Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:43 am 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:
Clayface wrote:
Still " almost gone " after days. Just a matty ploy tactic to get people to panic & order this set since the sales were most likely terrible the first few days. They are hoping to sucker people into buying it so it doesn't sit forever like the vandal pack did. You want to use a fool proof tactic to sell these mattel? Lower this price!!!! Sooner or later you are going to sell them to discount outlets for pennies on a dollar anyway. Just pass the savings now onto the few last loyal customers you have. I'm glad that I'm done with you & DR

Or maybe aliens are buying the packs but it takes days for their purchase to transfer across the cosmos so it really is almost gone but not sold out because of the delay

:roll:

Perhaps the Guardians of Oa and Green Lanterns from the other sectors are ordering this pack.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm 
my tummy itches

That's why they are always scanning the pages looking to see If were on to them.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 pm 
categorically opposed

Clayface wrote:
Still " almost gone " after days. Just a matty ploy tactic to get people to panic & order this set since the sales were most likely terrible the first few days. They are hoping to sucker people into buying it so it doesn't sit forever like the vandal pack did. You want to use a fool proof tactic to sell these mattel? Lower this price!!!! Sooner or later you are going to sell them to discount outlets for pennies on a dollar anyway. Just pass the savings now onto the few last loyal customers you have. I'm glad that I'm done with you & DR

Fool proof?

I could stand on a street corner with a bucket full of cow dung and say, "Hey, come and get it! It's free! What a steal!" Does that mean that I'm gonna "sell out" of it? Just because the price is right?

Mattel already knows how many people are buying the JLU product. How many times does this need to be restated? Everything they've sold on Matty has sold within a few hundred units. You think they're surprised that these guys aren't flying off the site?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:55 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

MoMoney wrote:
I could stand on a street corner with a bucket full of cow dung and say, "Hey, come and get it! It's free! What a steal!" Does that mean that I'm gonna "sell out" of it? Just because the price is right?

lol. I've noticed JLU referred to as "crap figures" and now "cow dung" is being referenced along side JLU. My how this poor line has fallen :)

... but seriously

MoMoney wrote:
Mattel already knows how many people are buying the JLU product.

Now this is true. I think this reinforces the idea that this Guy 3-pack was made in smaller numbers than the rest. All of the 3-packs were made in very limited quantities but I'm really starting to believe more and more that this one was done at the absolute minimum. At least it seems like the smart thing to do because I still say this was by far the least attractive of the final packs. It would explain how this pack reached "Almost Gone" status way ahead of the rest. There were just less units to be sold in the first place. They may have also bumped up the number of Vandal Savage packs they made due to the popularity of the character and that would help to possibly explain why that pack seemed to linger on longer than the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:56 pm 
categorically opposed

whakojacko1976 wrote:
MoMoney wrote:

lol. I've noticed JLU referred to as "crap figures" and now "cow dung" is being referenced along side JLU. My how this poor line has fallen :)

... but seriously

:)

Obviously a little hyperbole on my part, but the point remains - it doesn't matter how affordable a product is if no one (or a very small population) wants to buy it. Cost is clearly part of the equation, but only part. It's not going to suddenly make JLU a hot, in-demand line again, just by making it cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:49 pm 
Cold-cast

whakojacko1976 wrote:
They may have also bumped up the number of Vandal Savage packs they made due to the popularity of the character and that would help to possibly explain why that pack seemed to linger on longer than the rest.

I think it just lingered longer because people really don't care to buy at the $40.00 price tag. I don't think that pack even sold out.

MoMoney wrote:
Obviously a little hyperbole on my part, but the point remains - it doesn't matter how affordable a product is if no one (or a very small population) wants to buy it. Cost is clearly part of the equation, but only part. It's not going to suddenly make JLU a hot, in-demand line again, just by making it cheap.

If it was more affordable, they would sell more. What were the GL & Stripe packs $30 with shipping on Matty? And......... They couldn't sell them. But my local Ollie's can't keep them in stock at the $12.99 price tag.

BTW Anyone notice the Guy pack is still " Almost Gone " now a week later. Because they aren't really almost gone. mattel & their trickery! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:32 am 
categorically opposed

Clayface wrote:
BTW Anyone notice the Guy pack is still " Almost Gone " now a week later. Because they aren't really almost gone. mattel & their trickery! :lol:

Right, it can't possibly be that they hit whatever their "threshold" is to mark something "Almost Gone" but haven't actually sold all of those remaining units yet. TrapJaw and King Grayskull are still marked "Almost Gone," too. Is this some elaborately orchestrated plot to instill fear in the MOTUC collectors, most of whom already have both figures? Elasti-Girl hasn't been moved to "Sold Out" from "Almost Gone" either, yet no one is launching a federal investigation into that.

Your hatred for all things Mattel is clouding your common sense.

It's a conspiracy. They're out to get you. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:42 am 
Aspires to be #1

MoMoney wrote:
Clayface wrote:

Right, it can't possibly be that they hit whatever their "threshold" is to mark something "Almost Gone" but haven't actually sold all of those remaining units yet. TrapJaw and King Grayskull are still marked "Almost Gone," too. Is this some elaborately orchestrated plot to instill fear in the MOTUC collectors, most of whom already have both figures? Elasti-Girl hasn't been moved to "Sold Out" from "Almost Gone" either, yet no one is launching a federal investigation into that.

Your hatred for all things Mattel is clouding your common sense.

