Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 686 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:50 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... cle-batman

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... eldc-panel

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: Adam West Batman Action Figures
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:51 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I am very excited about this. Who knew how close we were to getting these items when I first posted the question? I have been enjoying the series again on the Hub (we just upgraded our cable). Ah....the memories!

John

Post subject: Mattel Batman toylines in 2013
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 pm 
Collector Inspector

I am a huge Batman fan.
So anything Batman or Batman related I am into.
But ever since JLU stopped being sold in stores, Mattel just hasn't really released anything I have wanted.
(Not into 6in. Not into Power Tek since it wasn't related to anything. TDKR didn't have anything of interest. Young Justice was so boring out the gate that I didn't get into the toyline.)

But next year is gonna be awesome.
A new toy line for Beware the Batman and 60's show Batman.
I'm getting (kinda high) expectations for both of them.

60's Batman...
I don't make a habit of buying action figures that are over $10 unless they have cool accessories.
But I am glad that these will be more movie masters scale than 6in, help me to swallow the price and add them to my collection easier. (Hello Rationalization!!)
With this line, I am probably going to be buying doubles.
You DO NOT KNOW!! how badly I want an Egghead and King Tut figure. Wanted them since I was a kid.
A batmobile would be super sweet. Especially since they basically already have a mold for it.

Beware the Batman...
Hoping for 5in scale.
And enough villains to choke on. At least a The Batman level rate of release and number of villains.
Really wanting an Alfred figure.

Anything of these lines you guys are looking forward to?
DrGreenEvil

Post subject: Re: Mattel Batman toylines in 2013
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:40 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Im kinda the polar opposite to you I guess.

I think Batman is just way oversaturated. Same as Wolverine and Spiderman and Iron Man. There is just TOO MUCH Batman out there.

And I know that I am in the minority.

In regards to those lines you mentioned though...

60's Batman... I can see myself getting Batman, Robin, and Batgirl. Maybe a Riddler because Gorshin was simply amazing in the role. But there wouldn't be much else I would want and even those aren't a guarantee.

Beware... it depends on the line. I stayed out of B&B because I didn't like the style or hex hole gimmick. I bought into The Batman line, but only basic Batman, the JL, and the Villains, never any of the variants. Unless this toy line or the character offering is radically different I can see myself easily passing on these as well.

and it wouldn't bother me at all to walk down a toy aisle that was free and clear of any and all Batman (and Spiderman and Iron Man and ....)

But again, I am very much aware I am very much the minority.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 am 
Collector Inspector

Being devil's advocate here, I would say having plenty of Batman consistently represented in the toy aisles is a good thing that keeps up brand awareness and helps us collectors get some of the other nice things we want. If Batman is their cash cow, then theoretically (we hope) he will bring some of the fringe characters and villains along with him.

From a business standpoint, I thinks it's stupid to have pegs full of Indigo Atoms, Cyclotrons, and El Dorado. What I hope for the most in 2013, is that they do better about getting their toys on the shelves. When someone asks where Young Justice 6-inch Batman is and they say "Retailers have him, go check your local store! Whee!"

Retailers are so fickle and flaky. They want recession-proof toys like Batman I guess, but Mattel and the stores need to work together to get the toys on the shelves and keeps things moving and selling. Don't put out the Young Justice figures 6 months after the show airs. Don't go crazy on Green Lantern movie junk so that the GL Animated series figures get canned. Stuff like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:46 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

The most popular Super Hero of all time will get lots of peg time. That's just smart business.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:01 am 
Aspires to be #1

ian5555 wrote:
The most popular Super Hero of all time will get lots of peg time. That's just smart business.

That's funny, because I never see Captain Planet figures anywhere!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

j1h15233 wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

That's funny, because I never see Captain Planet figures anywhere!

That's cause his name isn't Batman.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 am 
Knows his stuff

I'm super excited about not seeing these new lines in all my local stores!

As a action figure collector, the thought of cool new Mattel Batman lines being launched then killed is what I truly enjoy about this hobby.

:roll: :D :shock: :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:18 am 
ABS

Wasn't Beware of Batman canceled?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:16 pm 
shirtless hugger

For some reason I think Beware The Batman will be treated by fans and collectors much the same way The Batman or even Batman Brave and the Bold was.

http://screenrant.com/beware-the-batman ... -massacre/

Both shows seemed to take a lot of flak for some of the character changes made and the action figures never seemed to stray too far from the Batman, the basic villains and lots of Batman Technicolor Batsuit Variants.

I’m looking forward to the 1966 Batman action figures, especially if they do them in Movie Masters or DCU scale. Beware The Batman not so much, I’d probably only look at the “normal” Batman and the villains much like I do with the current Batman Power Attack series.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:26 pm 
declined to be a vampire

I love Batman, but have zero desire to watch that cartoon.

They had a format that worked. Not sure why they felt the need to change it so much.

Bring back the Timmverse.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:36 pm 
Cold-cast

starks wrote:
Wasn't Beware of Batman canceled?

Not cancelled. There was some controversy about Beware of the Batman after the Colorado shooting. Supposedly, the show was making some changes to the dark tone (and double gun-toting Alfred, I would guess).

Also, rumors were floating around recently (after DC Nation vanished) that CN is unhappy with Beware so far. I would take that with a huge grain of salt because CN has already been promoting it. Also, I doubt CN and WB want to go back to the drawing board and take two years to create an all-new CGI Batman cartoon from scratch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:55 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Batman . . . yawn.

I know he's a necessary evil in order to get more of the collector friendly tertiary figures, but I'll probably never buy another Batman figure. I've got a shelf full already.

The TV series line is interesting, but I'll probably just get Batgirl.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:01 pm 
Cold-cast

Totally! But even third-tier characters bore me now. I'm only interested in buying accessories that fourth and fifth tier characters use. Like Vibe's boombox or Doctor Spectro's belt ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 686 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next