Cold-cast

Still " almost gone " after days. Just a matty ploy tactic to get people to panic & order this set since the sales were most likely terrible the first few days. They are hoping to sucker people into buying it so it doesn't sit forever like the vandal pack did. You want to use a fool proof tactic to sell these mattel? Lower this price!!!! Sooner or later you are going to sell them to discount outlets for pennies on a dollar anyway. Just pass the savings now onto the few last loyal customers you have. I'm glad that I'm done with you & DR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:06 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Clayface wrote:
Still " almost gone " after days. Just a matty ploy tactic to get people to panic & order this set since the sales were most likely terrible the first few days. They are hoping to sucker people into buying it so it doesn't sit forever like the vandal pack did. You want to use a fool proof tactic to sell these mattel? Lower this price!!!! Sooner or later you are going to sell them to discount outlets for pennies on a dollar anyway. Just pass the savings now onto the few last loyal customers you have. I'm glad that I'm done with you & DR

Or maybe aliens are buying the packs but it takes days for their purchase to transfer across the cosmos so it really is almost gone but not sold out because of the delay

:roll:

Or if you prefer a logical explanation, the packs could easily get to almost gone status but then be out of people to buy the remaining packs which leaves it stuck at that point, instead of selling out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:34 pm 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
Or maybe aliens are buying the packs but it takes days for their purchase to transfer across the cosmos so it really is almost gone but not sold out because of the delay

:roll:

LOL :D

I'm really hoping that, after December, the conspiracy theorists will pack up and move to another board.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:54 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Why? That's what keeps it interesting. :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 pm 
shirtless hugger

Good point! :D

I never block anyone on this board because some of the posts can be unintentionally hilarious. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:29 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

j1h15233 wrote:

Or if you prefer a logical explanation, the packs could easily get to almost gone status but then be out of people to buy the remaining packs which leaves it stuck at that point, instead of selling out.

I'd be willing to believe this if this pack was made in lesser amounts than the previous 3. If it was made in equal amounts then that pretty much means that the same number of people that bought any of the previous 3 sets over a number of weeks all bought this pack in only a few short days which seems unlikely to me.

...Or Matty was a little faster with an update to the status of this pack this time around.

Only Matty knows for sure. I can only guess and at this point and I'm still undecided.

Can Guy really be this popular?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:57 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

GregNYC wrote:
LOL :D

I'm really hoping that, after December, the conspiracy theorists will pack up and move to another board.

I would have thought with Mattel releasing the last packs the Mattel Derangement Syndrome would have subsided a little, but if anything it's gotten worse. I'm SO over these crazy people.

Let me rephrase my disdain: Who. The Frell. CARES?! What difference does it make how fast a pack sells out? Mattel is still releasing them every month. Why give them crap for that? Why come up with looney ideas and say the most disgusting, offensive things possible about a company that makes freaking toys? Do you not have anything better to complain about? Is this really the biggest, most pressing problem in your sad little world? I'm frankly beyond disgusted. Pathetic.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next