Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ramdom pics of our Mattel figures
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Van Statten wrote:
Lex Luthor
Buisness Man, President or Super Genius Criminal on the run and in hiding?
What's your favorite?

Business Man. I like one who can operate in public and isn't constantly being forced to break himself out of prison. President Luthor also seems silly to me. It comes across to me as a creative reach. Donald Trump can't buy himself a Presidency. Why would Luthor be able to do it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:12 pm 
shirtless hugger

You're right, Van - Dark Knight Returns was a few years before A Death in the Family, and did feature the Jason Todd memorial that would become a staple of the Batcave.

I finally got around to setting up my JLU figures - and I ran out of room on the heroes shelf for everyone!

Still need to find a space for the Big 7, GL Corps, and a few others.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:13 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Backward Galaxy wrote:
Van Statten wrote:
Lex Luthor
Buisness Man, President or Super Genius Criminal on the run and in hiding?
What's your favorite?

Business Man. I like one who can operate in public and isn't constantly being forced to break himself out of prison. President Luthor also seems silly to me. It comes across to me as a creative reach. Donald Trump can't buy himself a Presidency. Why would Luthor be able to do it?

Because Donald Trump isn't the smartest man on the planet.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Joe G. wrote:
You're right, Van - Dark Knight Returns was a few years before A Death in the Family, and did feature the Jason Todd memorial that would become a staple of the Batcave.

I finally got around to setting up my JLU figures - and I ran out of room on the heroes shelf for everyone!

Cool pic.

On the shelf below with books...what is that White Superman Book that is next to the end on the right?

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:15 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Backward Galaxy wrote:

I like the Business Man myself. Other than Hackman's onscreen Luthor I grew up with the John Byrne revamp Luthor... who in the Man of Steel mini-series looked a lot like Trump today. :lol:

While I could agree about President Luthor, that was just good fun to me it was how they disposed him which left a bad taste in my mouth in Public Enemies.

I was never a fan of the criminal on the run in hiding but I did love the sense of style and class he maintained in the movies as opposed to the Super Friends version in a jump suit.

Whatever the Luthor... for me... he will always need his battlesuit at least once!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm 
shirtless hugger

Bunger43 wrote:
Joe G. wrote:

Cool pic.

On the shelf below with books...what is that White Superman Book that is next to the end on the right?

That is Superman From the '30s to the '70s.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:52 am 
Knows his stuff

Joe G. wrote:

That is my fear. I don't have my JLU set up they way I want just yet, but after completing the League, then added several characters that should be in the on-air League (Hawkman, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, etc.), I don't know if I'll have enough room on one shelf for the heroes.

I currently have some of them displayed, but it is not enough room. Maybe I need to get a utility shelf.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Bunger43 wrote:

Prepare for itemized list of responses that would all be appropriate on their own:

1: Says the guy who isn't worth $3 billion.

2: Neither is Luthor.

3: Since when has being the smartest man on the planet been a pre-req for getting yourself elected to office? Since when has it even been a characteristic of those that are?

4: I still say it's completely unbelievable and stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 am 

I actually think Luthor rates as one of the top five smartest people in the DC Universe. Superman only beats him because Luthor's Ego is stupid. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:55 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Bunger43 wrote:
Van Statten wrote:
Okay... why? He's not the Second Coming or anything but I'm just curious how his era differs from others.

For the most part I just haven't enjoyed his stories (outside of the JLA, which I did enjoy).

I absolutely hated Batman R.I.P. It almost turned me off of reading Batman all together.

1000% this..

Batman Inc as a idea I can deal with-- Batman Inc. the comic- wasnt worth the paper it was printed on..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 pm 

stewbacca wrote:

Batman Inc as a idea I can deal with-- Batman Inc. the comic- wasnt worth the paper it was printed on..

Yeah... that comic in action... is really Morrison at his worst... I'm willing to bet there was more DC Editorial influence with that idea and like any other writer he'll write about what he's told. If that was his idea... still I blame the Editor who approved it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:19 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

jamiwa3 wrote:
That is my fear. I don't have my JLU set up they way I want just yet, but after completing the League, then added several characters that should be in the on-air League (Hawkman, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, etc.), I don't know if I'll have enough room on one shelf for the heroes.

I currently have some of them displayed, but it is not enough room. Maybe I need to get a utility shelf.

AHEM. Silly jamiwa. The solution is obvious. Get rid of everything else and buy more shelves for JLU. Sheesh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 pm 

Some Masters of the Universe action...
The Sorceress of Grayskull foretells the future with the Orb of Grayskull...

He-Man and Skeletor battle it out...

Megator keeps Man-at-Arms and the Eternian Guard busy...

Teela is flanked by Mer-Man and Beast-Man!

"By the Power of Grayskull!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:42 pm 
declined to be a vampire

You think those are appropriate? LOL...a horrible attempt at humor maybe and completely missing the point of what comics are on the rest.

Also...don't know if you've realized it, but most of our politicians are smart (despite what we say), and every last one of them is loaded with money, or has the ability to get just about as much as they need to be one of two parties winning an election. To think that who the Repubs/Dems end up with, that they don't buy their way to that spot is laughable. Get a clue.

Backward Galaxy wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:

Prepare for itemized list of responses that would all be appropriate on their own:

1: Says the guy who isn't worth $3 billion.

2: Neither is Luthor.

3: Since when has being the smartest man on the planet been a pre-req for getting yourself elected to office? Since when has it even been a characteristic of those that are?

4: I still say it's completely unbelievable and stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:05 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Sidenote: I see all of this "Mr Terrific is the 3rd smartest person on the planet"...and the general consensus (at least as far as I can find) is that Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne would be 1 and 2.

Can't find anything that really disagrees with that, although it would be nice if DC would say it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next