Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

texgnome1 wrote:
See now you're just being mean. What the heck is wrong with Slapstick? :D :D :D

:lol: When not taken seriously... I can see your point

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Frank Grillo Confirmed for Captain America: The Winter Solider

by SuperHeroHype

October 29, 2012

Rumored last week, Variety has now confirmed that Frank Grillo, who appeared earlier this year in The Grey, will play Brock Rumlow, better known as Crossbones, in Marvel Studios' Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Although the tweets have since been deleted, Grillo himself launched the rumors last Monday when he mentioned a visit to Los Angeles and a meeting with Marvel along with the hashtag "#captainamerica."

First introduced in the comics in the late 1980's, Crossbones is better known today for his major role in Ed Brubaker's modern arc on "Captain America." A highly trained mercenary working for the Red Skull, Crossbones played a major role in the assassination of Steve Rogers following Marvel's "Civil War."

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will star Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie and is planned to hit theaters on April 4, 2014.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:21 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Familiar Marvel Faces Headed to Captain America: The Winter Soldier

by SuperHeroHype

October 30, 2012

On the heels of word earlier today that Frank Grillo has joined the cast of Captain America: The Winter Soldier comes confirmation, via Variety, that a few familiar S.H.I.E.L.D. agents will be appearing as well. Reprising their roles from Marvel's The Avengers are Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Also confirmed to be returning, as was long rumored, is Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes.

The film is also slated to star Chris Evans, reprising his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America and franchise newcomer Anthony Mackie in the role of the Falcon.

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is planned to hit theaters on April 4, 2014.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:23 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

See, now this I don't mind one bit. I can't wait to see all of those characters again. It's like a fantastic desert after the Avengers steak dinner.... :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The Winter Soldier arc in the comics was amazing. I cannot wait until this movie comes out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Samuel L. Jackson's Next Marvel Movie is Captain America: The Winter Soldier

by SuperHeroHype

December 04, 2012

Even though he didn't see a lot of action throughout Phase One, Nick Fury is still an integral part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and he's not going anywhere. In an interview with Total Film, seen here via Examiner.com, Jackson said the next Marvel movie he'll appear in is the Captain America sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

"I think my next time as Nick Fury is in Captain America: The Winter Soldier," said the actor, "because I’m not in Iron Man 3. None of the Avengers are in Iron Man 3. It’s a standalone Iron Man movie."

This could mean you'll have to wait two more movies before you see the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. with both Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World hitting theaters before Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but this isn't final as Marvel could have other plans.

The film is slated to star Chris Evans, reprising his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America, and franchise newcomers Anthony Mackie in the role of the Falcon and Frank Grillo as Crossbones. Reprising their roles from Marvel's The Avengers are Jackson as Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Also confirmed to be returning, as was long rumored, is Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes.

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is planned to hit theaters on April 4, 2014.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:19 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hayley Atwell Not Returning for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

by SuperHeroHype

January 02, 2013

It's been a while since we've heard casting news for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It was rumored for a long time that Hayley Atwell would reprise her role as Peggy Carter in the sequel, but she has now told Timeout that she won't be returning.

"She won’t, she confirms, be back for the latter’s sequel, which moves the action into the present day," they say.

Many months ago the rumors began to circulate about who would be playing the female lead in the film, which is rumored to be Sharon Carter, the niece of Peggy Carter. The short list for the role was Jessica Brown Findlay ("Downton Abbey"), Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones"), Teresa Palmer (I Am Number Four), Imogen Poots (Fright Night) and Alison Brie (The Five-Year Engagement), but nothing has been confirmed yet.

The film is slated to star Chris Evans, reprising his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America, and franchise newcomers Anthony Mackie in the role of the Falcon and Frank Grillo as Crossbones. Reprising their roles from Marvel's The Avengers are Samuel L. Jackson as Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Also returning is Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes.

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will hit theaters on April 4, 2014.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Anthony Mackie on Playing The Falcon in Captain America Sequel

by SuperHeroHype

January 14, 2013

We don't know a lot about Anthony Mackie's role as The Falcon in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but now we've got a few details from the actor himself. In an interview with AICN, Mackie spoke more so than he has previously about the part.

"I will have wings. I will be able to fly. I will be a superhero and fight people, namely The Winter Soldier."

Mackie has been really studying for the part, too.

"It was funny; a lot of the research I found was online. My older brother was a huge comic book buff. So when the news came out online, he called me and just gave me the whole rundown. Luckily, I have a lot of friends who weren’t cool growing up, but who are really cool now, so they read a lot of comic books. So I would just call and ask them, and they would send me all of this stuff online, and I got to read a bunch of the old comic books. It’s fortunate, because it’s a take off the comic book, it’s not the exactly storyline of the comic book."

