Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:19 am 
Aspires to be #1

This is off topic, but assault is the threat and the ability to do harm. Battery is the actual physical abuse or crime. No one ever seems to know that, myself included until I had to teach business law.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:00 pm 
5" Scale

j1h15233 wrote:
This is off topic, but assault is the threat and the ability to do harm. Battery is the actual physical abuse or crime. No one ever seems to know that, myself included until I had to teach business law.

Correct. You pull a gun on someone that's assault. Pull the trigger and that's attempted murder. In fact, if you wave a gun at a roomful of people, you've just assaulted everyone in the room.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 pm 
Knows his stuff

OMG! I just hope people are NOT lumping me in w/ the 1 or 2 extremists when it comes to Matty conspiracy theories! I like to be dramatic & downright LOVE to over exaggerate for FUN! I also know people who have suffered at the hands of others, affecting their lives to this very day.. in sometimes VERY self-destructive ways!

But on the other hand, that word which is being used that is causing so much offense has obviously been used in the english language in a way that of course lessens it's real & true meaning. That being said, I don't think (or @ least hope NOT) that anyone is trying to truely equate Matty being a bit shady (It IS a private business- so Duh!) to the real definition of sexual assault.

NOW THAT being said, once anyone on this board learns they are upsetting someone else specifically when being extreme in there delivery of their contempt for Mattel.........They NEED to STOP. Find another way (or word) to express your mistrust or contempt for Matty that doesn't make someone very upset.

I will say that I believe that this pack (Guy Gardner/BM/MM) is moving much faster than the Vandal Savage pack for a VERY obvious reason..... there is NOT hundreds of STOLEN JLU GUY GARDNER figures all over Ebay from CHINA based Sellers. I know I did not care at all for FUTURE SUPERMAN as a figure at all & Vandal was not near a top choice for me, so $40+ for that pack was not at all alluring for me. I admit I bought 2 $5.00 Vandal Savage figures off Ebay & will wait for the JLU: Vandal Savage/Future Supes 3-pk. to be SOLD on Matty for a discount (like the GA & Adam Strange/Animal Man 3-pks.) or IF they hit a place like OLLIE's. IF they never offer a Discount on Mattycollector.com or hit a Discount Retail store, I'll just live w/out Future supes. Now I bought 0 Vandal packs, but bought 2 GUY GARDNER 3-pks. @ that $40+ price for 2 reasons, 1.) there is NOT hundreds of COMPLETE GUY GARDNER figures being sold for CHEAP on Ebay because they are Stolen & ALL profit. & 2.) my 8 year old JLU-OBSESSED nephew loves to play w/ my JLU Green Lanterns ALL the Time! So I made sure i have 2 MIB in case they never get Discounted on Matty or hit a Discount chain! If they never do hit Clearanced/discounted prices.... I'll only let my nephew use the $5 GUY I bought on Ebay (did i mention he's stolen ???) that does NOT have his trademark VEST, once I put his head on another JLU GL body, probablly "classic" John Stewart.

I believe this pack is moving faster because of either the above reason (NOT 100s of COMPLETE GUY JLU stolen figs. on Ebay to buy Cheap from CHINA!)......... or......

Mattel PRODUCED a SMALLER quantity of this GUY GARDNER/repeat/repeat 3-pk.! (like hypothesized above)!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Well another payday has passed and still not "Sold Out" yet. This thing may have really come out of the gate strong but it's seemed to hit the wall. In the end it might not really have done any better or worse than the other packs. It just got to "Almost Gone" sooner for whatever reason. Will it still be available this time next week?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:56 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Will it still be available this time next week?

No! Because matty will make sure to pull it & mark it sold out before the Blue Beetle pack comes out so everyone can't save on combined shipping!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:55 am 
5" Scale

JLU-4-me wrote:
OMG! I just hope people are NOT lumping me in w/ the 1 or 2 extremists when it comes to Matty conspiracy theories! I like to be dramatic & downright LOVE to over exaggerate for FUN! I also know people who have suffered at the hands of others, affecting their lives to this very day.. in sometimes VERY self-destructive ways!

But on the other hand, that word which is being used that is causing so much offense has obviously been used in the english language in a way that of course lessens it's real & true meaning. That being said, I don't think (or @ least hope NOT) that anyone is trying to truely equate Matty being a bit shady (It IS a private business- so Duh!) to the real definition of sexual assault.

NOW THAT being said, once anyone on this board learns they are upsetting someone else specifically when being extreme in there delivery of their contempt for Mattel.........They NEED to STOP. Find another way (or word) to express your mistrust or contempt for Matty that doesn't make someone very upset.