It's a conspiracy. They're out to get you. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

I agree, it's SUPER annoying. As much as I hate to see JLU go because it was and still is my favorite line, I hope it's demise will at least get rid of people like this. They're just a toy company, they aren't out to ruin your life.

Last edited by j1h15233 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

'Almost gone' doesn't necessarily mean 'almost sold out'. It can mean 'time is running out'. So in essence it is true. At this point we know that they are up for a finite amount of time no matter how good or bad they sell.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 am 
AFA Graded

jzachery wrote:
'Almost gone' doesn't necessarily mean 'almost sold out'. It can mean 'time is running out'. So in essence it is true. At this point we know that they are up for a finite amount of time no matter how good or bad they sell.

One hole in that theory though.
Then why didn't the others have it up as early? Because this one is selling faster that's why.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

j1h15233 wrote:

I agree, it's SUPER annoying. As much as I hate to see JLU go because it was and still is my favorite line, I hope it's demise will at least get rid of people like this. They're just a toy company, they aren't out to ruin your life.

I think the thing I hate most about these nuts is the rank hypocrisy. These people are literally promoting and trafficking in stolen merchandise by overseas eBay sellers and they have the nerve, the unmitigated GALL, to use sexual assault analogies about Mattel ripping off its customers, when they are the ones ripping off Mattel. I'm beyond fed up. If there aren't some mass bannings on this board soon I will probably leave myself.

Edit:

I'm reminded strongly of the arguments I and others used to get into with Howard the Duck in the not so distant past. Except Howard was relatively reasonable and could be talked off the ledge by a convincing argument. The newbies though cannot. If you don't believe that Mattel is part of a huge international conspiracy involving world domination and boy bands, or that Mattel execs aren't planning on killing orphans to make Soylent JLU, you're in on it.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:51 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
jzachery wrote:

One hole in that theory though.
Then why didn't the others have it up as early? Because this one is selling faster that's why.

It's a possiblity but I still think it's unlikely. I love Guy but this pack seems to pack the least punch. At least if you go by what most people on this board were saying prior to this packs release. We've got a non-show character packed with 2 straight up rereleases. Many here seemed pretty luke warm to this pack. I say less made, less that needed to be sold in order to reach "Almost Gone" sooner than the rest. An-Gel Sakura and jzachery, what do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:28 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Fone Bone wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I think the thing I hate most about these nuts is the rank hypocrisy. These people are literally promoting and trafficking in stolen merchandise by overseas eBay sellers and they have the nerve, the unmitigated GALL, to use sexual assault analogies about Mattel ripping off its customers, when they are the ones ripping off Mattel. I'm beyond fed up. If there aren't some mass bannings on this board soon I will probably leave myself.

Edit:

I'm reminded strongly of the arguments I and others used to get into with Howard the Duck in the not so distant past. Except Howard was relatively reasonable and could be talked off the ledge by a convincing argument. The newbies though cannot. If you don't believe that Mattel is part of a huge international conspiracy involving world domination and boy bands, or that Mattel execs aren't planning on killing orphans to make Soylent JLU, you're in on it.

Fone you have to just ignore it. I know some of the things that have been said by some are really inappropriate. I know it sucks and is hard to ignore all that, but really, you'll end up causing yourself a ton of unnecessary stress if you don't. You have to let them be dude, just enjoy JLU for yourself. :) ;)

D.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Dusty wrote:
Fone you have to just ignore it. I know some of the things that have been said by some are really inappropriate. I know it sucks and is hard to ignore all that, but really, you'll end up causing yourself a ton of unnecessary stress if you don't. You have to let them be dude, just enjoy JLU for yourself. :) ;)

D.

I'm trying, Dusty. Really. But sometimes staying silent lets people who are out of control in their hatred get a free pass. I ignored it until the sexual assault analogies started popping up. Then I had to say something and I won't stop speaking up about it.

Hopefully the mods won't edit this particular post because I think the people who make these analogies should be able to read it. I'll try to put it in as PG of terms as I can without crossing the line.

I suffer from a wide variety of mental illnesses and when I was in my early twenties I spent four years in a state hospital. It was a hellish experience but one of the absolute worst things was seeing the results r-a-p-e and sexual abuse had on some of the women there who I wound up making friends with. There were people there with so many cut marks and self-inflicted burns, their arms were completely scarred. Some of the women there developed dissociative disorder (otherwise known as multiple personalities) to cope. There were many suicide attempts. One women I knew there had to have electro-shock treatments to forget some of her experiences. I had a really hard time when I was there and some of my illnesses had me doing things I'm not proud of. But one of the worst things about the experience was seeing how much pain other people were in. It's no joking matter and if people want to compare what happened to my friends to someone overcharging customers on toys, I'm not going to stay silent.

I'm not perfect and am ashamed of that particular time in my life but I've turned my life around since and I now consider myself a good person. Meds have done wonders for me and I now live a good life. But those experiences will always be with me and if I see some words on this board that are triggers for me or other people I'm going to say so. No offense otherwise intended.

Thanks, Dusty.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:09 am 
shirtless hugger

Thanks for sharing, Fone. I agree that it is definitely galling to hear people toss around sexual assault terms in reference to a toy line (or a movie, or a video game, or basically anything that isn't sexual assault).

For me, as soon as someone does that, they lose all credibility and I just ignore them, but I can understand not being able to keep quiet given what you've experienced.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next