Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheap JLU from Chinese eBay seller
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:14 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:
To date...I think I've picked up about 8 or 9 figures from china and I haven't had a bad experience yet.

It would almost be funny if the factory workers were taking all of the good figures home to sell and sending all the bad ones off to be packaged and sold by Matty. :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think that would be hilarious! Although probably not the case.

I received 2 Toymans & A Firefly. They had some minor flaws, but overall the paint was better than some of the figures that I got on matty or at retail. So I give them a 8 out of 10 on paint apps. Which is pretty high for mattel's crappy standard of quality.

But I did see someone in the US reselling a toyman they must have got from china. The paint was a total disaster. Looked like he fell on the ground when he was still wet. No proof of where he came from & how the American seller got him, but just assuming he ordered him from china & received this mess, so decided to just resell him on ebay. Here I saved the pics.

Someone got this pretty cheap still & with a little effort he could still be repainted.

I really think it is a " roll of the dice " what you will get

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:13 am 
declined to be a vampire

I just got a two pack (the yellow hal jordan and taller sinestro) from a China Reseller (I think Jimmy's Toys) today and they are in good shape. As good as what I would've picked up in the store, and I got free shipping. Think my winning bid was around 15 bucks. Also used him and another for a few buy it now figures, hope to get them soon.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 pm 

Yeah the price is definitely right on this stuff. I picked my Firefly & Toyman for under $10. So if they had some major paint problems or defects when they arrived, I wouldn't have been too upset over taking a chance on $10. Glad I received really nice ones, though.

The seller I went through realized what he has now. There are no more buy it now auctions for $3 on those figures. Most of them are actual auctions to see how much he can get from bidders. Really glad I bought mine when I did.

Last edited by Clayface on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:27 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

These people are not ignorant to what they have. They stay in touch with some of us and even check these forums. This probably means his stock is dwindling. And you always ask for more when you're at the end of the barrel.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:18 pm 
ABS

This seller has Young Justice 4 inch artemis I just bought one :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:46 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I can't say enough about how happy I did business with this distributor of JLU figures. Frankly, I think I wouldn't have been able to get those figures, like Firefly & Toyman, otherwise. Too bad they couldn't have gotten Volcana as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 pm 

rono wrote:
I can't say enough about how happy I did business with this distributor of JLU figures. Frankly, I think I wouldn't have been able to get those figures, like Firefly & Toyman, otherwise. Too bad they couldn't have gotten Volcana as well.

I couldn't agree more about being happy to get these figures. I was definitely buying the Toyman, Firefly pack & had the $40 put aside. But I am, glad that I didn't have to spend that much. Toyman is an excellent figure, but I would have been irritated spending the $40 on the pack since I didn't really want Destiny & Firefly leaves a lot to be desired since he is so small. Once again another disappointment from mattel on scale that I would have not been happy paying that much for.

I also agree that it is too bad they couldn't have got a hold of a bunch of Volcana's & STAS Aquaman's.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Oh, come on.
Who wouldn't rather have the new Volcana, than another Bats, WW, or Booster Gold?

AFi Positive Feedback: +198

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:46 pm 

thanks to this thread, I decided to try a Blue Beetle from this seller, rather then buying the 3pk for just him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm 
Knows his stuff

Just received my Vandal Savage from him today. I've bought four figures from him in the last month, and have yet to be disappointed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:13 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

My trade for the Matty Vandal 3-pack was cancelled, and I wasn't told until after they sold out, so
I was forced to get it from China instead. :oops:

I'm getting 2 more Vandals to make customs of the WW2 version, and the King in white version. :wink:

AFi Positive Feedback: +198

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:16 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well I broke down and picked up Aretmis-

Looks as good as out of the package.

Funny thing- is despite the auction saying it was coming out of china-- got the figure from CA in 2 days..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:05 am 
shirtless hugger

I bought Artemis, too. I think the Young Justice female figures (Artemis, Cheshire, and Miss Martian) fit pretty well with JLU. Mine also showed up in two days from CA. I was stunned. It's in very good shape, though. No flaws I can see. Other figures I've bought from him are kind of beat up, but for the price, I'm satisfied.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 am 
Joint Unfreezer

The Blue Beetle I bought from this guy arrived yesterday. His paint job/general state of filthiness is roughly equivalent to the Toyman above, and to top it off he has 2 right arms. :? The good news is the seller seems very focused on 100% customer satisfaction, so I'm hoping he'll resolve the issue for me. I'll follow up to let everyone know how things shake out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:46 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I'm noticing the 6" figures from China come in much better shape than the JLU figures.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next