I will say that I believe that this pack (Guy Gardner/BM/MM) is moving much faster than the Vandal Savage pack for a VERY obvious reason..... there is NOT hundreds of STOLEN JLU GUY GARDNER figures all over Ebay from CHINA based Sellers. I know I did not care at all for FUTURE SUPERMAN as a figure at all & Vandal was not near a top choice for me, so $40+ for that pack was not at all alluring for me. I admit I bought 2 $5.00 Vandal Savage figures off Ebay & will wait for the JLU: Vandal Savage/Future Supes 3-pk. to be SOLD on Matty for a discount (like the GA & Adam Strange/Animal Man 3-pks.) or IF they hit a place like OLLIE's. IF they never offer a Discount on Mattycollector.com or hit a Discount Retail store, I'll just live w/out Future supes. Now I bought 0 Vandal packs, but bought 2 GUY GARDNER 3-pks. @ that $40+ price for 2 reasons, 1.) there is NOT hundreds of COMPLETE GUY GARDNER figures being sold for CHEAP on Ebay because they are Stolen & ALL profit. & 2.) my 8 year old JLU-OBSESSED nephew loves to play w/ my JLU Green Lanterns ALL the Time! So I made sure i have 2 MIB in case they never get Discounted on Matty or hit a Discount chain! If they never do hit Clearanced/discounted prices.... I'll only let my nephew use the $5 GUY I bought on Ebay (did i mention he's stolen ???) that does NOT have his trademark VEST, once I put his head on another JLU GL body, probablly "classic" John Stewart.

I believe this pack is moving faster because of either the above reason (NOT 100s of COMPLETE GUY JLU stolen figs. on Ebay to buy Cheap from CHINA!)......... or......

Mattel PRODUCED a SMALLER quantity of this GUY GARDNER/repeat/repeat 3-pk.! (like hypothesized above)!

I'm not personally lumping you in with the conspiracy theorists JLU-For-Me. I've defended you in the past and I stand by that.

Clayface wrote:

No! Because matty will make sure to pull it & mark it sold out before the Blue Beetle pack comes out so everyone can't save on combined shipping!
Now, you're just trolling and TRYING to get a negative reaction from people. I probably shouldn't have responded to this post but you've become a parody of yourself. For someone who dislikes Gaupo as much as you do, you are increasingly becoming as disruptive as he was.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:43 pm 
Displays Backwards

Dude, that was harsh. No need to get personal.

EDIT

Never mind! It looks like I wasn't the only one who thought so, because the comment has been deleted. Thanks, mods!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:57 pm 
categorically opposed

Wouldn't be surprised of that was the last we heard from him, given how horrible and personal that tirade was.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:57 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Man I missed it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:04 pm 
Displays Backwards

I don't know why some of you guys spend so much energy defending Mattel when they've jerked us around for so long - but whatever makes you happy.

They make some really cool figures, but a bunch of their business decisions leave something to be desired. I've spent way too much time, energy, and money collecting this line - but I love DC characters, and when I got hooked, because of the wide variety of characters, well, it was all downhill from there, for better and for worse.

Same thing with their WWE line - another love/hate adventure for me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:58 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

j1h15233 wrote:
Man I missed it

Indeed you did :wink:

BCYa wrote:
I don't know why some of you guys spend so much energy defending Mattel when they've jerked us around for so long - but whatever makes you happy.

They make some really cool figures, but a bunch of their business decisions leave something to be desired. I've spent way too much time, energy, and money collecting this line - but I love DC characters, and when I got hooked, because of the wide variety of characters, well, it was all downhill from there, for better and for worse.

Same thing with their WWE line - another love/hate adventure for me.

I agree with you 100% on everything you stated in this post. I felt the same way with JLU. Love/Hate adventure sums it up perfectly! I really have no idea why the loyalists will defend this toy company
after all they've done over the years. Sure they gave us some figures we really wanted. But does anyone really believe it was for us fan boys/girls? They could really care less about us, it was done just to make their pockets fatter. I will never understand the blind loyalty people have for any company, let alone one the has jerked the fans around for so long.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:28 am 
5" Scale

MoMoney wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised of that was the last we heard from him, given how horrible and personal that tirade was.

Apparently, I'm in on it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:04 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Clayface wrote:

I agree with you 100% on everything you stated in this post. I felt the same way with JLU. Love/Hate adventure sums it up perfectly! I really have no idea why the loyalists will defend this toy company
after all they've done over the years. Sure they gave us some figures we really wanted. But does anyone really believe it was for us fan boys/girls? They could really care less about us, it was done just to make their pockets fatter. I will never understand the blind loyalty people have for any company, let alone one the has jerked the fans around for so long.

A company that wants to make money?? *GASP* Say it isn't so.

Gave us "some figures we really wanted"??????

Seriously that right there sums you up for me as someone who will never be happy until a company kisses your rear. Anyone who is not happy with the amount of figures we got in this line has entitlement issues and just likes to whine....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Over 200 figures. What a crappy line.....

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 am 
5" Scale

Clayface wrote:
I really have no idea why the loyalists will defend this toy company

Not believing crazy conspiracy theories that Mattel is evil and trying to ******** people =/= defending Mattel.

I hate Mattel sometimes. Every single screw-up in their lines in the retails stores is on them and they made figures impossible to find. Their DC lines are all dying due to their incompetence. I love the idea that someone like me, who REALLY doesn't like Mattel all that much and REALLY hates Matty is now a loyalist. This is how nutty you sound.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Hee hee... this type of topic always makes me laugh. You guys are hilarious.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next