Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: DCUC: Club IE Poison Ivy thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:34 pm 
shirtless hugger

Got my sub figures before the sale date this month. Pretty nice!

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:23 pm 
Brand Manager

Just got my 2 Poison Ivys and Ritas ........SIGH these are the worst sub figures I have gotten to date. Both Poison IVys have poorly painted faces ones toe nails are paint too far back and looks like crap. My Ritas got some minor problems its rather sad I have had good luck to date but Poison Ivy was my most wanted figure to date. I will call and complain but who knwos where it will get me ......

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:00 pm 
5" Scale

This is how it is going to go down: They'll send you a replacement or refund if they don't have any more of the figures in stock, but you have to return the figure first. Unless of course you speak to a supervisor who will forward your concerns to the escalation department. Who, in turn will contact you via e-mail. In the meantime you will get a e-mail with the return label for the defective figure and then a tentative mail out of your figure. I'm not sure if or when my package will be sent out. Not sure if they are waiting for my package to show it is enroute or what? Good luck though. I agree with your comments on anticipating the release of these two figures. Although I did like the EG figure I was very unimpressed with Ivy. I really hope that when The Huntress is released I don't feel the same way :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Mine turned out okay, although one of Ivy's eyes is a little squinty, kinda like she's thinking "Did I just see Batman over in those shadows?" :lol:

Neither of Rita's arms were broken, but they do seem kinda loose at the shoulder connection while the shoulders' themselves are very tight. She'll be handled with care, that's for sure.

Not bad, overall, especially compared to some of the horror stories in this thread.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:28 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Poison Ivy was a character that was in high demand. It sold out in a matter of minutes. If Mattel had released the character earlier, then they could have sold more and made a bigger profit. If they had just asked the fans, they would have told them. Why did they wait so long to put her out? I think it only confirms the belief that character choice is a big flaw in Mattel's marketing of the DC Universe. Batman villians sell. Mattel should make more of them. Ra's al Ghul, Talia, Ventriloquist & Scarface, Hugo Strange, Firefly, the Tweeds, and Clock King are just a few villians that haven't been produced that I'd get into the fans hands promptly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:15 am 
ABS

I think better known Batman villains sell. A couple of those you listed I never heard of.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:39 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

starks wrote:
I think better known Batman villains sell. A couple of those you listed I never heard of.

And most people never heard of Catman of either... and that didn't stop Mattel. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:04 am 
5" Scale

Yeah, but Catman was relevant at the time. Wasn't he part of The Secret Six or storyline in the comics at the time? I like him myself and wouldn't mind seeing some of his cohorts. Ivy is a nice figure, but also a blah figure. Not really sure what they could have done differently but she is missing the pop that most of the figures have had before.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:09 am 

Meh I don't buy it... that comic was done by the time that line hit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:04 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

rono wrote:
Batman villians sell. Mattel should make more of them. Ra's al Ghul, Talia, Ventriloquist & Scarface, Hugo Strange, Firefly, the Tweeds, and Clock King are just a few villians that haven't been produced that I'd get into the fans hands promptly.

You lose me after Firefly, and I'd only buy him to serve as an Iron Man villain.

With you on Ras and Talia, though.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 am 
5" Scale

Van Statten wrote:
Meh I don't buy it... that comic was done by the time that line hit.

Someone check my facts, but wasn't Catman originally supposed to be in the DCU line, scraped and then put in that Batman line? Whatever the case, it doesn't take away from this being a good figure. One of my favorite one's. While I'd love some of those villains rono mentioned, I don't want the sub to get too heavy with one hero or their rogues gallery. Finish out the teams, that's fine. But unless you are going to do a separate line that doesn't work for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 am 
categorically opposed

The_Donster wrote:
Someone check my facts, but wasn't Catman originally supposed to be in the DCU line, scraped and then put in that Batman line?

Nope. At best, he was in the ToyFare fan poll, but that's no guarantee. If that were the case, it could be argued Ragman, Libra, and a handful of others were supposed to be in DCUC and scrapped.

Last edited by MoMoney on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:34 am 

The_Donster wrote:
Whatever the case, it doesn't take away from this being a good figure.

Not at all, just saying regardless of line he's pretty obscure for the retail market.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:17 pm 
5" Scale

That's right Mo, thanks for the clarification. Those were definitely some interesting selections that went no where. I can't speak for everywhere, but the only remnants I found in my area were Catwoman and Year 1 Batman(FA).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:28 pm 

So I got the Matty release of Ivy for my wife today... would you know her legs are looser out of the package than my one from China... that's what always gets me! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next