Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:39 am 
Wonderdog

I've always wondered why people would defend the seemingly indefensible (like Mattel's numerous "mistakes"/bungles with JLU, or even Hot Wheels).

Then a few weeks ago I read this: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/male_aide_behind_silver_fan_gal_wpjSg13Sm8gWvKvHNIHRXI

Here's a few lines that sum up the story:

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has a strong female voice defending him against allegations he improperly funneled hush money to two of Assemblyman Vito Lopez’s sex-harassment accusers.

The thing is, Silver’s “female’’ supporter is a man — and he’s one of the powerful Democrat’s own staffers.

Companies routinely have employees anonymously review their products on websites, to counter complaints.

Put 2 and 2 together. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am 
shirtless hugger

WHAT.

GLsector666 wrote:
I've always wondered why people would defend the seemingly indefensible (like Mattel's numerous "mistakes"/bungles with JLU, or even Hot Wheels).

Then a few weeks ago I read this: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/male_aide_behind_silver_fan_gal_wpjSg13Sm8gWvKvHNIHRXI

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has a strong female voice defending him against allegations he improperly funneled hush money to two of Assemblyman Vito Lopez’s sex-harassment accusers.

The thing is, Silver’s “female’’ supporter is a man — and he’s one of the powerful Democrat’s own staffers.

Companies routinely have employees anonymously review their products on websites, to counter complaints.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

YUSH!
Nice one JoeG

Did the Titanic just hit this thread or what?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:11 pm 
Cold-cast

Joe G. wrote:
WHAT.

GLsector666 wrote:

Joe are you insinuating that Rose, Martha, or Donna may have been a man? :shock: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:51 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

GLsector666 wrote:

I'll just say it -

"The Mattel defenders are actually Mattel employees."

Certainly a possibility but I doubt that most if any of these guys work in such a capacity for Matty.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:27 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Hey if Mattel would pay me I would gladly lie... errr... I mean defend them. ;)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 pm 
Brand Manager

Dusty wrote:

D.

Too late! Mattel's already got a new apologist... errr... I mean Sith Lord.
And it doesn't get any better!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
red Ricky wrote:
Dusty wrote:

D.

Too late! Mattel's already got a new apologist... errr... I mean Sith Lord.
And it doesn't get any better!

OMGosh! that is one of the best gif images ever, lol. You just made my day...err night, RR, Thanks. :lol: lol

D.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 am 
Cold-cast

Well...I got both my Blue Beetle and firefly from China last week (hadn't had a chance to post).

Neither of them are in great shape, paint-wise, but Blue Beetle was a WRECK. I don't have a picture of it (it was a gift for a friend who isn't nearly as picky as I am about paint and I'm really not altogether THAT picky) but it's a mess. The logo on the chest was smeared, the paint on the right hand goggle lens was incomplete. It can be touched up, sure, but some people might not have the patience/ability/steady hand to do so.

Firefly's not as bad. He has no neck, though, which looks strange. Pics of him eventually.

On one hand, that kinda sucks...On the OTHER hand? Five bucks free shipping? Can't complain that much.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:16 am 
Cold-cast

Okay...I just went back and read previous posts.

Factory rejects. Makes total sense. Hense the screwed up paint jobs.

Annnnnd also most likely stolen.

Um...oops.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am 

Not all of them can be factory rejects, least with the DCUC, my two Mirror Masters are better than the packaged one I bought. And the Metrons out of China were far better paint jobs than the Matty released ones. I'm not defending I'm simply saying they steal good merchandise too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 am 
Collector Inspector

I got my Blue Beelte from China something like half a year ago, back when they first started popping up yet before they annpounced the cancelation, causingthe ebay prices on the unproduced figures to skyrocket. And that Blue Beetle figure is in fantastic shape. Roll of the dice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:40 am 

tuning4k wrote:
Roll of the dice.

Perfect! It's a crap shoot... that much is for sure. That's why I stick with one main dealer no matter who carries what.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 am 
declined to be a vampire

To date...I think I've picked up about 8 or 9 figures from china and I haven't had a bad experience yet.

I just bought 6 more in the last week...so I'll update you guys when I get them...of course what I picked up was DCUC style, not JLU.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:56 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Bunger43 wrote:
To date...I think I've picked up about 8 or 9 figures from china and I haven't had a bad experience yet.

It would almost be funny if the factory workers were taking all of the good figures home to sell and sending all the bad ones off to be packaged and sold by Matty. :roll: :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next