Mackie didn't reveal much else about the film, specifically because he fears getting replaced on the film before it even gets started, and for that reason he wouldn't confirm if his character would have his pet falcon Redwing in the film.

"This is what I learned about franchises. They can always cast somebody else and say, 'Well that last person died,' or just not address it. You see the second movie, and the guy is a different guy than the first, and they're like, 'Yep, same dude to me.'”

One thing Mackie would confirm though is that filming for Captain America: The WInter Soldier would begin on April 1.

The film is slated to star Chris Evans, reprising his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America, and newcomer Frank Grillo as Crossbones. Reprising their roles from Marvel's The Avengers are Samuel L. Jackson as Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Also returning is Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier.

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will hit theaters on April 4, 2014.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Toby Jones Will Return for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

by SuperHeroHype

January 21, 2013

There haven't been many actors from the first Captain America film that are confirmed to return for the sequel besides Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan, but we now know one particular villain will be back. Toby Jones confirmed in an interview with HeyUGuys.co.uk that he would return for the upcoming sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Jones played the role of Arnim Zola in Captain America: The First Avenger and presumably survived the events of that film. In the comics, "Zola was a genetic engineer who created clones and various monstrosities for Hitler. He also captured his own mental self, inserting it into a robot, and survived the war." The blueprints for Zola's robotic body can be seen briefly in the film, so could he be appearing in the sequel in his new robot body?

The film is slated to star Chris Evans, reprising his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America, and franchise newcomers Anthony Mackie in the role of the Falcon and Frank Grillo as Crossbones. Reprising their roles from Marvel's The Avengers are Samuel L. Jackson as Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Sebastian Stan returns as Bucky Barnes.

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will hit 2D and 3D theaters on April 4, 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Emily VanCamp Joins Captain America: The Winter Soldier

by SuperHeroHype

February 01, 2013

Captain America: The Winter Soldier has found its female lead in "Revenge" star Emily VanCamp, Deadline reports. VanCamp's name was not among those included in the site's short list last fall.

Though the new female character is not yet confirmed, it is said to be a romantic interest to Chris Evans' Steve Rogers. Fans of the comics know that the odds point to the role being that of Sharon Carter. Originally the sister of Peggy Carter (played in Captain America: The First Avenger by Hayley Atwell), Sharon was later retconned to be Peggy's niece.

VanCamp will join Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Frank Grillo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Scarlett Johansson and Toby Jones in the April 4, 2014 release. The sibling pair of Anthony and Joe Russo will direct.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hayley Atwell to Cameo in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

by SuperHeroHype

February 13, 2013

Although it has been confirmed that Emily VanCamp will be taking on the female lead in Anthony and Joe Russo's Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Collider has learned that the original film's star, Hayley Atwell will be back for a cameo.

"I know that Hayley is going back to do a flashback scene," Stanley Tucci told the site, "but I have not been asked."

Although unconfirmed, VanCamp's role is said to be a romantic interest to Chris Evans' Steve Rogers. Fans of the comics know that the odds point to the role being that of Sharon Carter. Originally the sister of Peggy Carter (played by Atwell in Captain America: The First Avenger), Sharon was later retconned to be Peggy's niece.

The film's cast is also set to include Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Frank Grillo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Scarlett Johansson and Toby Jones in the April 4, 2014 release.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Saw this just this morning, I sure hope he can act :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/georges-st-pierre-lands-role-172616048--mma.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:18 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Hehe - he's playing Batroc the Leaper. How much acting is he really going to have to do here bwahahahaha???

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:26 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Probably a couple lines and a five minute fight scene.

How hard can it be?

Now Crossbones would be a much meatier role.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:16 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Will a Peggy Carter Short Film Premiere at Comic-Con?

by SuperHeroHype

April 19, 2013

Hayley Atwell took on the leading lady role in Captain America: The First Avenger and really won our hearts over as Peggy Carter. Since then it seems fans' love of the character has sparked a return for the actress. Speaking with The Age (Via Bleeding Cool) she says Marvel has cooked up something for fans featuring her.

"There's been an online campaign for Peggy to be featured. People really liked her. So Marvel have made sure that as part of Comicon there will be a little kind of snapshot as to what Peggy's actually really capable of, which was finished here and which was great fun. Hopefully, it will lead to other things."

Atwell doesn't specify what this "snapshot" will be, but our money is on a bridge between Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which Atwell is scheduled to cameo in. Check back here for more updates on this story as they unfold.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next