Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:39 am 
Wonderdog
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:44 am
Posts: 741
Location: Baldwin, LI, NY
I've always wondered why people would defend the seemingly indefensible (like Mattel's numerous "mistakes"/bungles with JLU, or even Hot Wheels).

Then a few weeks ago I read this: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/male_aide_behind_silver_fan_gal_wpjSg13Sm8gWvKvHNIHRXI

Here's a few lines that sum up the story:

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has a strong female voice defending him against allegations he improperly funneled hush money to two of Assemblyman Vito Lopez’s sex-harassment accusers.

The thing is, Silver’s “female’’ supporter is a man — and he’s one of the powerful Democrat’s own staffers.


Companies routinely have employees anonymously review their products on websites, to counter complaints.


Put 2 and 2 together. :wink:

_________________
No thanks. I don't buy it. If Mattel has plans, then they must read them upside down. rono


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:14 pm
Posts: 1284
Location: Dayton, OH
WHAT.

Image

GLsector666 wrote:
I've always wondered why people would defend the seemingly indefensible (like Mattel's numerous "mistakes"/bungles with JLU, or even Hot Wheels).

Then a few weeks ago I read this: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/male_aide_behind_silver_fan_gal_wpjSg13Sm8gWvKvHNIHRXI

Here's a few lines that sum up the story:

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has a strong female voice defending him against allegations he improperly funneled hush money to two of Assemblyman Vito Lopez’s sex-harassment accusers.

The thing is, Silver’s “female’’ supporter is a man — and he’s one of the powerful Democrat’s own staffers.


Companies routinely have employees anonymously review their products on websites, to counter complaints.


Put 2 and 2 together. :wink:

_________________
Joe G.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
YUSH!
Nice one JoeG

Did the Titanic just hit this thread or what?

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:11 pm 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 408
Location: South Carolina
Joe G. wrote:
WHAT.

Image

GLsector666 wrote:
I've always wondered why people would defend the seemingly indefensible (like Mattel's numerous "mistakes"/bungles with JLU, or even Hot Wheels).

Then a few weeks ago I read this: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/male_aide_behind_silver_fan_gal_wpjSg13Sm8gWvKvHNIHRXI

Here's a few lines that sum up the story:

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has a strong female voice defending him against allegations he improperly funneled hush money to two of Assemblyman Vito Lopez’s sex-harassment accusers.

The thing is, Silver’s “female’’ supporter is a man — and he’s one of the powerful Democrat’s own staffers.


Companies routinely have employees anonymously review their products on websites, to counter complaints.


Put 2 and 2 together. :wink:



Joe are you insinuating that Rose, Martha, or Donna may have been a man? :shock: :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:51 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1593
GLsector666 wrote:
I've always wondered why people would defend the seemingly indefensible (like Mattel's numerous "mistakes"/bungles with JLU, or even Hot Wheels).

Then a few weeks ago I read this: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/male_aide_behind_silver_fan_gal_wpjSg13Sm8gWvKvHNIHRXI

Here's a few lines that sum up the story:

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has a strong female voice defending him against allegations he improperly funneled hush money to two of Assemblyman Vito Lopez’s sex-harassment accusers.

The thing is, Silver’s “female’’ supporter is a man — and he’s one of the powerful Democrat’s own staffers.


Companies routinely have employees anonymously review their products on websites, to counter complaints.


Put 2 and 2 together. :wink:


I'll just say it -

"The Mattel defenders are actually Mattel employees."

Certainly a possibility but I doubt that most if any of these guys work in such a capacity for Matty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:27 pm 
User avatar
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1973
Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Hey if Mattel would pay me I would gladly lie... errr... I mean defend them. ;)


D.

_________________
Coming soon, a DCAU Figure Reference Guide... pictures, stats, and more, coming soon to a website near you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 pm 
User avatar
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am
Posts: 2057
Location: J Street
Dusty wrote:
Hey if Mattel would pay me I would gladly lie... errr... I mean defend them. ;)


D.

Too late! Mattel's already got a new apologist... errr... I mean Sith Lord.
And it doesn't get any better!

Image

_________________
Essential JLU:...1. Jax-Ur...2. Robin (Grayson)...3. Trickster...4. Power Girl...5. Spectre
...6. Chronos...7. Killer Croc w/BabyDoll...8. Felix Faust...9. Poison Ivy...10. Deathstroke
Bonus:...Starfire, Steppenwolf w/Desaad, the Joker's Jokerz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 pm 
User avatar
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1973
Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
red Ricky wrote:
Dusty wrote:
Hey if Mattel would pay me I would gladly lie... errr... I mean defend them. ;)


D.

Too late! Mattel's already got a new apologist... errr... I mean Sith Lord.
And it doesn't get any better!

Image

OMGosh! that is one of the best gif images ever, lol. You just made my day...err night, RR, Thanks. :lol: lol


D.

_________________
Coming soon, a DCAU Figure Reference Guide... pictures, stats, and more, coming soon to a website near you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 am 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:30 pm
Posts: 416
Well...I got both my Blue Beetle and firefly from China last week (hadn't had a chance to post).

Neither of them are in great shape, paint-wise, but Blue Beetle was a WRECK. I don't have a picture of it (it was a gift for a friend who isn't nearly as picky as I am about paint and I'm really not altogether THAT picky) but it's a mess. The logo on the chest was smeared, the paint on the right hand goggle lens was incomplete. It can be touched up, sure, but some people might not have the patience/ability/steady hand to do so.

Firefly's not as bad. He has no neck, though, which looks strange. Pics of him eventually.

On one hand, that kinda sucks...On the OTHER hand? Five bucks free shipping? Can't complain that much.

_________________
And now....the end is near...and we must face...the final JLU releases...sniff...sniff...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:16 am 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:30 pm
Posts: 416
Okay...I just went back and read previous posts.

Factory rejects. Makes total sense. Hense the screwed up paint jobs.

Annnnnd also most likely stolen.

Um...oops.

_________________
And now....the end is near...and we must face...the final JLU releases...sniff...sniff...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
Not all of them can be factory rejects, least with the DCUC, my two Mirror Masters are better than the packaged one I bought. And the Metrons out of China were far better paint jobs than the Matty released ones. I'm not defending I'm simply saying they steal good merchandise too.

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 1353
I got my Blue Beelte from China something like half a year ago, back when they first started popping up yet before they annpounced the cancelation, causingthe ebay prices on the unproduced figures to skyrocket. And that Blue Beetle figure is in fantastic shape. Roll of the dice.

_________________
WHERE are my classic Freedom Fighter action figures?!? Uncle Sam, The Ray, Black Condor, The Human Bomb, Phantom Lady, Doll Man and Firebrand!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:40 am 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
tuning4k wrote:
Roll of the dice.

Perfect! It's a crap shoot... that much is for sure. That's why I stick with one main dealer no matter who carries what.

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 am 
User avatar
declined to be a vampire
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 am
Posts: 2461
To date...I think I've picked up about 8 or 9 figures from china and I haven't had a bad experience yet.

I just bought 6 more in the last week...so I'll update you guys when I get them...of course what I picked up was DCUC style, not JLU.

_________________
I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:56 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1593
Bunger43 wrote:
To date...I think I've picked up about 8 or 9 figures from china and I haven't had a bad experience yet.


It would almost be funny if the factory workers were taking all of the good figures home to sell and sending all the bad ones off to be packaged and sold by Matty. :roll: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: