Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Evil Dead Reboot
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:24 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

That's kinda what I'm thinking. Bruce's word is good enough for me.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:50 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger pic!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:05 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:25 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Evil Dead Director Says Remake Has No CGI

by ShockTillYouDrop

January 06, 2013

Fede Alvarez. A champion for practical FX.

The director of the Evil Dead remake spoke with io9 about the forthcoming redo of Sam Raimi's cult classic and he revealed that there will not be a lick of CGI in the film. Inside, you'll find him commenting on this decision to favor practical FX as well as a spoiler-y scene that "pushed the boundaries."

"We didn't do any CGI in the movie. There's no CGI in the movie. Everything you will see is real, which was really demanding. This was a very long shoot, 70 days of shooting at night. There's a reason people use CGI it's cheaper and faster, I hate that. We researched a lot of magic tricks and illusion tricks. [Like] how you would make someone's arm disappear.

There's a moment where a girl goes through her arm with a kitchen knife — spoiler alert. And we knew since day one the camera would start wide, she goes for the knife, you see her arm, she starts going for it. And you think they're going to cut away at any moment, but we don't. She just goes for it and screams and the arm breaks and falls. So we really pushed the boundaries there, trying to create those illusions... It has a particularly bloody ending. The last scene is just...I want it to be the bloodiest scene, ever. And I think it is."

Who's excited? If you missed the trailer, watch it here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

That trailer is insanely creepy. I can't wait for this. Is anyone else really looking forward to this movie?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:28 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

So ... no one?

Mike
(Wow. You guys are a tough crowd.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The First Cut of Evil Dead Received an NC-17

Source: ComingSoon

January 28, 2013

Following the gory Red Band trailer that came online earlier this month, the current cut of Fede Alvarez's upcoming horror remake, Evil Dead has received an "NC-17" rating from MPAA. ShockTillYouDrop.com caught the update, straight from Alvarez's own Twitter feed.

"Was proud of scoring a NC17 when submitted!" Alvarez writes, "But we had to cut stuff out to get an R and get the film into theaters."

In the much anticipated remake of the 1981 cult-hit horror film, five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.

Opening in theaters on April 12, the Fede Alvarez-directed film stars Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas and Elizabeth Blackmore.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Evil Dead Moves Up a Week to April 5

Source: ComingSoon

January 30, 2013

Following this morning's news that Twentieth Century Fox Film was moving The Heat from April 5th to June 28th comes word from Bruce Campbell himself that Sony's TriStar Pictures has moved Evil Dead up a week from April 12th to April 5th.

The only other wide release for April 5 is Universal's 3D re-release of Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park.

In the remake of the 1981 cult-hit horror film, five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.

Evil Dead stars Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas and Elizabeth Blackmore. It has been rated R for strong bloody violence and gore, some sexual content and language.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 pm 
4" scale

Yes, Mike, I am actually looking forward to this. It will be the first horror flick I've bothered to see in a theater since cabin in the woods, which was the first since drag you to hell, which was the first since, damn, i dont even know. Since probably before batman begins. Basically, I don't bother watching modern horror movies, especially not in a theater, but this will be an exception i look very forward to.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:06 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thanks, shishalzafrazz! This movie looks like it's going to be scary fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:15 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Art & Specs for the Evil Dead DVD, Blu-ray

by ShockTillYouDrop

May 28, 2013

Details are in for the DVD, Blu-ray release of Evil Dead, the remake of the Sam Raimi film which hit theaters in April. According to Blu-ray.com, this title streets on July 16th. You can see the cover art below.

A secluded cabin. An ancient curse. An unrelenting evil. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell reunite to present a genuinely terrifying re-imagining of their original horror masterpiece. Five young friends have found the mysterious and fiercely powerful Book of the Dead. Unable to resist its temptation, they release a violent demon on a blood-thirsty quest to possess them all. Who will be left to fight for their survival and defeat this unearthly force of murderous carnage?

Bonus features:

Commentary featuring stars Jane Levy, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas, Director Fede Alvarez and writer Rodo Sayagues (Blu-ray exclusive)
“Making Life Difficult” – The Intense and Physically Exhausting Creation of the Film
“Being Mia” – The Physical and Psychological Transformation into “Evil Mia”
“Directing The Dead” – Director Fede Alvarez re-imagines a cult horror classic
“Unleashing The Evil Force” – Exploring the origins and design of the new Book of the Dead (Blu-ray exclusive)
“Evil Dead the Reboot” – Cast Rehearsals, Bruce Campbell, Deadites and more! (Blu-ray exclusive)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:34 pm 
Hat Pooper

just watched it few days ago thought it was utter garbage.. ill go back to old evil dead on dvds lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:44 am 
4" scale

Yeah, I agree. It was terrible. I'm amazed that Raimi AND Campbell were both so behind this. It seriously might as well have been a totally unrelated movie to any of the Evil Dead films. It was basically just one of those millions of ***tty new horror movies that doesn't get inventive or esoteric in any way. Just hack and slash an old clever movie idea to pieces and cover it in bright red blood. I actually kinda felt like Cabin in the Woods and/or Drag me to Hell were more like ED sequels than this was.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:18 pm 
Hat Pooper

yeah totally!
there was no weird creepy sound effects or weird camera angles or suspense and the deadites just seemed uninteresting apart from the one that licked the knife but they just didnt feel right and i didnt like the characters. i was so so so so looking forward to this and i admit after hearing bruce and others saying on interviews that ed fans wouldnt be dissapointed and the film is ace i then watched it and was devastated!

it was just bad and wrong in so many ways i wish they left ed alone now. worryingly the rumours of an evil dead 4 are! but they saying ash will be back??? and played by bruce?
ill just pretend this remake or whatever it is doesnt exist

and really? managed to cut arm off with a electric bread knife in seconds

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:25 pm 
4" scale

yeah, I WRECKED an electric bread knife on a watermelon one time, so don't believe the hype on that one.