Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 am 
Knows his stuff

ian5555 wrote:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Over 200 figures. What a crappy line.....

Well, we didn't get Robin...

(I joke, I joke, I kid, I kid!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:33 am 
Aspires to be #1

jamiwa3 wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Biggest omission in the line

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

jamiwa3 wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

Maybe they're not part of JLU, but they were made by Mattel and I do have them.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:08 pm 
Knows his stuff

An-Gel Sakura wrote:

Maybe they're not part of JLU, but they were made by Mattel and I do have them.

I do have that Robin and Two Face. It would have been nice to have a (doodletwig? ok, fine, a Richard) Grayson Robin though.

I don't care for that Catwoman or Joker though. I'm glad they redid the Joker. I wish they would have done a BTAS Catwoman and Poison Ivy. But I'm not going to get yet another wishlist thread going!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I had a BTAS style Catwoman custom done. It's awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 pm 
Cold-cast

ian5555 wrote:
Clayface wrote:

I agree with you 100% on everything you stated in this post. I felt the same way with JLU. Love/Hate adventure sums it up perfectly! I really have no idea why the loyalists will defend this toy company
after all they've done over the years. Sure they gave us some figures we really wanted. But does anyone really believe it was for us fan boys/girls? They could really care less about us, it was done just to make their pockets fatter. I will never understand the blind loyalty people have for any company, let alone one the has jerked the fans around for so long.

A company that wants to make money?? *GASP* Say it isn't so.

Gave us "some figures we really wanted"??????

Seriously that right there sums you up for me as someone who will never be happy until a company kisses your rear. Anyone who is not happy with the amount of figures we got in this line has entitlement issues and just likes to whine....

I love the way you guys take one part of something that was said & twist it to make it sound like you are right. :lol:

I never said there was anything wrong with a company making money. All companies do things to make money. But it is when that's all they care about. Much like mattel. Mattel tried to go the absolute cheapest route & take all the shortcuts in producing these things, to make the absolute highest profit. Which sacraficed anything that may be considered slightly close to any type of quality. All mattel did was was keep using the same bucks & adding new heads or rubber add ons, which were so cheap it turned white after awhile for the most part. The paint used & the applications kept getting worse as time went on. The plastic used for the figures just kept getting lower grade & these figures had a tough enough time standing when they were using a sturdy plastic. Last after they kept using lower quality product to make these things, they just kept raising the price higher & higher until we are at the point where they are now $30 a 3 pack.

Never once have I stated it was a " failed " line! mattel will tell you that :wink: Have I said it was crappy? No not exactly. But I have said these figures were crappy for the reasons listed above, not because of the amount of figures they brought out.

jamiwa3 wrote:
I don't care for that Catwoman or Joker though. I'm glad they redid the Joker. I wish they would have done a BTAS Catwoman and Poison Ivy. But I'm not going to get yet another wishlist thread going!

I really didn't have a problem with the Catwoman besides the color of her skin.

There was seriously something odd when mattel started making the animated Batman figures. Like they didn't want to remake what Kenner already had done, so they felt they had to drastically change things or something. The Joker was terrible, the skin was blue & they had to add pin stripes to his pants. What is up with the striped suit on Two-Face? Luckily it was easy enough to repaint. There was no Batman that actually had the same colors/logo combo like he did in the TNBA. Once again, easy enough to repaint after masking off the one with the right the logo & making sure you got the cape out of the way when painting. I think the one I repainted with the right logo might have been orange. Robin, & Nightwing were metallic. I think the first Batgirl was in a 4 pack & she was silver or maybe a teal & black. You couldn't get a figure that looked close to her TNBA colors until the one that came with a playstation game. This all seemed like poor decisions right from the start with mattel. They were decent looking figures, but they were all painted wrong besides Penguin. I just don't get what they were thinking? Possibly all these decisions by mattel were why those figures made it to the big lots & other discount stores so quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:00 pm 
Aspires to be #1

So a toy company took parts they already invested in and used them again to make other toys in that same line? What is this world coming to?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 pm 
Daniel Pickett

This thread has devolved into just a bunch of bickering. Let's get back to talking about toys we enjoy instead of picking apart each others arguments.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:34 am 
Brand Manager

Ok I check this thread for one sole reason to see if the pack sold out! The people going back and forth need to simply drop it lets go back to the AFI glory days of JLU talk!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:35 am 
Knows his stuff

Clayface wrote:
jamiwa3 wrote:

I really didn't have a problem with the Catwoman besides the color of her skin.

I really prefer the BTAS look of the characters before they redesigned them later. The Scarecrow's redesign was far more interesting, but I think he was the only improvement. I would have really liked a BTAS Catwoman, and bonus points if they gave her a swappable Selina Kyle head (like STRIPE, or the Voltron Force figures).

j1h15233 wrote:
I had a BTAS style Catwoman custom done. It's awesome.

The public demands pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:41 am 
Aspires to be #1

jamiwa3 wrote:

You can find it on this page. Done by the great greatwhite

http://customjustice.dchallofjustice.co ... c=2666.165

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:01 am 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:
jamiwa3 wrote:

You can find it on this page. Done by the great greatwhite

http://customjustice.dchallofjustice.co ... c=2666.165

I have to admit, that is awesome. I like that Dr. Cyber as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:29 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I still haven't received mine, even though I ordered on the 17th. I'm sorry, but anyone who doesn't think USPS is a joke at this point should have their head examined. I've already changed my shipping method for next month. Ugh.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:34 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

PBateman wrote:
Ok I check this thread for one sole reason to see if the pack sold out! The people going back and forth need to simply drop it lets go back to the AFI glory days of JLU talk!

Actually, probably the fastest and most reliable way find out that information is to check Mattycollector.com.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:46 am 
Loose, Missing Package

texgnome1 wrote:
I still haven't received mine, even though I ordered on the 17th. I'm sorry, but anyone who doesn't think USPS is a joke at this point should have their head examined. I've already changed my shipping method for next month. Ugh.

I don't care how slow my shipment is, at least I know *where* it will be when it arrives unlike trying to find out *where* UPS may have left the box when the tracking says "delivered"...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next