Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Any Post-NYCC question for Mattel for the next Q&A?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:37 am 
Daniel Pickett

If so post them here. I'm submitting them tomorrow morning.

Post subject: Re: Any Post-NYCC question for Mattel for the next Q&A?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 am 
declined to be a vampire

Question: All of us have different tastes, but the general consensus is that the Red Hood figure that is showing up in the DCIE line isn't the one that was preferred by most collectors. Will we see a Jason Todd Red Hood figure in the biker gear (pre or post 52 look) that a lot of people have been waiting to see show up in the Batman Unlimited line? Is there a good chance of that?

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:44 am 
Aspires to be #1

It seems like the toys aisles are devoid of any Mattel DC toys so what, if any DC toys will be available at retailers for Christmas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:09 am 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
It seems like the toys aisles are devoid of any Mattel DC toys so what, if any DC toys will be available at retailers for Christmas?

"It's up to our retail partners to decide what they want to stock. Mattel has no control over an individual stores' inventory."

A good question that I hope gets answered, but my hopes are not high :-)

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:25 am 
Aspires to be #1

Joe G. wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

"It's up to our retail partners to decide what they want to stock. Mattel has no control over an individual stores' inventory."

A good question that I hope gets answered, but my hopes are not high :-)

I'm not really expecting a real answer either but they have next to nothing for sale right now. I guess they have two Batman lines that are still sold in some places but most DC sections are a ghost town.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:54 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

1. Any chance of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl being re-released next year's Bat-focused retail line, and if so, could you give her the new cape from the recent New52 Batgirl, just to make her slightly different?

2. If you do a NU52 Damian Wayne Robin, would you use parts of the small male teen buck or would you work up a completely new buck due to the character being smaller in build than that buck?

3. With MOTUC Castle Greyskull, you showed collectors the blue prints and a scale mock-up of what they should expect if going in on the pre-order. This is a great marketing strategy to drum up the required interest and purchases. BUT....
Is there any chance you can apply this concept to the DCIE sub by running a poll across the various Toy collector sites, whereby fans can vote on the characters and which versions of DC figures they want the most, selected from a list of characters you have the rights to make? This would then result in you knowing who the most wanted figures are, you could then put those in that years sub and get way more subscribers as you would be giving them the exact figures they asked for. Does this sound feasible and if not why?

4. MOTUC: Pics have been hitting of the final production version of Frosta and yet again a character that should have white in their costume has been made with dull grey. Why do you continue to make what should be white on a figure grey instead? Is it really so difficult to make white plastic, because it seems thousands of other plastic items can be made in white so why does this happen with your figures? (NB, this is something that has shown up in all your lines, DCUC, JLU, MOTUC etc)

5. MOTUC. As we now have Fisto and will be getting his evil opposite Jitsu, what are the chances of getting both their steeds Stridor and Night Stalker? Does the fact that these characters, as with Battle Cat and Panthor, (being two figures from mostly one buck) mean that they are likely or has the drop in sub interest killed their chances of being made?

6. If you completely fill the Castle Greyskull thermometer past the goal line and to the very top with pre-orders when it closes in January, will that have a positive effect on the price? As you have made sub buyers aware, the more units of an item that get produced, the cheaper the overall cost for each unit. So if you were to exceed your minimum/estimated number of orders, would we see a slight decrease in the price of the castle?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:39 pm 
Brand Manager

1.What is the next case mix for the 1:50th scale Batmobiles ? Will you be re-releasing the Batman and Robin Batblade motorcycle ? The 1:50th scale Batmobile series is awesome please please keep this line going and consider making a The New Batman the animated series Batmobile .

2. What is the next Hot Wheels mainline Batmobile going to be ? I see it listed online as TV Series Batmobile will it be from the new Beware the Batman cartoon ??

3. Would you please consider doing 2 packs 3 or 4 times a year for the DCIE sub ?This would be a great added on value to the sub. Just make packs with minimal tooling maybe if a pack has 1 newly tooled figure the other can be a repaint ? There are ALOT of low tooling much needed like the following -

Donna Troy in starfield costume + Beast boy in red and white (Both simple repaints)

Fire and Ice (minimal tooling)

Doc Magnus + The Chief (just 2 need heads nad a wheelchair you can reuse for Oracle!)

SC Amon Sur + BL Abin Sur

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:40 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

1. Any idea when we will see a preview for the new Beware the Batman line and is there an idea of when it will be on the shelves?

2. Any idea when we will see a preview for the new Batman (60's show) line and is there an idea of when it will be on the shelves?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

DrGreenEvil wrote:
1. Any idea when we will see a preview for the new Beware the Batman line and is there an idea of when it will be on the shelves?

2. Any idea when we will see a preview for the new Batman (60's show) line and is there an idea of when it will be on the shelves?

I would guess in Feb at New York's Toy Fair.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:27 am 
Hat Pooper

With the DCUC Superman Batman and Wonder Woman going for big bucks on ebay would you release them in a 3pack? Maybe in the Super Powers colors we have been waiting on

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:55 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Ashxking wrote:
With the DCUC Superman Batman and Wonder Woman going for big bucks on ebay would you release them in a 3pack? Maybe in the Super Powers colors we have been waiting on

I second this one!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 am 
Fugitive Dust

will the questions in the regular ask matty Q&A thread be used?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:21 am 
Daniel Pickett

yes. in the next round